• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What did Jesus Look Like?

Yeshua_Lives

Left the Forum
If you ever wondered, this is what Jesus probably looked like:

moz-screenshot-7.jpg
moz-screenshot-8.jpg

Attachments

• Yeshua.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 1,435

logician

That is the stupidest thing you have ever said logician. Go back in time and prove to me he didn't exist.

On the contrary, you go back in time and prove that the miracle worker did. Don't forget the needed photos of walking on water, and changing water to wine.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
And "Jesus never existed" isn't an extraordinary claim, nooooooo....... :rolleyes:

Somkid

The picture you have posted looks accurate in the sense that Jesus was a Jew/Arab and he would have had short hair because the old testament says something along the lines of a decent man would not have long hair thus the Jews did not, which is what cracks me up when I hear men with long hair say "but Jesus had long hair", ummm, no he didn't. Chances are that he would have had facial hair as most men other than Romans did due to the tedious nature of shaving in that time period. When you see the long blond hair, blue eyed Jesus it is from primarily from the Dark and medieval ages where Jesus was made more in the European image which is appealing to most white people, Jesus being a WASP even if its not true so the image stuck. I think if a lot of people from Western countries thought about it hard enough, the fact that Jesus was actually a Jew and not a white Western guy Christianity may have taken a much different turn in the Western world.

Yeshua_Lives

Left the Forum
On the contrary, you go back in time and prove that the miracle worker did. Don't forget the needed photos of walking on water, and changing water to wine.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

What if "walking on water" and "changing water to wine" are spiritual metaphors?

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Jesus never existed, he is usually portrayed according to who's doing the portraying.
You are so funny, logician. You know, when I can see that you've posted to a thread, regardless of what it's about, I can almost guess what you've posted word for word before even reading it! It's also funny how invisible you've become over time. Keep up the good work... At least your post count is growing. :D

mudge991

You are so funny, logician. You know, when I can see that you've posted to a thread, regardless of what it's about, I can almost guess what you've posted word for word before even reading it! It's also funny how invisible you've become over time. Keep up the good work... At least your post count is growing. :D

Thats funny coming from you Katz, you really should not comment as you labor under the false assumption that spouting myth without any evidence is the issue. You cant prove there is not a Xenu of Scientology either, however, if you want to not sound like a lunatic, prove what you are asserting is true.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Some people have a need to jump into religious discussions and say that they don't believe in God. I am sure some theists jump into other discussions to say that they do believe in God. I am not really sure why they do that. ;) (Please don't take me seriously, I am trying to be jocular).
Jesus did look like an Arab and a Jew and He would not have had long hair. :)Isaiah says that He would not be a handsome man.

logician

Hey, I'm invisible, does that qualify me as a god? I think the point here is that I have as much right to point out the many fallicies that are believed that "encourage" people to be believe in the myth of the biblical Jesus, as do those who claim his existence as fact. There are several good websites on the subject. The following is one:

Welcome to Enlightenment! Religion – the Tragedy of Mankind - Articles by Kenneth Humphreys

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Thats funny coming from you Katz, you really should not comment as you labor under the false assumption that spouting myth without any evidence is the issue. You cant prove there is not a Xenu of Scientology either, however, if you want to not sound like a lunatic, prove what you are asserting is true.
If I were to jump into every thread on this forum that was a discussion between atheists and say, "The Book of Mormon is true!" you'd have a point. Obviously, you don't. Plus, you missed mine.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Hey, I'm invisible, does that qualify me as a god?
No, but if it makes you happy to think you are, please feel free.

I think the point here is that I have as much right to point out the many fallicies that are believed that "encourage" people to be believe in the myth of the biblical Jesus, as do those who claim his existence as fact.
Of course you do, but when the OP is clearly addressed to people who do believe in a God, and when the point of the OP is for those people to discuss or debate something about that God, I just don't see what you think you're accomplishing by jumping in and saying, "There is no God," on every one of these threads. It's like a little kid interrupting the adults, saying "Hey everybody! Look at me! Look at me!" If you were to actually post your reasons for not believing in a Higher Power on threads that were started for the purpose of debating the existence of God, that would be different entirely. I'm sorry, but it really is the truth that when there is a thread on a topic like, "What did Jesus look like?", one-line responses that say, "Jesus never existed," are simply pointless. Nobody takes them seriously. They're just an annoyance and are mostly ignored. 99% of the time I ignore them myself. But in this case, when I saw the title of the thread and the fact that you'd posted, I thought to myself, "Here we go again." I tried to guess what you were going to say and got it right, almost verbatim. Anyway, if it makes you feel good to throw in your two cents worth, you're right -- there's nothing to stop you.

Captain Civic

version 2.0
Most competent historians don't doubt the existence of Jesus. They don't necessarily believe in the Christian interpretation of Him, but I think you'd be in the minority if you said He didn't even exist.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Most competent historians don't doubt the existence of Jesus. They don't necessarily believe in the Christian interpretation of Him, but I think you'd be in the minority if you said He didn't even exist.

What are some of the contemporary historical records that reference Jesus? Not a rhetorical question I'm genuinely curious.

Yeshua_Lives

Left the Forum
Originally Posted by Yeshua_Lives
What if "walking on water" and "changing water to wine" are spiritual metaphors?

Having nothing to do with the existence of said Jesus.

Actually it has everything to do with the existence of "said Jesus" considering you requested evidence or "photos of walking on water, and changing water to wine".

If you would really like to see some "photos of walking on water, and changing water to wine" then read the New Testament.

May peace be with you friend.

Melancholy

異端者
Jesus would have had olive skin and looked meditaranian and as others have said, he would have had short hair.

Nobody knows what Jesus looks like, we can only assume from texts in the bible and of the different tribes etc of the time.
I don't think it really matters what he looked like, his message was more important than the way he looked.

Just my humble opinion.