• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What did we think was on the moon before we found out?

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
i'm interested in historical ideas of what was on the moon and how those ideas changed over time.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Green cheese.

The man in the moon

It's where the dead lived

Artemis and Luna either lived there or actually were the moon

And what about poor Cruithne?

wellwisher

The sun and moon symbolize the conscious and subconscious minds, respectively. The sun is brighter; is more conscious, while the moon is dimmer. Both provides light, with the moon giving light at night for us to see within the darkness of the subconscious; dreams and visions.

The sun was considered male and the moon was considered female. This was connected to male and female fertility cycles, Males can make sperm each day, while females have a monthly moon cycle for fertility.

When the early earth and moon were forming, the earth had surface water which allows heat to be conducted away from the molten surface by the water. It then rained down to cool the molten surface of the earth.

The moon did not have as much in the way of water, so its surface glowed hot, longer than the earth. The result was before the sun was the main external heat source of the earth, the much closer moon was its major external heat source. The unconscious mind; moon, came before the conscious mind; sun. The Matriarchies and Mother Nature appear before the Patriarchies and Conscious Mind.