• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Baha'is do on the local, national, and international level

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
This thread is devoted to what Baha'is actually do on the local, national and international over at least the last century.

In a previous thread I was criticized for describing the activities of Baha'is on the local level as participating in inter faith movements to provide instead of developing their own organizations to serve the needs of the community. The theme of the Baha'i Faith is developing inter faith relationships in serving and meeting the needs of the community. This is simply the way most Baha'i local communities operate. The next post I will describe how the Baha'i communities in my area are involved with interfaith coomunity efforts in serving and meeting the needs of our communities.

I am concerned with negative slanted threads and posts without positive constructive dialogue in search of the knowledge of what actually takes place in the real world.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
I’m still waiting to see if anyone here knows or cares about the reality in the offline world around them, of anything they’re debating about.

Anyone who has any curiosity about what Baha’is are actually doing in the world, most of all, can find out in less than half an hour by reading any Ridvan letter from the House of Justice written in the last 15 years, or visiting the websites of a few local spiritual assemblies.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I’m still waiting to see if anyone here knows or cares about the reality in the offline world around them, of anything they’re debating about.

Anyone who has any curiosity about what Baha’is are actually doing in the world, most of all, can find out in less than half an hour by reading any Ridvan letter from the House of Justice written in the last 15 years, or visiting the websites of a few local spiritual assemblies.

I hope to provide more specific, personal, and referenced things and projects the Baha'is do and are involved in.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

I wanted to add, "You need to present the and describe examples of what Baha'is do in the world."

I do not believe it is productive to tell people to go read it.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
What Baha'is do on the local level in the Hillsborough and Orange County in North Carolina. I have lived in a number of communities in the USA and the involvement is similar though others may offer different examples. The Baha'is dominantly set goals to involve in Interfaith groups and activities. All these activities involve partnership with churches in the community.

(1) .The Baha'i Local Spiritual Assemblies are involved in the Orange County Interfaith Mission.and their Board for at least 10 years or more. I have personally involved with volunteer activities. I haul away their recycling materials and substitute delivering meals.

(2) The Baha'is are involved in the Martin Luther Day Committee and have members on the board.

(3) Baha'is are involved in the Anathoth Community garden Coop that has a food box program to sell food boxes and distribute food boxes to low income. I do their carpentry, plumbing, and electrical.

(4) Baha'is are involved in Habitat for Humanity.

arthra

Baha'i
For a relatively small community I would say we are very committed to involvement in our area...

Baha'is in my area have been involved in Martin Luther King Day observances such as marching in a parade.

We also have had a booth in the Market Night of our city however in the past year in spite of applying for a space we have been denied...while other groups were allowed.

We have had World Religion Day programs and opened these programs to other religions.

Our youth have travelled to various churches, temples, mandirs and mosques... also a Fire Temple to encourage an understanding informed attitude about other religions among the youth.

Baha'is have participated in the inter-faith programs of our Inter-faith council. I'm a past president.

I've also participated as a volunteer in the local hospital to encourage patients and was under the supervision of the chaplain.

Baha'is in various countries are involved in Social Economic Development Projects:

"Since its inception the Bahá'í Faith has had involvement in socioeconomic development beginning by giving greater freedom to women,[2] promulgating the promotion of female education as a priority concern,[3] and that involvement was given practical expression by creating schools, agricultural coops, and clinics.[2] Current development activities worldwide are related to areas such as education, health, agriculture, arts and media, the local economy and the advancement of women. By 2017 there were an estimated 40,000 small scale projects, 1,400 sustained projects, and 135 Bahá'í inspired organizations.[4]

Read more at

Socioeconomic development and the Bahá'í Faith - Wikipedia

The activities of the International Baha'i Community are online:
Bahá’í International Community

Last edited: