• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do people in Sufism.Think of tulpas?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I was hoping to get out of body and THEN dive into tulpa matters.By praying to Jesus to take me out of body over and over.And shed some light on the whole matter later.:)
Sorry to disapoint you, but you need a trained teacher to guide you to OBE, The teacher will probably ask you, What is the purpose of you want OBE, And if you answer To get Jesus to take me out of the body, that would be the end of the session. Because you are the one who have to put down the work every single day to gain the wisdom needed to gain more spiritual wisdom. It comes down to your own effort Frank.

If you do not wish to lay down the foundation in your spiritual practice, you will be exactly where you are now.
There is no shortcuts in spiritual practice.

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
……..you are the one who have to put down the work every single day to gain the wisdom needed to gain more spiritual wisdom. It comes down to your own effort Frank.

If you do not wish to lay down the foundation in your spiritual practice, you will be exactly where you are now.
There is no shortcuts in spiritual practice.
You are not the first to offer this advice to @Frank Goad . You will probably not be the last.

To date he has been either unwilling or unable to take this advice to heart and then act on it.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
You are not the first to offer this advice to @Frank Goad . You will probably not be the last.

To date he has been either unwilling or unable to take this advice to heart and then act on it.
The problem with not taking advice is that a person could end up just going in a circle within their own limit of understanding of what spiritual practice is :) I have been there myself, so I know well that sometimes it is better to listen, than to be stubborn.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I was hoping to get out of body and THEN dive into tulpa matters.By praying to Jesus to take me out of body over and over.And shed some light on the whole matter later.:)
Can I ask @Frank Goad how much do you know about OBE and what it is?
Do you read about it or speak with someone about it?

Why do you think OBE would get you close to Jesus?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I want to go out of body through praying to Jesus over and over because of this:

1 Corinthians 5:1-5.

And this:

2 Corinthians 12:1-5.
In the first verse, you would not need to do OBE at all, because Jesus could be right next to you in spirit, speak and he would hear you, right?

Are you at a spiritual level high enough to understand what happens if you were to go out of your body?
What would it have as use for you if you saw heaven, then suddenly you were back in your body, and you have to live your life in the body. Would it not create a longing to see it again. a so strong wish to see it again that you would only think of it, and feel miserable in your daily life, all the way to the day you passing away.

Could you handle the craving to see more but be unable to do it?
I do not say this to scare you, but the reality here on earth is not the same as in heaven, you may not even understand anything if you were granted only a peek in to the heavenly realm.

Frank Goad

In the first verse, you would not need to do OBE at all, because Jesus could be right next to you in spirit, speak and he would hear you, right?

Are you at a spiritual level high enough to understand what happens if you were to go out of your body?
What would it have as use for you if you saw heaven, then suddenly you were back in your body, and you have to live your life in the body. Would it not create a longing to see it again. a so strong wish to see it again that you would only think of it, and feel miserable in your daily life, all the way to the day you passing away.

Could you handle the craving to see more but be unable to do it?
I do not say this to scare you, but the reality here on earth is not the same as in heaven, you may not even understand anything if you were granted only a peek in to the heavenly realm.

Good point.What would you do if you were in my shoes?:)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Good point.What would you do if you were in my shoes?:)
Honestly? stop seeking OBE, and practice the religion as it is taught to you, maybe find a person who knows the bible and what the different verse actually means.
Maybe the more mystical paths within Christianity is not where you would benefit mostly right now, because it would be studying every day a lot of soul searching to find and undo those parts that hinder you to gain deeper wisdom.