• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do creationalist believe?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I put this in theological concepts cause I can't debate it...I'm not sure what it means to do so. The bible mentions creation of the world but doesn't quite mention how.

So, what do creationalist believe?

If you're not a creationalist and can give former insight as one, Id like that better than talking against it.

(Yes I can look online but each person has their own view whether they believe it 100% literal, figuratively, in between... and dialogue with a human being is awesome).

Adults. Stay civil.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
In the US, the term 'creationist' usually refers to those who take their scriptures literally and believe in a universe less than 10,000 years old. These are also known as Young Earth Creationists.

King Phenomenon

It’s difficult for me to believe all of existence having always been around so therefore I believe in a destruction/creation event. I think the end of all that is leads to the beginning of all that is and is an awesome event that gives possibility to anything. ie. The creation of our solar system etc. Accepting the creation of our world was done in an instant was easier to swallow, after I accepted the destruction/creation of infinity as ranking #1 on the list of things destroyed/created. Also, it is difficult for me to believe that said event would just consist of an empty void without a few goodies, like our solar system; etc. To me that stands as a weak and unimaginative event and unworthy of what is capable of being created, simultaneously, alongside the most daunting creations in life, known as infinity. So, in a nutshell, I believe in a destruction/creation event that emanates 100% creativity. All of this was concluded through reflections on existential matters.

Last edited:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I did. He was sure that God created the universe literally as the Bible says then changed the laws of the universe to appear as if evolution was true as a test for believers

Moved it not to derail the thread. Did he describe what his god was that did that?

pearl

The Bible does not answer 'how' and science does not answer 'why'. So there really is no conflict with faith and science, each have their distinctive roles.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Similar to sola scriptura? Synonymous?
No. Sola scriptura ("the Bible alone") is about rejecting Holy Tradition as an authoritative source of doctrine.

If you're thinking of biblical inerrancy, there are some Christians who believe that the Bible is inerrantly true but also believe in an old Earth. Usually, this is with "day-age" Creationism: the idea that the 6 days of creation in Genesis weren't 24-hour days, but were "ages" of indeterminate length... possibily millions or billions of years. These people often accept some version of evolution.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
No. Sola scriptura ("the Bible alone") is about rejecting Holy Tradition as an authoritative source of doctrine.

If you're thinking of biblical inerrancy, there are some Christians who believe that the Bible is inerrantly true but also believe in an old Earth. Usually, this is with "day-age" Creationism: the idea that the 6 days of creation in Genesis weren't 24-hour days, but were "ages" of indeterminate length... possibily millions or billions of years. These people often accept some version of evolution.

I was thinking "scripture only".. literalism. Though I can see the extra attachment to it.