• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Did You Do Today?

RestlessSoul

This morning I looked at the 14 day forecast, and the lowest low was +2 C, which is great. But I don't trust it. Too close for comfort. I've seen frost here in June, but with global warming, our normal frost free season is getting longer. I plant some frost tolerant stuff outside the first week of May, but not everything.

Yeah, climate change is making life difficult for gardners. In the U.K. we can go from icy winds to blistering heat overnight at this time of year - then back to cold again. There doesn’t seem to be the same seamless transition between seasons anymore.

The ground in our allotment was waterlogged all through March and early April, then when we put the spuds in last week it was like concrete after a few days sun.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Yeah, climate change is making life difficult for gardners. In the U.K. we can go from icy winds to blistering heat overnight at this time of year - then back to cold again. There doesn’t seem to be the same seamless transition between seasons anymore.

The ground in our allotment was waterlogged all through March and early April, then when we put the spuds in last week it was like concrete after a few days sun.

We've always had that factor here. The record high and low for any given day is usually around 30 degrees difference, often more. +20 C today.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Nothing much. Trying to bolster the courage of my wife who was given some unnecessary anti-biotics and developed intestinal hemorrhage. She has gone for an X-ray at the moment. Hope she recovers soon. Not a happy situation. Corona gave us a fright (three persons out of six reporting +ve, if we go by the tests, but no symptoms).

Sorry to hear your wife isn't well. I hope this resolves quickly.

Thats not what girls sell on street corners here... Its usually walnut cake

Its a girl scout thing here... I remember selling those cookies door to door as a kid. I don't think they do that as much now. We're all scared of each other here.

Awesome flower for daily puja. Bright colours, and prolific bloomers. They only last about 8 hours though, so you pick fresh every day.

We have a pink pot of floors in our meditation room that I have no idea what they are, but we use for pujas. Thought the pot would keep growing all winter, being as it is indoors, but sadly, it did not. We've been trimming orchids all winter(other indoor plants in another room that did keep growing) for pujas. Or buying from Flowerama.

@Gargovic Malkav , my cat just threw up, too. He really enjoys vegetables, but they don't enjoy him.

I'm about half an hour into my day... so far, just the morning routine. At least I made it without the kids getting up!

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Apart from the health scares we have the world's biggest cricket league going on (no spectators in the stadiums), valued at more than USD 6 billion with Indian and foreign players (excluding Pakistan). Then we have a hugely successful soap opera on, 'Imlie' (personal name, otherwise Tamarind), with a dark-skinned heroine. The hero has married two women and they are unaware that they are step-sisters, one a city-bred, the other a village-bred (polygamy is a crime in India, except for Muslims, till now, though Hinduiswm does not prohibit it).

tvqh7wuyn9k1pcg1_1617948036.jpeg

I was able to load a Gentoo-based distribution, Calculate linux, on my computer, just to play with. I am a minimalist and a distro-hopper.

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Its a girl scout thing here... I remember selling those cookies door to door as a kid. I don't think they do that as much now. We're all scared of each other here.

Here it's usually schools that organise cake drives, usually to fund extras on school trips. They don't do door but set up a stall at the local market

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Woke up, drank coffee, came to work, paid some bills, sold a ukulele.

Why'd you sell your ukulele?

Here it's usually schools that organise cake drives, usually to fund extras on school trips. They don't do door but set up a stall at the local market

The schools here use these totally ridiculous fund raiser companies to try to earn money for extra stuff... a cake drive would make so much more sense.

Today I woke up.

How do you feel about that?

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Fetched water, chopped wood and bought a ukulele.

Did you buy @David1967 's ukulele?

Ares is putting me through the wringer today! We're being an escape artist(running out the door without authorization), and we're also having meltdowns over removed keys.

Why were they removed? Because he wouldn't stay out of the vehicles, and it makes me uncomfortable that he knows how to start them. Fortunately, he can't reach the pedals. But, any spare keys have now been hidden. They've all been stored behind the Encyclopedia of Secret Signs and Symbols. A big book can come in handy.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Fixed my bicycle seat.
Found my spare toothbrush.
Called my brother to wish him a happy birthday tomorrow.
Found out his cat died. RIP Peanuts. :oops:

Figured out how to upgrade the keyboard on my phone.
Sat on a log writing this post trying to figure out what to do with the rest of my day.