• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do people care about?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Wow. You're assuming and not reading what I'm saying. Take a breather.

I get what you're saying.

Here is what I said:

If I involved myself in every person who is dying of an illness, I will go insane (literally).

I do not want to go into a panic and there is only but so much I can do, so I stay indifferent (Caring to me is not offering an opinion, it's actually Doing something to help these people).

I don't have the same attitude you have. Actually, that's my healing process from upbringing-not to have this reaction. It gets me sick physically and mentally. So, no. I don't feed off of you guys attitude over this. Doesn't mean I do not care; It just means I care for my health too. Fear is a killer by itself.

Accusing me of not caring is totally mixing up what I'm saying and using me as a pin cushion for your feelings. That. I don't care for.

Still stirring. And fyi, this is why i put you on ignore.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Still stirring. And fyi, this is why i put you on ignore.

I know you're upset.

I know you don't believe that I care about people. That's your thing. You don't know me in person. Just don't take your feelings out on me.

Also, you don't need to tell people you ignore them. I have no issues with you, so do what you will. That doesn't invalidate that you have me misread.

ChristineM

Premium Member
I know you're upset.

I know you don't believe that I care about people. That's your thing. You don't know me in person. Just don't take your feelings out on me.

Also, you don't need to tell people you ignore them. I have no issues with you, so do what you will. That doesn't invalidate that you have me misread.

Well now we know where ive been going wrong all these years. Here was me thinking i was thinking for myself when all the time i should have had @Unveiled Artist thinking for me.

I tell people because i want them to know they have earned it. You may not like it but contrary to your opinion, i think for myself

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Huh?

Well now we know where ive been going wrong all these years. Here was me thinking i was thinking for myself when all the time i should have had @Unveiled Artist thinking for me.

Who said you were wrong?

Don't know where you got that from. Just don't like you placing your feelings of others on me. Not sure any other way to put it.

I tell people because i want them to know they have earned it. You may not like it but contrary to your opinion, i think for myself

Tell people what?

What don't I like?

Of course you can think for yourself. This is a switch.

You are fine. Feelings are fine.

Just don't use me as a pin cushion. If you want to know if your assumptions about me are true, ask. It's better to talk about the facts than make assumptions-especially of opinions that I never said had anything to do with you personally (my words).

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
No one feels accomplished with just "surviving the day" in these times - when I am sure there were times past where that was literally an accomplishment to feel good about.
Given my life situation I often feel good if I just survive a day, and this has nothing to do with having my basic needs met because I have much more than I need.
If the procurement of your basic needs for survival doesn't produce (at the very least) contentment... then what ever could?
I believe it should be enough but in American society it rarely is. If it was people would not be complaining because they cannot freely engage in all their usual social and recreational activities owing to the pandemic restrictions.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I think most people run into this, even if they have a small place. I have that and even I get annoyed, so I try to just throw out things on a regular basis, if I haven't used them in a month or two and have no immediate personal value to me, then its history :D
I am not good at throwing things away till they are broken. I had to throw away a broken coffee pot and two broken bird feeders that the raccoons knocked down this week. I put them in the trash can after my husband took it down the long gravel road to the street and my husband will never know the difference. :D
And I don't want or buy things I don't really need, just for having them.
I never do that anymore, only the bare necessities.
I think that is another good reason for why I wouldn't want all these things that one would think you want if you had a lot of money, like several houses, boats, cars etc.
I do not really want them either, but if I had trouble parting with bird feeders and a coffee pot just imagine how hard it would be to sell three houses. The two old cars we'll keep until they die or we die, whichever comes first. :rolleyes:
You still have to take care of them, and obviously you can hire people to do it, but then you need to spend time on that and I think most know that it can be quite time consuming and then something goes wrong, or it weren't done they way you agreed etc. It just doesn't seem to be worth it, taken into account that you can only be one place at the time. :)
No, I do not like spending time on finding people to do work although i am quite good at it given all the people I have had to hire to work on the rental houses... I call it the rental house nightmare and although one house is squared away for now after years of heartache the other rental house has not been worked on for years, but the tenant is so far behind on the rent so I am not obligated to fix anything. Still, I worry what he is doing over there because I have not been there in years, as it is a distance away, our vacation house on the ocean.

All I can say is that there had better be a God because I will never get out of this mess alone. :eek: :(
Animal rescue is good, but I would probably give a lot of money to health stuff, as that seem to benefit a lot of people with cures etc. You could always open an animal sanctuary, probably a lot of animals in need of help :)
Well, I generally love animals more than people....

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Okay... What's up now?
Check the mirror

Sarcasm isn't needed. Doesn't bring out your good character.

Which is a contradiction here... if I'm sweet and all of that, why the hostility?

You think? If you make a controversial statement on a public thread do you expect less

You're attacking me for my opinion not the opinion itself.

You're also assuming I don't care about people because I'm skeptical about media information on opinions Not Facts on COVID.

I can list a lot of things that you accused me of. That's different than just disagreeing with my opinion and challenging "that."

If you want a respectful and mature conversation, I'm all for it. But if you need to accuse "me" of things that is not true, that's not something I'm up for.

I would never thought it appropriate anywhere online, here, and otherwise to accuse anyone of anything but just challenge their opinions.

I don't have issues with you as a person. Just cut it with the accusations, insults, and sarcasm (sorry, won't go through the whole thing. I think you know what I mean) and we're (I hope?) good to go, or part, or whatever. Take a breather. Think what you want of me... but let it go. It's not worth the trouble.

Last edited:

ChristineM

Premium Member
Sarcasm isn't needed. Doesn't bring out your good character.

Which is a contradiction here... if I'm sweet and all of that, why the hostility?

That is not sarcasm, that is truth, you continue to insist you know my mind better than i do. News, you don't

You're attacking me for my opinion not the opinion itself.

I am attacking your post, sure you wrote it, that doesn't mean i am attacking you but it does mean you are taking disagreement personally. Not my problem.

This conversation was finished about mid evening paris time (yesterday). You continue to push and push trying to make me agree that you can read my mindstate. No more...

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Christine, you're getting yourself concerned over your own opinions about me not the facts.

That is not sarcasm, that is truth, you continue to insist you know my mind better than i do. News, you don't

Sarcasm has it's place. This is sarcasm. I can't think of another like word for it but it's not a kind tone and definitely not reflective or introspective.

I am attacking your post, sure you wrote it, that doesn't mean i am attacking you but it does mean you are taking disagreement personally. Not my problem.

You're attacking me (promoting murder-I'm still on that) not my post. I know you disagree with being indifferent about COVID. I told you why. You still disagree. Nothing much I can say on that since your view of indifference means not caring)

Is this how you usually talk to people? Since I'm not near you, it sounds very accusative (many examples of it)

This conversation was finished about mid evening paris time (yesterday). You continue to push and push trying to make me agree that you can read my mindstate. No more...

When did I want you to agree with me????

Why. Would I want you to agree with me?

Please. Please. Answer this cause it sounds like you're fussing with something that's totally not true.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Christine, you're getting yourself concerned over your own opinions about me not the facts.

Sarcasm has it's place. This is sarcasm. I can't think of another like word for it but it's not a kind tone and definitely not reflective or introspective.

You're attacking me (promoting murder-I'm still on that) not my post. I know you disagree with being indifferent about COVID. I told you why. You still disagree. Nothing much I can say on that since your view of indifference means not caring)

Is this how you usually talk to people? Since I'm not near you, it sounds very accusative (many examples of it)

When did I want you to agree with me????

Why. Would I want you to agree with me?

Please. Please. Answer this cause it sounds like you're fussing with something that's totally not true.

I am sure you can read

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I am sure you can read

Yes. That's why I'm asking you this question.

How have I tried to change your opinion or have you agree with me?

I'm not distraught over it or anything (actually about to head out in an hour). But I am curious. I don't remember any time being on RF that I tried to make people agree with me. Most of the time we (those other people) talk it out and realize one of us talked pass each other. Most others just silently ignore me or drop the conversation short, but none so far I remember (except for religious conversations it seems) tend to be mean or sarcastic about it.

So, I'm curious. Why would I want you to agree with me?

You have much more pressing experiences with people with COVID than I have; and many people have died from it-so of course they and their families would be high strung with anyone who doesn't share their empathy and emotions. That. I understand. But accusations, I do not.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Is this what people live for?
Yes, Trailblazer, people live for that, and not for promoting a religion which has no evidence for its God / Allah or his messenger (manifestation :)).
(Of course, unless they are being paid for it. Then, it is their profession, more posts more money - 9 to 5 every day).

ChristineM

Premium Member
Yes. That's why I'm asking you this question.

How have I tried to change your opinion or have you agree with me?

I'm not distraught over it or anything (actually about to head out in an hour). But I am curious. I don't remember any time being on RF that I tried to make people agree with me. Most of the time we (those other people) talk it out and realize one of us talked pass each other. Most others just silently ignore me or drop the conversation short, but none so far I remember (except for religious conversations it seems) tend to be mean or sarcastic about it.

So, I'm curious. Why would I want you to agree with me?

You have much more pressing experiences with people with COVID than I have; and many people have died from it-so of course they and their families would be high strung with anyone who doesn't share their empathy and emotions. That. I understand. But accusations, I do not.

Yawn, why then do you repeatedly tell me my mind state when i have repeatedly told you that you are talking rubbish?

Edit, don't answer, it's not worth it

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Of course a real emergency would be political when the president of the US makes it political

I wouldn't be surprised if you are talking crap about fear killing of coronavirus. Yes there can be mitigating factors but chances are those deaths woukd not have occurred yet without the virus, but possibly 5 or 10 years in the furure

And i now remember why i put you on ignore to a couple of months.

Had to back track. Just because.

This started the argument you're having with me. Weirdly enough.

Fear does kill people. Fear triggered by coronavirus hype may kill its victims faster than the pandemic

Minus the "click-bate" headline,
fear does contribute a lot especially weakening the immune system where coronaviruses et cetera can take advantage.

There's a lot of factors involved with deaths of people who have COVID just as any other illness. These are just facts, though. It has nothing to do with people's emotional involvement with loved ones et cetera who have or have died of COVID.

If the subject bothers you, it's best not to talk about it. Question your assumptions to make sure they are accurate, or leave it be so you won't make yourself physically sick as well.

While not everyone is afraid of COVID, it still bothers people none the less you-me-every person in the world quite literally.

We just have different means we react to this fear and difference in lifestyle.

Whether you read this or not is your thing. If you do, try to read it without the bias. Assumptions need to be fact check so. Works out better for both parties.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Had to back track. Just because.

This started the argument you're having with me. Weirdly enough.

Fear does kill people. Fear triggered by coronavirus hype may kill its victims faster than the pandemic

Minus the "click-bate" headline,
fear does contribute a lot especially weakening the immune system where coronaviruses et cetera can take advantage.

There's a lot of factors involved with deaths of people who have COVID just as any other illness. These are just facts, though. It has nothing to do with people's emotional involvement with loved ones et cetera who have or have died of COVID.

If the subject bothers you, it's best not to talk about it. Question your assumptions to make sure they are accurate, or leave it be so you won't make yourself physically sick as well.

While not everyone is afraid of COVID, it still bothers people none the less you-me-every person in the world quite literally.

We just have different means we react to this fear and difference in lifestyle.

Whether you read this or not is your thing. If you do, try to read it without the bias. Assumptions need to be fact check so. Works out better for both parties.

Actually this is what started the "discussion"

A "real" emergency would not be political. People would KNOW and experience a real threat (say a bomb coming).