• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Do U Want 4 Christmas?

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
v8y5tr.jpg

I got it!

Draka

Wonder Woman
My van fixed.
A nice diary.
New pair of high heeled boots.

My van's brakes are fixed, though the power steering isn't, but at least drivable.

And my mother got me a pretty journal.

So, didn't get the boots. :p

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
I like high heeled boots, I pray you get your wish soon! Glad you got the brakes fixed, that's important!

I once had a V.W. Van, circa early 1970s - it was given to me actually by a Hindu friend, and I was on Highway 1 going along the ocean but the road near Muir Beach was rather tenuous (anyone here ever drive Highway 1 in Marin County? .., you know what I mean), the "struts" or something just suddenly went seriously wrong, the entire van would suddenly start to violently rock back and forth left right like the body was riding on it's own water bed above the wheels like an out of control cradle, this would happen on the turn or curve and there were a lot of spooky curves! For sure that day could have easily been ShivaFan's last, because then I realized the brakes were bad, too! I started driving real slow but on Hwy 1 with one thin lane in each direction that was a formula for road rage from others!

I took me a long time heading back to Berkeley and it was already dark before I got to the bridge. And it was getting cold. The windows started to fog up. That is when I realized the heater didn't work and the fan would make a sound like it was broken and hardly any air or something.

I was in deep doo doo.

I thought I was going to have a panic attack on the bridge. This was the old Benicia Bridge - not sure if anyone knows what I am talking about, but it was bad. Sort of a fog-cloud was rollung over the surface of that old bridge.

I took the first Martinez exit on the other side. Then started to take back roads heading to Berkeley.

The friggin VW van did the shake thing coming out of the Caldecot as I was exiting to 13 to Ashby. I was praying like crazy but almost at Tranquility Base.

I made it to the Hindu friends house with a delivery! A harmonium from India bought from an Indian dealer of instruments who sold out of Marin. It was the day before Christmas.

And all through the house.

Not a creature was stirring.

Not even a mouse.

The guy wasn't home. So I went to a Panjabi guys place, and he tried out the harmonium. It was "fine".

Then we went back, and the other guy was finally home. We did our own version of a Beach Boys song and then I told the Hindu friend that he could have the VW Van back because I wasn't ready to die just yet. Then the "Hindu Jew" (some other guy) shows up in his "One Eyed Sixty-Five Chevy Malibu" which is what we called it and even had a song about it with that title because one of the headlights would never work. He drove me to his parents house off the Telegraph but with one lamp some other guy in a van almost went into us.

Car maintenance is important. Merry Christmas.