• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are your thoughts about the Catholic Church?

What do you think of the Catholic Church?

• I love the Church

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • I like the Church

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • The Church isn't too bad

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • I dislike the Church

Votes: 27 45.0%
  • I hate the Church

Votes: 11 18.3%

• Total voters

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Y
View attachment 17631

Jesus warned us about Peter’s Loyalties: “But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of Men.” -Matthew 16:23, King James Holy Bible.

First of all I would like to Apologize for what I am about to write. The problem that I have is I feel compelled to answer this question honestly and truthfully; while at the same time trying not offend anyone, which is impossible. In Canada, we promote free speech---but not hate speech, and I ask, that you consider my post is not about the people currently running the Church, and the approximately 1.2 Billion Catholics who follow the Church that I believe are Good people. My post refers to the over 2,000 year old “Legal Entity” known originally as the Roman Empire, and is now called the Vatican and Holy See.

“What profit the fable of Christ has brought us.” –Pope Leo X, 1400 AD.

In 86 BC, Roman General Sulla destroyed the Higher Learning Academy, Axed the Sacred Olive Trees of Athena, Stole the Book of Life and Knowledge, and the Roman Catholic Church was formed. Now, 2,103 years later, it is the largest Christian Church on Earth, and claims that it is the "one, true church" founded by Jesus Christ, and its bishops are the successors of Christ's Apostles, and that the Pope is the successor to Saint Peter, and maintains the doctrine on faith and morals it presents as definitive, is infallible.

Infallibility can be defined as the inability to err in teaching revealed truth. But, the Vatican and the Holy See have yet to prove the source of their infallibility, whether in Doctrines, Scripture, or Church authorities. In contrast, Protestant, and non-denominational Christian Churches, believe that their Church is indeed fallible, as evidenced by Christ's sacrifice on the cross to pay for the sins of the world, including those of his Church, and only God's word in Scripture is infallible.

Which is correct.

They also reject the Roman Catholic claim regarding Papal Infallibility---Citing not just scriptural reasons---But, also the many times Popes have contradicted each other, and the long history of mistakes and unconscionable acts committed by many Popes throughout Roman Catholic Church history. Just think of the thousands, and thousands, and thousands of lives lost because of this Entity. A Holocaust of epic proportions. How can I love what it represents, knowing that God shall never forgive what it has done, and the Church has no biblical or legal authority to speak on behalf of God.

All you have to do is look at its long history of denial, lying, preaching, worshipping idols, and its usury---taking money for selling the forgiveness of sins and the unconscionable acts of child molestation. How in God’s name it evolved into one of the most profitable, “non-profit” Entities on Earth, with considerable Assets and influence; that's founded on an Apostle who denied our Lord Jesus Christ three times, and is buried under the Vatican, drowning in the Holy See, and who Jesus knew was Satan; I just cannot understand.

In summary, and I Apologize once again, and this post will probably be removed but, “X” marks the spot of Satan’s Church of Imitation and Ignorance. (Satan = false prophet: “to obstruct or oppose.”). And although I do not hate the people running and following the Church now, I have to be truthful about the Original Entity and what it represents, and for that reason I cannot lie, and must vote that I hate its history of lies and murder of Christians and Jews, and everything that it was founded on, which was Evil, not Good.

Thank-you for your post. God Bless.

Amen, Athena.

You hate the Church means you hate the body of christ. You hate the body of christ, you hate christ himself. When you hate christ, you hate his father.

If you don't know what is behind what The Body of Christ teaches from their point of view and not your own, you will always be putting down brothers and sisters of christ.

That does not sound christian. I don't know what that sounds, really. I'm sure god knows all christians relationship with christ-all meaning Catholics included. It's not your place to judge.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Yes. But what does that have to do with Peter's prominence among the disciples throughout the NT?

Im asking since jesus is the foundation of the Church and the Church continues through Christ Christ via the Church, what authority does peter have when he is neither christ, god, nor have the divinity of them?

pearl

what authority does peter have

It is what authority did Peter have that is evident in the NT writings. And within those writings there were those who seem most prominent; Peter, Paul, James (the brother of the Lord), John (the beloved disciple.

Last edited:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Other than apostolic succession of christ's teachings, what is peter's authority in relations to christ (as christ is to his father)?

Im asking since jesus is the foundation of the Church and the Church continues through Christ Christ via the Church, what authority does peter have when he is neither christ, god, nor have the divinity of them?
If I can insert myself into this discussion.

The main position vis-a-vis Peter, the other apostles, and apostolic succession, deals with what the church actually is to be, along with the question as to whether this is to be reflected in both the church's role and its structure?

Most Protestant churches and independents use the "congregational style" of leadership, whereas it's the congregation that, not only chooses the pastor, they also also have a great deal to say as to what it to be taught or not taught. I ran into a problem with that in the fundamentalist Protestant church I grew up in, whereas the pastor would not speak out against racism with the congregation because he was worried about losing a large part of that congregation but also quite possibly his job.

Is that the way the early church operated? Clearly not, as Jesus "taught with authority", as did the apostles, and as did the appointees of the apostles. To put it another way, the church did not operate under democratic principles, and we see Paul getting quite upset with those congregants and some leaders who may buck against what they and the appointees were teaching.

Jesus, Peter, the apostles and their appointees, therefore, became the main symbols for the more "authoritarian" approach that we see within the scriptures and that which the Catholic, Orthodox, and Anglican churches operate from. It's the approach and the application of Jesus' order to Peter to "feed my sheep" and not let the church go into a free-for-all whereas anything goes.