• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What can we learn from our canine companions?

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Hope you are all traveling along nicely and if not I hope things improve real soon ...

I was looking for info about a book I have no idea of the author or title but it is the story of how a woman suffered the loss of many if not all of here family and her dog was there to support her grieving in ways that many humans find difficult.

Anyone who may know the title or author - I would be very appreciative!

Here is one site I found while doing my "research" for the mysterious book ...

10 Things We Can Learn From Our Dogs - Dogtime

Enjoy your day!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I don't know the answer to your search but I do learn a lot from our dog.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
I don't know the answer to your search but I do learn a lot from our dog.

Thanks anyway - it sounds a good book maybe someone else my clue me in?

I found an even better site -

things-we-can-learn-from-a-dog.jpg

All the best!

:)

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I don't know your book but i gave a story to offer

Towards a the end of last year a villager died age 96. Prior to his short illness he was seen twice each day walking with his dog. They were inseparable.

There was standing room only at his funereal with around 50 people outside the church door. But pride of place, on a confertable chair at the foot of the coffin sat his dog, who's sad eyes he never took off the coffin.

The priest headed the cortege to the cemetery, the dog walking alongside him.

The funeral broke up, the dog would not leave the graveside and eventually had to be carried home.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
I don't know your book but i gave a story to offer

Towards a the end of last year a villager died age 96. Prior to his short illness he was seen twice each day walking with his dog. They were inseparable.

There was standing room only at his funereal with around 50 people outside the church door. But pride of place, on a confertable chair at the foot of the coffin sat his dog, who's sad eyes he never took off the coffin.

The priest headed the cortege to the cemetery, the dog walking alongside him.

The funeral broke up, the dog would not leave the graveside and eventually had to be carried home.

Thanks Christine!

Dogs are amazing creatures and so loyal too!

I have had no luck finding the book author or title but I found some interesting advice on the web so not a total loss and I got to read stories like yours ...

Enjoy your day!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Often referred to as man's best friend, dogs all around the world possess qualities so amazingly pure and honest that they put many people to shame. From the stray dog walking the streets to the loved family pet, they can all teach us a thing or two about our own character, all it takes is for us to observe them and to listen to what they have to tell us. I'm sure many of us have had a dog as a pet and companion, or at least the opportunity to feel a dogs affection even if it was just momentarily.

15 Lessons We Can Learn From Dogs

Cheers!

Sirona

Hindu Wannabe
Dogs seek the company of someone and don't like to be alone. I think this is an amazing trait they have.