• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are your thoughts on the Presidential election?

Yerda

Veteran Member
I'm really interested in what RFers are feeling about the election. How do you see the campaigns playing out? What do you expect to see from the candidates? Who will win?

Do you think Trump has made a case for re-election?

What should be the important issues that should decide it for you?

What would be significantly different if Biden wins vs another four years of Trump?

Tell me, tell me.

I posted this in this forum as opposed to the N American debates section to try to avoid arguing. You never get the really interesting takes when people's backs are up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Mild dismay.
However, were I emotionally invested in having
great leadership, it would be extreme dismay.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
My feelings this morning after picking up the Sunday paper were:

"Great. This will be cluttering up my basic news for months. Time to cancel the paper."

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Me watching the presidential elections
upload_2020-8-17_5-33-41.gif

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Is Biden entirely compos mentis?

How many crimes has Trump committed as President? Is Trump insane, stupid, has dementia or more than one of these?

I hope you see what that question triggered and it's not "discussion" because the question itself was not a discussion question but a debate question.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
But as a discussion point, I see the campaign in apocalyptic terms with the old and dying world of egoism in all its forms manifest in the Trump party versus something new and better being born and seeking expression in the Democratic party.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
something new and better being born and seeking expression in the Democratic party.
I too wait for the day that something new and better will be born in the Democratic party. We're Jewish, so we know how to stick to the long haul. Meanwhile, I'll hang around other political entities...and munch on popcorn here in Israel while watching the chaos that is the American elections (and wondering if we're about to have yet another round of elections soon...).

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm really interested in what RFers are feeling about the election. How do you see the campaigns playing out? What do you expect to see from the candidates? Who will win?

What would be significantly different if Biden wins vs another four years of Trump?

Tell me, tell me.

I posted this in this forum as opposed to the N American debates section to try to avoid arguing. You never get the really interesting takes when people's backs are up.

I think the vice-presidential candidates may get more attention than what they would usually get during a presidential election. One wonders if either candidate will be able to finish out their term, if elected. If re-elected, Trump may get impeached again, and the results may be different if the Democrats can retake control of the Senate. And with Biden, it's hard to tell what will happen if he gets elected. Much of it may also hinge on how the House and Senate races go.

We'll see what each party has to present at their conventions. This should be interesting, since they're being held remotely.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member

Tell me, tell me.

:) The thought I offer to those in other countries is, first of all, I expect a reasonable fair election, heavily contested as usual. I hope it is entertaining for you. Secondly the military of the USA is allegiant to our constitution, our flag and our elections and will follow the constitution no matter who wins, who loses or what crap they try to pull. The Dept. of Homeland Security will uphold the result of our election. All senators, representatives and the US Supreme Court will back the election results. Yes the Christians will, too: Evangelicals and Catholics and the whole lot. Therefore you can expect that our elections will determine who gets elected. If you hear otherwise check to see if there are massive rebellions, because there will be if the election is derailed. We won't accept anything but a fair election. The election results will be upheld.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

Tell me, tell me.

This song about sums it up.