• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are your thoughts about the Catholic Church?

What do you think of the Catholic Church?

• I love the Church

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • I like the Church

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • The Church isn't too bad

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • I dislike the Church

Votes: 27 45.0%
  • I hate the Church

Votes: 11 18.3%

• Total voters

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I thought God was a Supreme Being free of human limitations, needs and wants. You are chatting about Jesus as if to him belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth.

I thought God was the Hidden One.
I'll respect your beliefs. My beliefs are that he loved us soo much he chose to share in our weaknesses.

I hope Allah grants you the happiness you are looking for :). Part of being happy is not judging and condemning other people

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
And I prefer Mormons over Evangelicals.

They often accuse us Catholics of being the whore of Babylon and Mormons being unsaved. It makes me ill! My least favorite faiths are the ones that are most judgmental and condemning!

I say follow your heart. Your heart has lead you to Mormonism and I hope it spiritually satiates you. I have nothing against your Church. I think God wants you to be Mormon.

I find it admirable that you dare to be different in the face of mockery. :)

Since God is invisible and He and the truth are hidden, your faith has just as much credibility as mine. I think He has many paths to the same summit. :)
Amen!

SethZaddik

4331germanbisho_00000003846.png

Just wondering if you could share your thoughts about Catholicism, if you have any. :)
_72767775_saintpeterssw.jpg

You

Just wondering if you could share your thoughts about Catholicism, if you have any. :)
I thought maybe you were on something.
Sorry for misunderstanding you.
You are too deep for me.
Jesus loves you :)
You know that I respect the Church as of Vatican ll, longer than I have been alive has Catholicism recognized, as does Islam, (cue propaganda induced objections), that it is not what religion you belong to but whether you were Righteous or not that decides if you get into Heaven.

And since they are almost the only Christians who believe this I have great respect for the Catholic Church.

Even though I am not shy about criticizing its history, which should be criticized as they killed millions yet everyone (oddly except the Catholic Church) assumes Islam is inherently evil when it was a very fair religion from day 1, tribal conflicts before the peace was made were common and Islam stopped all religous persecution, only in the beginning did they fight pagans, not for being pagan but for being treacherous, after peace was made it was the first instance of religous tolerance since Pax Romana, in terms of being law.

SethZaddik

I am forbidden by religous morals from blaming the sins of the past on the heirs of the present day. And my conscience in general as if I weren't a Muslim I would feel the same way.

I actually like Catholicism. I don't know why everyone hates it but I can guess it is similar to why they hate Islam.

Ignorance. The only way to hate what you don't know is to be ignorant and remain so.

SethZaddik

I'll respect your beliefs. My beliefs are that he loved us soo much he chose to share in our weaknesses.

I hope Allah grants you the happiness you are looking for :). Part of being happy is not judging and condemning other people

I won't turn this into a "is Jesus pbuh God" debate as I had great success in the thread I made about the subject.

I like your immediate willingness to avoid controversy that exists between similar belief systems with different specific beliefs and respect you show always.

As I said before, the Catholic Church is willing to acknowledge us as co religionists I don't care about anything else when showing respect for the first Xtian Church to so, the RCC.

I also like Mormons. I am impressed with their knowledge of Apocrypha and success in America. Evangelical fanatics slander everyone.

But they are the biggest hypocrites and guilty of projecting their insecurities onto different but similar religions.

A cheap but frequently used tactic to demean other's beliefs and make a false sense of superiority by decieving themselves that they are honest people.

Hell I can't think of a segment of Christianity that gives it a worse name than evangelicals who are fanatics.

"Don't you want eternal salvation?"

No. I don't. I want to live in the Kingdom of God, Paradise or on earth, in my mind I already do and I don't envy people who join religions out of fear of hell by way of scare tactics called evangelism.

"Believe what us men say or go to hell" is compulsory conversion.

Which I am pretty sure Catholicism has a relaxed attitude about today and doesn't use deception to gain converts or need to.

Catholic people are the happiest of Christians, they are not arrogant jerks like their Protestant evangelist splinter sects that remove books from the Bible.

They train people to convert Jews as a specialty and fail because they are devious and not liked by many people, India has a problem with Christian Missionaries harassing people and learning their scripture to try and extract Christianity from it.

They read Qur'an, Hadiths, Talmud, Vedas, Zohar ONLY to misinterpret it as if it speaks of Christ pbuh.

If they fail they misinterpret other verses to show how other's beliefs are "evil" or "wrong."

They still fail.

Evie

I

I think every individual has the right to believe whatever doctrine they choose. Catholicism is one of many. I have nothing against their doctrine as I have nothing against others. I believe Religion itself plays a valid role in human existence. I am not an atheist, I believe in a Creator.

SethZaddik

I neither love nor hate the Catholic Church. Actually, if I had to choose between Catholicism and Protestantism, I'd pick Catholicism, hands down. Although many people may be shocked to read this, I believe there my Church (LDS) has a lot more in common with Catholicism than it does with Protestantism. And one positive thing I can say about Catholicism is that I seldom hear a Catholic tell me that I'm not a "real Christian" or that I'm "not saved." Whether they're right or wrong, Catholics seem to be a lot more comfortable in their own skins than Protestants (especially the evangelical ones). And I've got to admit, I think Pope Francis is one awesome guy!

I wouldn't even dare start a thread called "What are your thoughts about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints?" (aka, inaccurately, though, the "Mormon Church"). I can't even imagine the kind of hate posts a thread like that would elicit.
I neither love nor hate the Catholic Church. Actually, if I had to choose between Catholicism and Protestantism, I'd pick Catholicism, hands down. Although many people may be shocked to read this, I believe there my Church (LDS) has a lot more in common with Catholicism than it does with Protestantism. And one positive thing I can say about Catholicism is that I seldom hear a Catholic tell me that I'm not a "real Christian" or that I'm "not saved." Whether they're right or wrong, Catholics seem to be a lot more comfortable in their own skins than Protestants (especially the evangelical ones). And I've got to admit, I think Pope Francis is one awesome guy!

I wouldn't even dare start a thread called "What are your thoughts about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints?" (aka, inaccurately, though, the "Mormon Church"). I can't even imagine the kind of hate posts a thread like that would elicit.

Back when I was much less educated I believed Mormonism was some quasi Masonic cult.

But as I was telling Pope, I am impressed with the knowledge that Mormons have of Apocrypha and the success achieved in America after a hard beginning with Smith murdered in cowardly fashion while in prison and having to move to Utah to avoid persecution from fanatical Christians.

As I understand you are so trustworthy a people as to almost dominate CIA, FBI and other agencies if not as directors as a myriad of brave agents keeping America safe.

I would rather have Mormons (provided you don't despise Islam as policy, which I do not think you are guilty of but would have a problem with if) working for the safety of America than the usual degenerate pervs any damn day.

I never quite understood what the B.o.M. was about, I had a hard time reading the and remember nothing almost.

But I am grateful for JK(?) Parry(?) co. for bringing to the States the Sefer ha-Yashar.

I have and like that book. But even the Xtian Zionist who printed it has to "warn" his readers that although Mormons did bring it here, it conflicts with their beliefs so is not sacred and thus you need not worry.

Worry? It is not a Mormon authored book, why take the unnecessary opportunity to crap on Mormons when you only have it because they bought it and translated it?

They don't miss an opportunity to let it be known they have the only true religion in the world, all 30,000+ denominations.

What is more strange is this guy places trust in Rabbinical literature that he doesn't in, say, Jubilees. He claims that Seder Olam is legitimate history and 2,000 years old.

I wonder if he has read the Talmud on "Jeshu" or Toledot Jeshu itself?

Last edited:

SethZaddik

Back when I was much less educated I believed Mormonism was some quasi Masonic cult.

But as I was telling Pope, I am impressed with the knowledge that Mormons have of Apocrypha and the success achieved in America after a hard beginning with Smith murdered in cowardly fashion while in prison and having to move to Utah to avoid persecution from fanatical Christians.

As I understand you are so trustworthy a people as to almost dominate CIA, FBI and other agencies if not as directors as a myriad of brave agents keeping America safe.

I would rather have Mormons (provided you don't despise Islam as policy, which I do not think you are guilty of but would have a problem with if) working for the safety of America than the usual degenerate pervs any damn day.

I never quite understood what the B.o.M. was about, I had a hard time reading the and remember nothing almost.

But I am grateful for JK(?) Parry(?) co. for bringing to the States the Sefer ha-Yashar.

I have and like that book. But even the Xtian Zionist who printed it has to "warn" his readers that although Mormons did bring it here, it conflicts with their beliefs so is not sacred and thus you need not worry.

Worry? It is not a Mormon authored book, why take the unnecessary opportunity to crap on Mormons when you only have it because they bought it and translated it?

They don't miss an opportunity to let it be known they have the only true religion in the world, all 30,000+ denominations.

What is more strange is this guy places trust in Rabbinical literature that he doesn't in, say, Jubilees. He claims that Seder Olam is legitimate history and 2,000 years old.

I wonder if he has read the Talmud on "Jeshu" or Toledot Jeshu itself?

Sorry, LDS, not Mormons.

I didn't know you don't like that designation and can relate it to "Mohammedan" used to talk about Muslims who have never been "Mohammedans."

Ira

The Catholic Church is built on the foundations of the teachings of St. Paul. Most people think it was founded by Jesus Christ, but it was actually founded by St. Paul.
I respect and admire Pope Francis for his kindness, compassion, and humility.
Peace \/

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I used to be Catholic, back when I was a little kid and didn't know any better. It's kind of strange when I look back on it now, since my father converted to Catholicism when he married my mother. I was never quite clear as to why he did that or whether my mother insisted upon it (probably to please her parents), but what's strange is that my mother was never that devoted or loyal to the Church anyway. She actually hated her years of going to Catholic school and made a point of not letting me or my brother go to Catholic school because of the abuse. Not that I actually wanted to go to Catholic school, but it was just kind of strange that she chose to force this religion upon me when she hated it all along.

My father's side of the family was Protestant, and some in his family were anti-Catholic, although I was never quite sure how they took my father's conversion to Catholicism. My maternal grandmother was also a convert, and her family was also anti-Catholic.

My parents got divorced when I was 6, and after that, their church attendance decreased quite a bit. I was spending a lot of weekends with my maternal grandparents, and they're the ones who dragged me to church in the years that followed. My mother eventually converted to Hinduism, and my father got remarried to a woman who was a Methodist, so he started attending that church.

I guess I'm still pretty indifferent about the Catholic Church itself.

Mary Blackchurch

Free from Stockholm Syndrome
I actually voted that I dislike the church because there was no button for "ambivalent" - which is more accurate for me. I still both love her, and dislike her. I still love the pomp and circumstance and all the beauty that goes with that for me personally, but I resent the abuse of power when it comes to covert paedophilia and all of the money they hoard and extort really. She's kind of a big mafia.

I believe it to be the one institution founded by Lord Jesus Christ who was the DIvine Incarnation of the Omnipresent and Almighty existence in the universe that humans refer to as God and Who though invisible and absolutely not discernible chooses to appear in mortal forms to guide humans in the right way to live their mortal lives. I believe that Lord Jesus Christ was the reincarnation of Lord Krishna at Bethlehem because he loved cows in his previous earthly Avatar and chose a manger and the company of cattle as his birthplace. I also believe his church run by his beloved disciple Saint Peter at Rome to be the authentic institution on earth that propagates and proselytises his teachings and messages correctly to this world. It is a blessed and holy and an admirable institution.

Last edited:

sunray

The church is not too Bad as it goes, but I'm wondering about youtube and the latest dicoveries;
The Unbearable Truth- Christianity is a lie (full): (and there's more, much much more)

I figure that if christianity is based on The Sun religions, its got to be worth a day at the beach.
However even if based on Egypt (where did Jesus and Moses get their knowledge, If not from Egypt; Even Plato got his knowledge from Egypt, Pythagore too) then through evolution Jesus took it to a belief system, the Church is guided by God, but its much better to have an Esoteric overview of the whole religious system, all religions; All religions come from the same source, an anagram of Lord God is Gold Rod, that's the sun in 4 dimensions. Amen is an egyptian god, so its every where in christianity. So where did Jesus go- through the Sun to heaven. As it says when he comes back it will be surrounded by flames well its hot/cool being a solar person. Check out what St. Paul said.
Sunray