• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do Jehovah's Witnesses think of...

Frank Goad

2 Kings 2:11 and Ecclesiastes 3:20?:) I think it means horses spirits go to heaven.:)And so do human's.Because how could the horses pick up Elijah if they weren't physical?:)Also if this was just a vision.How could Elijah be carried off?I don't think Elijah went to heaven that day because of 2 Chronicles 21:12-15.But died and went to heaven later in spirit form.

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
2 Kings 2:11 and Ecclesiastes 3:20?:) I think it means horses spirits go to heaven.:)And so do human's.Because how could the horses pick up Elijah if they weren't physical?:)Also if this was just a vision.How could Elijah be carried off?
Jehovah God's heavenly war forces are simply represented by the chariot/horses at 2 Kings 2:11-14.
Elijah did Not ascend to Heaven, but to the mid-heavens (where birds fly) for Elijah was still alive on Earth as found later at 2 Chronicles 21:12. So, Elijah was just transferred from one spot to another place on Earth.
Since Elijah was still alive he was Not yet dead - Ecclesiastes 3:20 - Not yet in the dust of the ground - Genesis 3:19
- WWW.JW.ORG

Frank Goad

Jehovah God's heavenly war forces are simply represented by the chariot/horses at 2 Kings 2:11-14.
Elijah did Not ascend to Heaven, but to the mid-heavens (where birds fly) for Elijah was still alive on Earth as found later at 2 Chronicles 21:12. So, Elijah was just transferred from one spot to another place on Earth.
Since Elijah was still alive he was Not yet dead - Ecclesiastes 3:20 - Not yet in the dust of the ground - Genesis 3:19
- WWW.JW.ORG

So the horses are not literal horses at 2 Kings 2:11-14?:confused:

Bree

2 Kings 2:11 and Ecclesiastes 3:20?:) I think it means horses spirits go to heaven.:)And so do human's.Because how could the horses pick up Elijah if they weren't physical?:)Also if this was just a vision.How could Elijah be carried off?I don't think Elijah went to heaven that day because of 2 Chronicles 21:12-15.But died and went to heaven later in spirit form.

we dont think animals have spirits that live on after death. We dont think humans have spirits that live on after death.
The spirit is the life force we enjoy while we are alive.
When we are dead we return to the dust for "from dust you are and to dust you shall return' just as God told Adam.

In this case, he was 'carried off' physically and later in the bible he is shown to be in another location. So he was miraculously transferred from one location to another.

Frank Goad

we dont think animals have spirits that live on after death. We dont think humans have spirits that live on after death.
The spirit is the life force we enjoy while we are alive.
When we are dead we return to the dust for "from dust you are and to dust you shall return' just as God told Adam.

In this case, he was 'carried off' physically and later in the bible he is shown to be in another location. So he was miraculously transferred from one location to another.

So the horses were a vision?:confused: