• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Class are you?

What did your result come out as?

• Elite

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Established Middle Class

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Technical Middle Class

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • New Affluent Workers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Emergent Service Workers

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Traditional Working Class

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Precariat

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters

Laika

Premium Member
I found this quiz on the BBC website which I thought might be worth sharing.

The Great British class calculator

I got "traditional working class" due to my parent's assets and savings and the economic security that provides as part of the household. Otherwise I'm basically screwed.

I realise this could turn into a debate over alot of related issues but I thought I'd put it in the quiz subforum.

If you want to understand the results the link below may be useful:
The Great British Class Survey – Results

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
Precariat
This is the poorest and most deprived class group. According to the Great British Class Survey results, lots of people in this group:

• Tend to mix socially with people like themselves
  • Come from a working class background
  • Rent their home - over 80%

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Precariat.

This is the poorest and most deprived class group.

Kirran

Premium Member
I got Emergent Service Workers.

This class group is financially insecure, scoring low for savings and house value, but high for social and cultural factors. According to the Great British Class Survey results, lots of people in this group:
  • Are young
  • Enjoy a cultured social life
  • Rent their home - almost 90%

Interesting. A lot about class is about your family background, your social class and your identity in addition to your economic status, and I'm glad it touches on that in this but I think it could do so some more.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
I found this quiz on the BBC website which I thought might be worth sharing.

The Great British class calculator

I got "traditional working class" due to my parent's assets and savings and the economic security that provides as part of the household. Otherwise I'm basically screwed.

I realise this could turn into a debate over alot of related issues but I thought I'd put it in the quiz subforum.

If you want to understand the results the link below may be useful:
The Great British Class Survey – Results

I got established Middle Class but in the US I would be lower middle class. Since I live in the NY metro area I have access to many different types of friends and activities which effected the rating more than I believe it would in the US. Also I'm not sure I did the pound to US dollar conversion correctly.

Laika

Premium Member
I got established Middle Class but in the US I would be lower middle class. Since I live in the NY metro area I have access to many different types of friends and activities which effected the rating more than I believe it would in the US. Also I'm not sure I did the pound to US dollar conversion correctly.

No worries. I can't remember the dollar: pound exchange rate post-brexit so you're doing great. :D

illykitty

RF's pet cat
Well, I barely have any money but taking my husband into account, Technical middle class. I'd be at the bottom otherwise.

This is a small, distinctive and prosperous new class group. According to the Great British Class Survey results, lots of people in this group:

• Mix socially with people similar to themselves
  • Work in research, science and technical fields
  • Enjoy emerging culture such as going to the gym and using social media
Got a giggle at the last line, since we both hate those two things.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Doesn't ask your age? Gender? Assumed at roughly 2:1 ratio for the exchange rate.

my results:
Established middle class
This is the most gregarious and the second wealthiest of all the class groups. According to the Great British Class Survey results, lots of people in this group:

• Enjoy a diverse range of cultural activities
  • Went to university
  • Are comfortably off, secure and established

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.
Result: the class group you most closely match is:
Elite
This is the wealthiest and most privileged group in the UK. According to the Great British Class Survey results, lots of people in this group:

Dammit, now I will be known as an Elitist. Sigh. :rolleyes:

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Established middle class

Took a stab on the conversions, etc, but that's probably a fair result.
One thing I found interesting though...if you 'own' a large house, but have a massive mortgage, it would still bump you up into a higher social category. Not sure if that is fair or not, I could read it a couple of different ways. I own enough of my house that I don't think it effects my results, but I have friends with massive mortgages they are going to struggle to service, and be working until they're 70 at least to do so.

Flankerl

Technical middle class
This is a small, distinctive and prosperous new class group. According to the Great British Class Survey results, lots of people in this group:

The Brits and their class-fetish.

Kirran

Premium Member
Technical middle class

The Brits and their class-fetish.

Many of us don't like the class system, we just have it. So does everywhere of course, we're just renowned for some reason.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Well, um, I'm sorta lower class. I mean not the lowest of the low class, but just barely lower class. Like, at the top end of the lower class. Well, not the very top end, but nearly the top end of the lower class. So I am decidedly sort of kinda upper middle lower class.

Liu

Traditional Working Class
  • Own their own home (well, my parents')
  • Are older (mid-20s?)
  • Tend to mix socially with people similar to themselves (for half the people there was no fitting category, and those categories I clicked are mostly not similar to my own profession)
Also, no questions on employment or education?

But I don't live in the UK anyway.