• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do Jehovah's Witness think of Revelation 21:1-2 and Revelation 22:14-15?

Frank Goad

What do Jehovah's Witness think of Revelation 21:1-2.Also what do Jehovah's Witness think of Revelation 22:14-15?

Last edited:

Neuropteron

What do Jehovah's Witness think of Revelation 21:1-2.Also what do Jehovah's Witness think of Revelation 22:14-15?
Hi Frank,

New heaven: New government, God's Kingdom
New earth: New society on earth,
New Jerusalem: The heavenly city
Tree of life :Eternal life
for without are...:second death,(Gehenna)

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Frank...what do you care about what we think? You never take any notice of what we say anyway. You have been asking the same questions for years. You never seem to be able to come to any solid conclusions.

Revelation 22:14-15 is not there for nothing.....
"Happy are those who wash their robes, so that they may have authority to go to the trees of life and that they may gain entrance into the city through its gates. 15 Outside are the dogs and those who practice spiritism and those who are sexually immoral and the murderers and the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices lying.’"

If you want what God is offering, you have to leave your baggage behind.....all that stuff is "outside" with the "dogs" (an unclean animals in God's Law)

If you are still posting about astral travel and OBE's, what are you seeking? Unless you put away the occult and all spiritistic things, the God of the Bible will never give you what you are looking for. You have to show him that you are genuine in your search for true knowledge, and abandon these things altogether.....otherwise you are just fishing for stuff that agrees with what you want to believe....God will never agree with what he has already told us to avoid.
Can you understand that?

Are you prepared to bite the bullet and get real about these things?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I think that because it mentions the new jerusalem in Revelation in Revelation 21:1-2.And then the gates of a city.in Revelation 22:14-15.I think the new jerusalem is locked down.And everyone not in the new jerusalem are in the lake of fire.:)
I am not a Christian but may it bethat the jerusalem that it speak about here is YOU. the believer and if your faith in God is not there, you are one of the outside of Jerusalem and will be condemed?

@Deeje you might know what i thinking here? or is my thought wrong?

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
I think that because it mentions the new jerusalem in Revelation in Revelation 21:1-2.And then the gates of a city.in Revelation 22:14-15.I think the new jerusalem is locked down.And everyone not in the new jerusalem are in the lake of fire.:)
"New Jerusalem" replaces 'old Jerusalem' which was situated on Mount Zion in the literal city.
But Paul said....."But you have approached a Mount Zion and a city of the living God, heavenly Jerusalem, and myriads of angels." (Hebrews 12:22)

Revelation 21:1-2....
"And I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the former heaven and the former earth had passed away, and the sea is no more. 2 I also saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God and prepared as a bride adorned for her husband."
Here the "New Jerusalem" is seen bringing its rulership to the earth. This is God's Kingdom. Original Mount Zion was the site of the Temple representing God's presence among his people. Now we have a "New Jerusalem" with its spiritual temple in heaven. The old system was a type or shadow of the heavenly arrangement.

The New Jerusalem has a heavenly king and a heavenly priesthood but they will rule over earthly subjects.

Revelation 21:3-4 shows us what the result of that rulership will be....
"With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his people. And God himself will be with them. 4 And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”

This is the purpose of the Kingdom, to take redeemed mankind back to God's first purpose in Eden....to restore our relationship with God and to regain everlasting life and the paradise that we lost.

Only those who can obey God will be allowed in......which is why I keep telling you to put away your spiritistic obsessions...otherwise you will be left outside and there will be no life at all out there....just like the people on the ark in Noah's day....all those 'outside' perished because they didn't take notice of what Noah was trying to tell them. Do you see?

Jeremiah Ames

I think that because it mentions the new jerusalem in Revelation in Revelation 21:1-2.And then the gates of a city.in Revelation 22:14-15.I think the new jerusalem is locked down.And everyone not in the new jerusalem are in the lake of fire.

thank you Frank
it is wonderful to see people seeking truth, as you are

i would like to propose another way to look at these verses if you are open to it?

Jeremiah Ames

My type of occultism.Is praying to God over and over for a out of body experience or lucid dream.:)

i see.

don’t understand why that is occultism though
those things would probably be welcome by anyone

but are you a practicing Christian?

also, I love the Bible

do you love the Bible?

Frank Goad

i see.

also, I love the Bible

do you love the Bible?

Besides the prayers for an out of body experience or lucid dream.No.:) I love the bible too.

Frank Goad

i see.

also, I love the Bible

do you love the Bible?

Have you ever prayed for an out of body experience or lucid dream to God.And got it?:)

Jeremiah Ames

Have you ever prayed for an out of body experience or lucid dream to God.And got it?:)

well, i have desired those things, but never actually prayed for them

I suppose I would need to ask through prayer, but have probably concluded that if it is to be, God will provide

i will have to give it more thought

I have had lucid dreams, and those are the most fantastical ones, but I never tried to analyze them

my wife and I tried at times to analyze dreams, but then it became apparent that we were trying to make the dreams conform to our desires

Frank Goad

well, i have desired those things, but never actually prayed for them

I suppose I would need to ask through prayer, but have probably concluded that if it is to be, God will provide

i will have to give it more thought

I have had lucid dreams, and those are the most fantastical ones, but I never tried to analyze them

my wife and I tried at times to analyze dreams, but then it became apparent that we were trying to make the dreams conform to our desires

I like praying to God too!:)

Jeremiah Ames

I like praying to God too!:)

i had a difficult time making sense of the Bible for many many years.

i heard people talking about stuff and I would try to figure things out, and I would find contradicting verses, and lots of verses that made no sense, and lots of verses that were not believable, and then it all changed

not instantly mind you

it’s a process

looking back, the best way to describe it is that I didn’t know God
I knew religions and religious people and was trying to get answers there

when I decided to really KNOW god, God made ‘Himself’ known, and the Bible changed dramatically for me

Frank Goad

i had a difficult time making sense of the Bible for many many years.

i heard people talking about stuff and I would try to figure things out, and I would find contradicting verses, and lots of verses that made no sense, and lots of verses that were not believable, and then it all changed

not instantly mind you

it’s a process

looking back, the best way to describe it is that I didn’t know God
I knew religions and religious people and was trying to get answers there

when I decided to really KNOW god, God made ‘Himself’ known, and the Bible changed dramatically for me

Glad to hear that God revealed himself to you.:)