• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What did Obama do?

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Got this from another forum:

rescued the country from the Great Recession, cutting the unemployment rate from 10% to 4.7% over six years,Signed the Affordable Care Act which provided health insurance to over 20 million uninsured Americans,Ended the war in Iraq,Ordered for the capture and killing of Osama Bin Laden,Passed the $787 billion America Recovery and Reinvestment Act to spur economic growth during the Great Recession,Supported the LGBT community’s fight for marriage equality,Commuted the sentences of nearly 1200 drug offenders to reverse “unjust and outdated prison sentences”,Saved the U.S. auto industry,Helped put the U.S. ontrack for energy independence by 2020,Began the drawdown of troops in Afghanistan ,Signed the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals allowing as many as 5 million people living in the U.S. illegally to avoid deportation and receive work permits,Signed the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act to re-regulate the financial sector,Dropped the veteran homeless rate by 50 percent,Reversed Bush-era torture policies,Began the process of normalizing relations with Cuba,Increased Department of Veteran Affairs funding,Signed the Credit Card Accountability, Responsibility, and Disclosure Act,Boosted fuel efficiency standards for cars,Improved school nutrition with the Healthy Hunger-Free Kids Act,Repealed the military’s “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” policy,Signed the Hate Crimes Prevention Act, making it a federal crime to assault anyone based on sexual or gender identification,Helped negotiate the landmark Iran Nuclear Deal,He signed the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act to combat pay discrimination against women,Nominated Sonia Sotomayor to the Supreme Court, making her the first Hispanic ever to serve as a justice,Supported veterans through a $78 billion tuition assistance GI bill,Won the Nobel Peace Prize in 2009 “for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples”,Launched My Brother’s Keeper, a White House initiative designed to help young minorities achieve their full potential,Expanded embryonic stem cell research leading to groundbreaking work in areas including spinal injury treatment and cancer,Pushed through and signed the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, also known as “the stimulus package.” He also launched recovery.gov, a website that allows taxpayers to track spending from the Act.,He guided the massive TARP financial and banking rescue plan and forced financial organizations to pay back virtually all bailout money,Doubled funding for the Manufacturing Extension Partnership, to improve manufacturing efficiency,Signed the Helping Families Save Their Homes Act, which helped millions of Americans avoid preventable foreclosures and provided $2.2 billion to combat homelessness and stabilize the housing market,In 2016, new unemployment claims hit their lowest level since Nov. 1973, they remain at 43-year lows,Stock market has reached record highs, restoring most of the economic losses felt during the Bush Recession,Oversaw the most sweeping food safety legislation since the Great Depression,Took steps to prevent pirate fishing and protect fish populations, and ordered stricter labeling requirements on labeling of seafood products in stores,Tax rates for average working families are the lowest since 1950,Provided a $20 billion increase for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (Food Stamps) etc etc

Though to be fair did use tax payer $ to build a basketball court in the whitehouse !

Ellen Brown

I clicked on this thread with trepidation, expecting a tiresome anti Obama post.

I voted for him partially because he was educated in Constitutional Law. He is articulate and did not seem to react to racist hatred. Did he do everything right? I do not know.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
How some can claim that Obama was a terrible president and that somehow Trump is much better is even far beyond fantasy.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I clicked on this thread with trepidation, expecting a tiresome anti Obama post.

I voted for him partially because he was educated in Constitutional Law. He is articulate and did not seem to react to racist hatred. Did he do everything right? I do not know.

I've started to learn that being President isn't about doing every last thing properly with laser precision. There will always be country-affecting mistakes.

RedDragon94

Love everyone, meditate often
Got this from another forum:

rescued the country from the Great Recession, cutting the unemployment rate from 10% to 4.7% over six years,Signed the Affordable Care Act which provided health insurance to over 20 million uninsured Americans,Ended the war in Iraq,Ordered for the capture and killing of Osama Bin Laden,Passed the $787 billion America Recovery and Reinvestment Act to spur economic growth during the Great Recession,Supported the LGBT community’s fight for marriage equality,Commuted the sentences of nearly 1200 drug offenders to reverse “unjust and outdated prison sentences”,Saved the U.S. auto industry,Helped put the U.S. ontrack for energy independence by 2020,Began the drawdown of troops in Afghanistan ,Signed the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals allowing as many as 5 million people living in the U.S. illegally to avoid deportation and receive work permits,Signed the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act to re-regulate the financial sector,Dropped the veteran homeless rate by 50 percent,Reversed Bush-era torture policies,Began the process of normalizing relations with Cuba,Increased Department of Veteran Affairs funding,Signed the Credit Card Accountability, Responsibility, and Disclosure Act,Boosted fuel efficiency standards for cars,Improved school nutrition with the Healthy Hunger-Free Kids Act,Repealed the military’s “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” policy,Signed the Hate Crimes Prevention Act, making it a federal crime to assault anyone based on sexual or gender identification,Helped negotiate the landmark Iran Nuclear Deal,He signed the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act to combat pay discrimination against women,Nominated Sonia Sotomayor to the Supreme Court, making her the first Hispanic ever to serve as a justice,Supported veterans through a $78 billion tuition assistance GI bill,Won the Nobel Peace Prize in 2009 “for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples”,Launched My Brother’s Keeper, a White House initiative designed to help young minorities achieve their full potential,Expanded embryonic stem cell research leading to groundbreaking work in areas including spinal injury treatment and cancer,Pushed through and signed the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, also known as “the stimulus package.” He also launched recovery.gov, a website that allows taxpayers to track spending from the Act.,He guided the massive TARP financial and banking rescue plan and forced financial organizations to pay back virtually all bailout money,Doubled funding for the Manufacturing Extension Partnership, to improve manufacturing efficiency,Signed the Helping Families Save Their Homes Act, which helped millions of Americans avoid preventable foreclosures and provided $2.2 billion to combat homelessness and stabilize the housing market,In 2016, new unemployment claims hit their lowest level since Nov. 1973, they remain at 43-year lows,Stock market has reached record highs, restoring most of the economic losses felt during the Bush Recession,Oversaw the most sweeping food safety legislation since the Great Depression,Took steps to prevent pirate fishing and protect fish populations, and ordered stricter labeling requirements on labeling of seafood products in stores,Tax rates for average working families are the lowest since 1950,Provided a $20 billion increase for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (Food Stamps) etc etc

Though to be fair did use tax payer $ to build a basketball court in the whitehouse !
Based on this list he was a human being with an actual soul. Not that I absolutely hate every last thing Trump does, but we see too much crap about the border wall and impeachment. The media is literally staging a coup de'tat on all sides against him. And he's pretty isolationist. But like as a whole, the politicians in this country are tearing us apart as a nation. So I don't like any of them.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Based on this list he was a human being with an actual soul. Not that I absolutely hate every last thing Trump does, but we see too much crap about the border wall and impeachment. The media is literally staging a coup de'tat on all sides against him. And he's pretty isolationist. But like as a whole, the politicians in this country are tearing us apart as a nation. So I don't like any of them.
I don't see any media coup d'etat, if anything they're handling him with kid gloves. It's just that practically any factual reporting or analysis makes him look bad.
If anything it's he who's trying to bring down the media. He's plainly stated that the media are a national threat.