• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do Rastafarians believe? I would like to learn more about it.

Sundance

Premium Member
Big ups to you, First Baseman! For the most part, InI as Rastaman believe in and venerate His Imperial Majesty Haile Salassie I and InI follow what He taught. Some of InI believe in HIM as Almighty Jah, others believe in HIM as the reincarnation of Jesus Christ, others as the Spirit of Jah, others see HIM as the Most Holy Servant of Jah, though not Jah Himself. The article by Wikipedia is accurate, though to truly overstand, you should ask InI. What InI believe depends on the Mansion. Any specific questions?

P.S. InI are not ‘Rastafarians’, but Rastaman or Ras

Last edited:

First Baseman

Retired athlete
Big ups to you, First Baseman! For the most part, InI as Rastaman believe in and venerate His Imperial Majesty Haile Salassie I and InI follow what He taught. Some of InI believe in HIM as Almighty Jah, others believe in HIM as the reincarnation of Jesus Christ, others as the Spirit of Jah, others see HIM as the Most Holy Servant of Jah, though not Jah Himself. The article by Wikipedia is accurate, though to truly overstand, you should ask InI. What InI believe depends on the Mansion. Any specific questions?

P.S. InI are not ‘Rastafarians’, but Rastaman or Ras

What is Inl?

Sundance

Premium Member
I, myself, believe in the entire Bible, but other Rastas don't believe in it all. Though, it has been corrupted by wicked men, seen?

First Baseman

Retired athlete
I, myself, believe in the entire Bible, but other Rastas don't believe in it all. Though, it has been corrupted by wicked men, seen?

The Catholic Church believes the Old Testament is not 100% accurate as they think it has been copied over and over incorrectly over time.

I believe in the entire Bible also. Do Rastas hold a particular text sacred?

Jonathan Ainsley Bain

Logical Positivist
The Kebra Nagast
is the Rastafari holy book, I read it online a number of years ago,
but cannot seem to find it for free now as I look again.
It is certainly worth reading.

It entails the communion between the Queen of Sheba and Solomon
but from her point of view, and the earliest copies have been
dated about 1000 years old. The narrative of course is about 3000 years old at least.

I have in the past considered myself Rastafari,
but felt that the Lord's spirit has turned me towards a more orthodox
interpretation of Christianity.

Rastafari is quite a wide variety of belief systems, perhaps
wider and more eclectic than most other religions.

First Baseman

Retired athlete
The Kebra Nagast
is the Rastafari holy book, I read it online a number of years ago,
but cannot seem to find it for free now as I look again.
It is certainly worth reading.

It entails the communion between the Queen of Sheba and Solomon
but from her point of view, and the earliest copies have been
dated about 1000 years old. The narrative of course is about 3000 years old at least.

I have in the past considered myself Rastafari,
but felt that the Lord's spirit has turned me towards a more orthodox
interpretation of Christianity.

Rastafari is quite a wide variety of belief systems, perhaps
wider and more eclectic than most other religions.

Thank you for your reply.

Sundance

Premium Member
The Catholic Church believes the Old Testament is not 100% accurate as they think it has been copied over and over incorrectly over time.

I believe in the entire Bible also. Do Rastas hold a particular text sacred?

The King James Version, being one of the oldest English translations of the Bible we have available.