• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are your reasons for saying that you believe in God?

You go, human!!! Be your own best!!!

You touched my soul across the Internet.

Regards and with love
Mikkel

PS The technical term of someone like us, is that end we are resilient. So yes, you are not alone. I have been where you have and yes, there is a way forward and yes, a part of it is to choose to believe in something bigger than yourself.

Hello Mikkel!

Thank you for reading my story entirely.

I am grateful that I have been able to inspire you.

It's not necessarily what we believe in but how we move forward within our belief. ;)

I appreciate you and I am here to serve your soul.”

With Love
Lynette

syo

I know, I know. People will always insert a God where there is no need for him. This is physics. :D
No need for him? There is need for him. Can you resist time? No. Can you create time? No.

Last edited:

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Hello Mikkel!

Thank you for reading my story entirely.

I am grateful that I have been able to inspire you.

It's not necessarily what we believe in but how we move forward within our belief. ;)

I appreciate you and I am here to serve your soul.”

With Love
Lynette

The backpack and our different amount of stones in it.

You have a very big backpack with a lot of stones in it. They were cutting into your back and you almost couldn't carry it. Now you are rearranging them better and getting stronger, because you are learning from carrying a big, heavy backpack.

So here is a part of my backpack. I am an Aspie with a problematic childhood and I didn't get the help that I needed.
But now I have learned to rearrange the stones better and carry the weight, so here it goes.

I am weird, a nerd, an Aspie, a resilience child and what not AND I AM PROUD OF IT. (Don´t take it as yelling as such)
So here is what I have learned from you:
I appreciate you and I am here to serve your soul.
Now be proud of your soul!!! And then humble; and serve yourself and other souls. :)

With love
Mikkel

The backpack and our different amount of stones in it.

You have a very big backpack with a lot of stones in it. They were cutting into your back and you almost couldn't carry it. Now you are rearranging them better and getting stronger, because you are learning from carrying a big, heavy backpack.

So here is a part of my backpack. I am an Aspie with a problematic childhood and I didn't get the help that I needed.
But now I have learned to rearrange the stones better and carry the weight, so here it goes.

I am weird, a nerd, an Aspie, a resilience child and what not AND I AM PROUD OF IT. (Don´t take it as yelling as such)
So here is what I have learned from you:
I appreciate you and I am here to serve your soul.
Now be proud of your soul!!! And then humble; and serve yourself and other souls. :)

With love
Mikkel

I am happy that you have been able to benefit of the value :)

The closure is what we all are seeking for and because I have achieved to become emotionally and mentally free, I wish the same for others.

Therefore, I am here to serve as many souls as possible.”

With Love :purpleheart:
Lynette

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
No need for him? There is need for him. Can you resist time? No. Can you create time? No.
Yes, in 'Advaita' (as I understand it), there is no need for him.

'Aham Brahmasmi' (I am Brahman), "Ayam atma Brahman' (This self is Brahman), 'Tat twam asi' (That is what you are), 'Sarvam Khalu Idam Brahma' (All things here are Brhman), 'Eko sad, dwiteeyo nasti' (What exists is one, there is no second) - That is what Upanishads said multiple times.

I am Brahman, I am myself Spacetime, I (or what constitutes me) creates and destroys time. That is my real self.
Sure, different Hindus have different views on this. IMHO, Atanu's views differ from mine, which is perfecftly OK.

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
(edited to add the following)
NOTE: The reason I started this thread in the Religious Q&A forum was because I was hoping for people to follow its special rules.
(end edit)

NOTE: This question is for people who say that they believe in God, and it is not about evidence. It’s about whatever your reasons might be, no matter if anyone thinks that they are evidence or not.

How are you thinking about God, when you say that you believe in Him? What do you think your reasons are for saying that? How did it happen that you started saying that?
I believe in science.....cause and effect

the universe...…. the One Word
didn't 'just' happen

the universe is the effect
God is the Cause

Clear

Premium Member
I started out by simply saying, "Either the Bible is true or false. I will begin with the hypothesis that it is true and then I will test the sucker and find out if it is false". Then I gave my heart to Jesus as Lord. In 24 hours, my marriage was fixed. I've seen miracles, heard His voice (not a physical voice) a couple of times, have had visions that turned out to be true. That's some of the reasons.

Hi @Jim

I like KenS's point that personal communication and experience with God is the best evidence for the existence of God to an individual who believes in God.

1) Jim asked “How are you thinking about God, when you say that you believe in Him?
(opening post)
I envision a loving God who desires that we learn to understand and master principles of social joy and unity which will enhance our social lives and prepare us to live in a social heaven in joy and unity.

2) Jim asked "What do you think your reasons are for saying that?" (opening post)
I believe in the existence of God, because I believe experiences I’ve had are evidence that a higher benevolent intelligence operates in my life and in the lives of mankind in general.

I think of God as loving and interested in us partly because I think the early Judeo-Christian model of life as a schooling, a tutoring in principles that will allow mankind to ultimately be prepared to live in a social heaven in greater joy and harmony is a logical and rational model as to the purpose of mortality.

3) Jim asked "How did it happen that you started saying that?” (opening post)
While my reasons for saying (believing) God exists has matured and changed over the years, I started believing in God initially because I felt it was legitimate to learn about God and then experiment with faith in him and in principles he taught. It was an experiment on John 7:17, “If anyone’s will is to do God’s will, he will know whether the teaching is from God ….”. The point is that once one is willing to do the will of God, including having faith in God and his purposes, then God seems more willing to communicate with that person than one who is not willing to experiment in this way. I believe that, over the years, I have seen revelations and manifestations over and over which serve as evidence that God exists and that he is interested in our lives.

REVELATION AS EVIDENCE

The surest evidence of the existence of God.

We’ve all observed the endless philosophical, “cosmological”; “traditional”, “logical” and “scientific” data discussed between theists and agnostics and, though they are the most popular data types to use (since logician-philosopher-scientists seem to want to “try” to “analyze” and "debate"…). Still I do not think that religion is supposed to be provable by such means and more importantly I do not believe these are the most powerful types of evidence for Christians to build and sustain a belief in God's existence.

I believe the strongest and most powerful, most compelling and profound evidence upon which one may base increasing faith in God's existence is direct communication with God; personal revelation from God to an individual.

For example; Anciently, christianity had the promise of the Holy Ghost, given to individuals who enter into the proper spiritual process of change which results in obtaining the gift of the Holy Ghost. It is individualized. It is trustworthy. Those who have revelation seem to possess the strongest testimony of the truth of religious principles, including the existence of God.

However, this “gift” seems to be as impervious to objective observation by those who do not possess it as any other “second hand” data. It brings objective experiences to those who have it, but then, how does that person do more than “describe” to another person; regarding their personal revelations, or personal communications from God? To the outsider, (who is inexperienced in such things himself), those things may seem like ouigi boards or crystal balls at the county fair. It is difficult for me, (as a religionist) to condemn the agnostic for his skepticism that any such communication from God is taking place, and for his unwillingness to experiment with faith himself (though I wish he would).

The difficulty on a basic level is that miracles and personal communication from God generally only happen after certain keys are turned. With rare exception, some degree of faith precedes the most powerful data (the miracles; the personal objective evidence, and the conversations with deity), rather than faith following the personal experiences and the data.

Revelation often carries within it, the objective evidence that it is not a phenomenon generated by our own psyche. There are objective elements to revelation imbedded within it, as evidence that one is not crazy, and that they are not simply manufacturing the data.

Barring the fakers or the mentally unstable; The person who in actuality receives the witness of Gods existence by direct revelation from God, simply declares this knowledge "as one having authority" to do so for themselves, from revelation, and "not as the scribes" who are left to quote scripture or to quote science or to quote logic or to quote tradition (etc) as their authority for declaring the existence of God. I believe the orientation and quality of data gained by personal revelation versus all other types of "witness" is different than other evidence and that revelation from God to an individual is the best evidence of the existence of a God to that individual.

I hope the various answers you are given on this question are insightful and helpful.

Clear
ακτωνεω

Last edited: