• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What CAN make you believe in the existence of God ?

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
1. Clearly define what you mean by the term 'God'. There are many competing God concepts out there.

2. Find a phenomenon that clearly distinguishes a universe with natural laws and no God from one with natural laws and a God. No, simple existence doesn't do this.

3. Give evidence for such a phenomenon.

Examples:
A. God is an intelligence that created the universe. A clearly defined signature, well out of the range of possibilities for entropy, stable, and the size of galactic clusters or larger. Even better is repeated on many scales.

B. God as a creator of humans. A stretch of DNA that is present in all humans, is not present in other species, performs no job in the body, and which can be decoded into some known religious text.

C. God as the creator of the universe (again). here, the 'laws' for the supernatural domain are clearly stated, testable, and show how universes can be created in sequence. A population of beings with the technology to create universes is discovered and their historical records show one of them to have created our universe.

I can come up with a few more, I am sure. But I hope it is clear that something clearly extraordinary (not just surviving an accident or curing cancer---remissions happen all the time) is required.

chinu

chinu
1. Clearly define what you mean by the term 'God'. There are many competing God concepts out there.

2. Find a phenomenon that clearly distinguishes a universe with natural laws and no God from one with natural laws and a God. No, simple existence doesn't do this.

3. Give evidence for such a phenomenon.

Examples:
A. God is an intelligence that created the universe. A clearly defined signature, well out of the range of possibilities for entropy, stable, and the size of galactic clusters or larger. Even better is repeated on many scales.

B. God as a creator of humans. A stretch of DNA that is present in all humans, is not present in other species, performs no job in the body, and which can be decoded into some known religious text.

C. God as the creator of the universe (again). here, the 'laws' for the supernatural domain are clearly stated, testable, and show how universes can be created in sequence. A population of beings with the technology to create universes is discovered and their historical records show one of them to have created our universe.

I can come up with a few more, I am sure. But I hope it is clear that something clearly extraordinary (not just surviving an accident or curing cancer---remissions happen all the time) is required.
"God" the "One" who has created all the things that you see all around you (including you) ?

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
"God" the "One" who has created all the things that you see all around you (including you) ?

Yes, that is the claim. And I gave the type of evidence required for me to accept that claim.

I know I exist. I know the universe around me exists. I do NOT know it was created by an intelligence.

chinu

chinu
Yes, that is the claim. And I gave the type of evidence required for me to accept that claim.

I know I exist. I know the universe around me exists. I do NOT know it was created by an intelligence.
What type of evidence you require to accept this claim ?