• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What did Jesus (pbuh) really Teach?

Yasin

In the Name of God,

Seeing much of the doctrines that are being preached by Christians, makes me to think wether they are the true followers of Jesus Christ (pbuh), for i see them in most cases doing the opposite to what Jesus (pbuh) preached.

Respectively to all, Yasin:bounce

A

angellous_evangellous

Yasin said:
In the Name of God,

Seeing much of the doctrines that are being preached by Christians, makes me to think wether they are the true followers of Jesus Christ (pbuh), for i see them in most cases doing the opposite to what Jesus (pbuh) preached.

Why do you write (pbuh) after the name of Jesus?

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
angellous_evangellous said:
Why do you write (pbuh) after the name of Jesus?

It means, "Peace Be Upon Him" - normally you only see it after the Prophet Muhammad's name, but I've seen some Muslims put it after any prophet's name, and they do consider Jesus to be a prophet.

A

angellous_evangellous

Maize said:

It means, "Peace Be Upon Him" - normally you only see it after the Prophet Muhammad's name, but I've seen some Muslims put it after any prophet's name, and they do consider Jesus to be a prophet.
I was reading it like "humpf" LOL

OK.

Yasin

Maize said:

Jesus (pbuh) is esteemed, in the Quran to be one of the greatest Prophets.
The reason given by Maize is right, and just out of respect.

Respectively, Yasin:bounce

A

angellous_evangellous

Yasin said:
In the Name of God,

What did Jesus really teach? Ask Bart Ehrman.

Yasin

angellous_evangellous said:
What did Jesus really teach? Ask Bart Ehrman.
Dont you know look in the New Testament,

Which is the first commandment of all?
Mark 12:28

how did he answer?

Yasin

And Jesus (pbuh) answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord.
Mark 12:29

Popeyesays

Yasin said:
Dont you know look in the New Testament,

Which is the first commandment of all?
Mark 12:28

how did he answer?
There is also:Gospel of John
"13:31 Therefore, when he was gone out, Jesus said, Now is the Son of man glorified, and God is glorified in him.
13:32 If God be glorified in him, God shall also glorify him in himself, and shall straightway glorify him.
13:33 Little children, yet a little while I am with you. Ye shall seek me: and as I said unto the Jews, Whither I go, ye cannot come; so now I say to you.
13:34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
13:35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

to go with Mark 12 in context:
12:28 And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all? 12:29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: 12:30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
12:31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.
(King James Bible, Mark)

Regards,
Scott