• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do people in Judaism.Believe about lucid dreams.And out of body experiences?

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
I've never heard/read anything about either of those in a Jewish context.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
@Frank Goad,

AFIAK, as with JWs, this isn't a practice of Judaism.

You post quite frequently about lucid dreaming and astral projection.

Do you dream lucidly and astral project? Are you looking for a religion that embraces these practices? If so, are you stuck on Abrahamic religions?

Frank Goad

@Frank Goad,

AFIAK, as with JWs, this isn't a practice of Judaism.

You post quite frequently about lucid dreaming and astral projection.

Do you dream lucidly and astral project? Are you looking for a religion that embraces these practices? If so, are you stuck on Abrahamic religions?

I have been praying for awhile to get a lucid dream.Or an out of body experience from God.Nothing yet.:(

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
I read here people in Judaism.Do like lucid dreaming.:): Lucid Dreaming « Ask! « Ohr Somayach
This is from your source. Honest respectful question, Does this sound like either astral projection or lucid dreaming to you? It doesn't to me, but you may know better.

The Jewish mystical techniques and experiences, however, employ invoking Divine Names and the names of angels to transport the holy and righteous seeker upon a journey into the supernal realms that he himself directs. This results in a real spiritual experience that can reveal hidden mystical truths, as well as information regarding the past, present and future.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I have been praying for awhile to get a lucid dream.Or an out of body experience from God.Nothing yet.:(
I know you wish to get closer to God, but do you truly study the teachings? Are you practicicing according to the teaching or are you only seeking astral travel OBE to get closer to God?

Maybe the chance has to happen from within you? And not Giving it to you for free. Spiritual practice is a struggle to find the true being from within, isn't it? :)