• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Do U Want 4 Christmas?

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
If you are exchanging presents, and are expecting one or two for yourself this Holiday (Christmas 2015), what would be YOUR Christmas List?

Meaning presents, toys, "stuff", food, tickets, money etc... please, no "I want Peace for the World" Christmas List. Nothing wrong in that, but this is pure "materialism" please!

Here is my list... in order of priority:

(1) I want a record player, i.e. turntable, to play LPs and 45's. One of those "box like" record players that look like mini suitcases. A gaudy pastel blue one, not black. So I can play records - yes they now sell vinyl again, in many book stores, brand new presses (re-release), I saw Sgt. Pepper's just the other day.

(2) A two shot Derringer pistol .22 Magnum, one of those tiny pocket types, would love a white handle. But I think a Derringer might be illegal in California since it is so easy to conceal, you could put it under your top hat it is so small. But my wife won't let me get one, however, since I "have plenty of guns already, waste of money". But they are so, well, "tiny"! But forget about it, my wife would throw a fit.

(3) A good microscope. To look at disgusting little itsy-bitsy things like germs or bugs.

MARCELLO

Transitioning from male to female
This christmas is special for me. For the first time in my life I will go to church,chant and dance (in africa they dance in churches )Wow, I am excited. For the consumerism,let me give you in details what I did . I ordered perfumes for my family on internet and a louis vuitton for my mom. and a manola blahnik for my dear brother.

Sure i will present lots of tuna fish, cartoons of milk and bags of rice ,sweets for my african friends in need.

MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!

illykitty

RF's pet cat
Honestly, there's nothing I want that they can get me (too expensive). If it was up to me, I would ask them to give that money to charity. My husband is the only one that understands, he did this for me last year and is still ongoing (WWF, Amur leopards). But that's not something people take for an answer so I had to come up with a few things that would be ok:

-Books, a mixture of fantasy, sci-fi and manga.
-Video games, there was a few in the past 2 or so years I haven't got and they looked good. I usually only get the stuff I *really* want.

That's it. I couldn't think of anything else.

If I could, I would ask for money, since I want to get some Japanese study books, the set is about £100. But most people in my husband's family don't like to give money as it's "impersonal". I disagree but, whatever.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
My biggest wish for Xmas.....That the tradition of giving of presents would disappear.
It's a really demanding social convention which I don't live up to.
I hate Xmas for this reason.
But if the must continue, gifts should be no more than tokens, eg, a candy bar.
Then it would be easy to please, with little risk.

To anyone expecting a gift from me...here you go!
th

And for @Wirey, who is watching his waistline...
th

Festivus rules!

Last edited:

Draka

Wonder Woman
My van fixed.
A nice diary.
New pair of high heeled boots.

I could go on quite a bit in the realm of the van. Things I need and are practical but I often get scolded for than kind of thought. Hubby gets aggravated when I ask for things for the house like skillets or step ladder and things. Says I don't think of nice things for myself. I think anything which makes my day easier is a nice thing for myself. :p

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
I had a Red Rider.

I never shot a bird, nor any animal, nor my eye.

But I did shoot a can. But I liked my bow and arrows, better. Never shot a bird with my arrows. No animal.

Actually, you made me think. I will add bow and arrows to my list. An English Long Bow. But my wife will say that is also a waste of money. I bet I get a record player, though!

Jumi

Bow and arrows might be fun, I would definitely have those if I had a place to practice.