• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do Jehovah's Witness think of Revelation 21:1-2 and Revelation 22:14-15?

Jeremiah Ames

Glad to hear that God revealed himself to you.:)

i am considering making a thread about those last two chapters in Revelation.

keep an eye out in case I go through with it.

by the way I read revelation about 5 years ago, and got nothing, zero.

i read it again about two years ago and it was not the same thing.

Revelation is quite a story.

Frank Goad

i am considering making a thread about those last two chapters in Revelation.

keep an eye out in case I go through with it.

by the way I read revelation about 5 years ago, and got nothing, zero.

i read it again about two years ago and it was not the same thing.

Revelation is quite a story.

I have always thought the book of revelation was cool too.:)

Bree

What do Jehovah's Witness think of Revelation 21:1-2.Also what do Jehovah's Witness think of Revelation 22:14-15?

.When all the world is governed by the heavenly kingdom, and all human rulership is eradicated, and al humans alive are those who submit to that heavenly kingdom, we will live in peace and harmony in a world that can heal

Franklal

Hello! I'm at work surfing around your blog from my new iphone 3gs! Just wanted to say I love reading through your blog and look forward to all your posts! Carry on the outstanding work!

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
My belief is that the terms, newJerusalem, new heaven and earth and new song is referring to a new Revelation from God. A new Prophet with a new religion and Holy Book.

Bree

My belief is that the terms, newJerusalem, new heaven and earth and new song is referring to a new Revelation from God. A new Prophet with a new religion and Holy Book.

I think this is an impossibllity. There will never come another prophet or new religion for a few reasons.

1. Jesus Christ has been given authority over all the earth and he will us that authority to bring about an end to all religion. We read about this in the book of Revelation.

2. God has established Jesus Christ as the one thru whom salvation comes. No other person can bring you to salvation because God redeems mankind through the work of his Son Jesus Christ alone. Only thru Jesus will you be saved. Acts 4:12 Furthermore, there is no salvation in anyone else, for there is no other name+ under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved.”+

The reason for this is that God has accepted the sacrifice the Christ gave of himself and it is through that sacrifice that God welcomes sinners and forgives their sins so that they may live. No other person can offer you this sort of salvation because every other person on this earth is a sinner who is destined to die. They cannot even save themselves so how can they save you?

3. For you to come to know and have a relationship with God so that he recognizes you as one of his own, you need Jesus. John 1:12 However, to all who did receive him, he gave authority to become God’s children,+ because they were exercising faith in his name

If you put your faith in anyone other then Jesus, you will hit a brick wall. And this is not to say that we cannot respect and admire those good men and women who have worked to try and lead people into the righteousness of God.....but they are not Gods appointed representative with authority to forgive sins and save mankind from death. They have all died themselves so they are not the ones we should be looking to for our salvation.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
I think this is an impossibllity. There will never come another prophet or new religion for a few reasons.

1. Jesus Christ has been given authority over all the earth and he will us that authority to bring about an end to all religion. We read about this in the book of Revelation.

2. God has established Jesus Christ as the one thru whom salvation comes. No other person can bring you to salvation because God redeems mankind through the work of his Son Jesus Christ alone. Only thru Jesus will you be saved. Acts 4:12 Furthermore, there is no salvation in anyone else, for there is no other name+ under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved.”+

The reason for this is that God has accepted the sacrifice the Christ gave of himself and it is through that sacrifice that God welcomes sinners and forgives their sins so that they may live. No other person can offer you this sort of salvation because every other person on this earth is a sinner who is destined to die. They cannot even save themselves so how can they save you?

3. For you to come to know and have a relationship with God so that he recognizes you as one of his own, you need Jesus. John 1:12 However, to all who did receive him, he gave authority to become God’s children,+ because they were exercising faith in his name

If you put your faith in anyone other then Jesus, you will hit a brick wall. And this is not to say that we cannot respect and admire those good men and women who have worked to try and lead people into the righteousness of God.....but they are not Gods appointed representative with authority to forgive sins and save mankind from death. They have all died themselves so they are not the ones we should be looking to for our salvation.

That’s just one of many interpretations. Daniel was told not to interpret which you are doing and many other Christians are doing. Only the Lion of the Tribe of Judah has the authority to unseal the meanings of the Book. He is the only one authorised.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
My belief is that the terms, new Jerusalem, new heaven and earth and new song is referring to a new Revelation from God. A new Prophet with a new religion and Holy Book.

I can agree about referring to a new Revelation from God, but in the form of new scrolls (books) being opened.
Revelation 20:12 makes reference to the ' scroll of life ' or ' book of life '.
So, it's Not a new planet ( Ecclesiastes 1:4 B) but a new righteous society on Earth.
Jesus will have earthly subjects or citizens from sea to sea - Psalms 72:8; Psalms 72:12-14

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
That’s just one of many interpretations. Daniel was told not to interpret which you are doing and many other Christians are doing. Only the Lion of the Tribe of Judah has the authority to unseal the meanings of the Book. He is the only one authorised.
Yes, in Daniel's day the words were sealed - Daniel 12:4 A- but notice sealed until the 'time of end' - Daniel 12:4 B, Daniel 12:9.
The 'time of the end'(coming end of all badness on Earth). Our day or time frame - 2 Timothy 3:1-5,13.
The 'time of the end' or the soon coming 'time of separation' on Earth as found at Matthew 25:31-33,37.

try thinking about revelations 20 and 21 as two different spirits that go two different places [chapter 21 and 22] the name "lord jesus" has no faith [christ] and returns again to new earth to be good next as chapter 21 is continue from verse 20 while the lord jesus christ at verse 21 goes to chapter 22 as eternal life.

2ndpillar

The message of Daniel is only sealed until the "end time", "end of the age" (Daniel 12:9-12). This happens after the finishing of the shattering of the "holy people", (Daniel 12:7), which would refer to the Jews, who now are no longer shattered, and are like the sword over the descendants of Ishmael, Edom, and the Persians (Iran). According to Yeshua, everything hidden will be revealed, and except per Daniel 12:10, the "wicked" will not "understand". If one is lawless (Mt 13:41 & 49), and among the wicked, of course they remain in the dark, and are only waiting for the "angels" to come and gather them out "first", to be thrown into the "furnace of fire" (Har-Magedon) (Mt 13:30 & 49-50).

2ndpillar

.When all the world is governed by the heavenly kingdom, and all human rulership is eradicated, and al humans alive are those who submit to that heavenly kingdom, we will live in peace and harmony in a world that can heal

The "nations" will remain under their own rulership/kings, and will only have to come to Jerusalem once a year to bow down to the king (Zechariah 14:16 & Revelation 19:15). The "nations"/Gentiles will be ruled with a "rod of iron".
On the other hand, a 1000 years later, there will be no surviving "nations", and there will be no death, nor anyone outside of gates.