• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Brings Joy?

Mark Dohle

doveilnlight.jpg

What Brings Joy?
I do believe that Sin, is a way that I protect myself from the suffering of others. When things seem to be falling apart, a subjective experience, as well as a subjective judgment, I will react by becoming angry, even enraged, which is fueled by terror, but really fed by anxiety. Anxiety is a new friend, that I really only met a few years ago. It helps to know that I have deep anxiety, because it brings my anger, and fear, into perspective.

I want to control the world, and make it fit my needs, sort of like a one, or two-year-old. For my anger is more often than not a temper tantrum.

Healthy anger leads me to do something constructive. Anger, which flows from my ‘inner two old’, leads nowhere if given into. So for me to convert, is to keep my heart open, when I want to close it, and to leave everyone on the outside that causes me pain, or discomfort, or intends to demand my time. The death to self, at least for me, is to allow God’s grace to expand my heart……which brings me joy.-Br.MD

pearl

Healthy anger leads me to do something constructive. Anger, which flows from my ‘inner two old’, leads nowhere if given into. So for me to convert, is to keep my heart open, when I want to close it, and to leave everyone on the outside that causes me pain, or discomfort, or intends to demand my time. The death to self, at least for me, is to allow God’s grace to expand my heart……which brings me joy.-Br.MD

Grant me the sincerity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.