• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What book(s) are you reading now?

Eynah

Currently I am reading:

Fool Moon by Jim Butcher Which is about a Wizard Harry Dresden who takes cases from the police when they are very odd or interesting.

The Forest House by Marion Zimmer Bradley Which is a prequal to The Mists of Avalon

I just finished Desolation Angels, Transmission of Light, Einsteins Dreams, T.S. Elliot Waste Land, Tibetan Book of Living and Dying and The Beat Book.

Just started on my next few, Ernest Hemingway Short Stories, Charles Bukowski Flash of Lightning, The Essential Whitman, and The Viking Portable Library of Nietzche

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
Bastet said:
For a change I've only got one book on the go (and it's slow going, since I don't seem to be making it to bed early enough to stay awake for more than a page or two at a time :eek: ), Interview With The Vampire, by Anne Rice. I'm not even 50 pages in and I want to slap Louis upside the head for being a whining sod. :rolleyes: Methinks it's going to be a looooooong book...but I'm determined to finish it this time (I tried it once about 11 or 12 years ago but didn't even get 20 pages in lol).
Don't expect great things from Louis in books to come...he's a sad sack from start to finish.:rolleyes:

darkpenguin

Charismatic Enigma
Right now i am tandeming the satanic bible (underground edition) which I am finding very interesting reading and also Stephen Hawkins - A brief history of time which I'm finding to be fantastic. Oh actually i'm reading 3 as i'm also halfway through Stephen King's Needfull things which hasn't dissapointed so far!

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
For once, I am actually reading. I haven't read a book since my 'crash' from stress; my kids keep tempting me with books they know I would enjoy.

I have just finished reading the Da Vinci code (which was sort of good), and am trying to grapple with proffessor Winston's "The Human Mind"

Which is just the sort of book I enjoy, but find so tiring to read........

lunamoth

Will to love
I recently finished The Glass Bead Game (thanks doppel...it was great)

I'm now reading a pretty bad psychothriller called "Predator."

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
My math textbook and my writing one. *whines* Actualy, I enjoy the writing one... It's just that poetry has never been my strong point.

As soon as I'm able, I'll be reading the newest "Fruits Basket". Yay!

darkpenguin

Charismatic Enigma
nutshell said:
Pet Semetary by Stephen King.

I believe King is the reincarnation of Dickens. :)

Have you read cell? It's pretty weak for a King book but it's pretty good, it jsut doesn't feel like him writing though. Strange!

nutshell

darkpenguin said:
Have you read cell? It's pretty weak for a King book but it's pretty good, it jsut doesn't feel like him writing though. Strange!

Haven't read it. There's actually a lot of King I haven't read. Here is a list of what I have read:

Pet Semetary

The Stand

The Shining

The Dark Tower (entire series)

Eye of the Dragon (I think that's what it's called - it was a long time ago)

I think that's it. There's obviously a ton of things still for me to read.

lunamoth

Will to love
nutshell said:
Haven't read it. There's actually a lot of King I haven't read. Here is a list of what I have read:

Pet Semetary

The Stand

The Shining

The Dark Tower (entire series)

Eye of the Dragon (I think that's what it's called - it was a long time ago)

I think that's it. There's obviously a ton of things still for me to read.

The Stand is classic. I should read it again.

Kay

Towards the Sun

I'm currently reading "Pagan Spirituality" by the Higginbothams. It's a pagan take on personal transformation along the lines of Spiral Dynamics (Ken Wilber) or James Fowlers "Stages of Faith."

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
I'm currently re-reading The Way of All The Earth:Experiments in Truth and Religion, by John S. Dunne.

0268019282.01._BO2,204,203,200_PIlitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_OU01_AA240_SH20_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg