• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What book(s) are you reading now?

slabbey06

Bond-Servant of Christ
This is such a fun thread! I love books and talking about them. Let's see. Currently I'm in the middle of...

The Bible
The Children of Hurin- J.R.R. Tolkien (This is what I'm reading the most right now)
The Hobbit- J.R.R. Tolkien
Letters to Malcolm- C.S. Lewis
The Question of God; C.S. Lewis and Sigmund Freud Debate God, Love, Sex, and the Meaning of Life- Dr. Armand M. Nicholi, Jr.

Can you tell I like Tolkien and Lewis;)

Caina

Apostate Heretic
Currently, almost done with the celestine prophecy, just started the second harry potter, the second necroscope, and brushing back up on an old version of Nostradamus prophecies:)

Smoke

Done here.
I'm really just kind of waiting around for the last volume of the Harry Potter series. But I'm passing the time with The Face in the Mirror: The Search for the Origins of Consciousness, by Julian Paul Keenan.

Dr. Nosophoros

I am currently re-reading Anne Rices "Queen of the Damned", a friend gave me a hardback copy as a "Halloween" present a few years back since she knew I loved the book so much - as did she (I read it in paperback first) she even had it signed by Rice at a book signing, wanted to go but I had to work. Opened it, flipped through it for a few years just enjoying the feel of it, maybe I was enjoying as much my friends sentiments and reason for giving it to me as much as the book itself, maybe they melded together into one sensuous feeling, don't know but I enjoyed and still enjoy just having it around, in a sense it's like having her around since she physically isn't.
Now I finally started to actually read it, I visit her grave often.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
I'm working on The Other Boleyn Girl, while waiting for the next season of The Tudors (one of my favorite periods in history).
I'm also reading some non-fiction religious and history stuff as part of my study for initiation.

lunamoth

Will to love
I'm now on a steady diet of summer beach novels.

The Third Secret - Vatican conspiracy (OK)
In the Dark of the Night - Slasher/Thriller (fast paced but mediocre)
The Black Echo - Hard-boiled detective story (OK, but I liked The Lincoln Lawyer by the same author much better)
The Midnight Club - early James Patterson purchased for $2 (sucked)

Currently: The Last Templar - more Vatican conspiracy (slow moving)

Draka

Wonder Woman
Well, I finished Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West a while ago so I followed up with its sequal, Son of a Witch, and just finished that Wednesday.

I'm now beginning Deep Storm by Lincoln Child.

39934738.jpg

Lindsey-Loo

Steel Magnolia
Just finished Daughter of Fortune by Isabel Allende, which is about a Chilean girl named Eliza who sets out for California in the midst of the Gold Rush to find her lover, and Silent Echoes by Carla Jablonski which is about two girls who learn to communicate through time. Silent Echoes was alright, but Daughter of Fortune was excellent and I highly recommend it.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
I've been reading Charlaine Harris' Sookie Stackhouse novels (Southern Vampire novels).

I'm on the fifth Book Dead as a Doornail.

I've quickly become addicted to these books. They're a fast, fun read!