• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are your reasons for saying that you believe in God?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
(edited to add the following)
NOTE: The reason I started this thread in the Religious Q&A forum was because I was hoping for people to follow its special rules.
(end edit)

NOTE: This question is for people who say that they believe in God, and it is not about evidence. It’s about whatever your reasons might be, no matter if anyone thinks that they are evidence or not.

How are you thinking about God, when you say that you believe in Him? What do you think your reasons are for saying that? How did it happen that you started saying that?
May I ask? Could one say that one believe many Gods are there, but not following a gods path or teaching? Or is your OP more toward Christianity, Islam, Bahá'í kind of belief in God? Sorry if this question is a bit out of your direct OP. If you don't want to answer it is ok :)

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
How are you thinking about God, when you say that you believe in Him?
I see God as the simplest answer to the question "Why is there something, rather than nothing?".

Beyond that, I have my faith based beliefs. But I don't expect anyone else to believe them because I've no rational evidence supporting my faith.
So, I generally don't even bother talking about them. They're personal.
Tom

Hello, Powerful Souls!

Here is my short summary of why I believe in God.

Now, let me ask you to imagine the following description.

Picture a little girl, which had so much warmth but was challenged by daily toxins. See her trying to understand love and hate, sexual abuse, mental abuse, physical abuse, alcohol abuse, drug abuse, suicide attempts, suppression, crime, advantage, disadvantage, and the difference between right and wrong.

Imagine her partly growing up in a foster system where her path became harsher.

Throughout her development, she experienced traumatic nightmares which inflicted her to be homeless in her early twenties.

Now, imagine that this little girl was me.

Yes, it did affect me throughout my entire life.

When your soul is forcefully damaged into millions of little pieces then hardly someone is able to escape such traumatizing inflicted experiences.

There was no way to go, no one to talk to, and no one to hear me.

Everyday became the silent voice of death within me. Each day I said that I don't want to be here anymore. Therefore, every substance abuse became my opportunity to harming me into death.

There was a lot going on within myself.

Specifically, when you have been told that you are worthless, you are nothing, you are dirty, and you are a prostitute as well many more toxins impacting your mental health.

Surely it was harmful enough but not the worst-case scenarios.

See, I grew up in a dead village where suppression was normality.

Therefore, negativity was my accepted reality.

I tried to become a voice but I've been forced into not having one because a voice is only for a specific ethnicity and that for my breed the minimum of existence is foreseen.

All these influences had a triggering impact on my behavioral reactions. All circumstances without processing the cause resulted in PTSD. Any song, word or violent behavior would enable a survival reaction.

Every second turned into frustration.

Every minute turned into rage.

Every hour turned into aggression.

Every day turned into a challenge that reflects anyone as the enemy.

Trust me, during such vulnerable time I had no other choice than die. That seemed more realistic to me and the best option for everyone.

I thought that if I wouldn't be here any longer, the suffering would stop but no matter what I did, I even managed to overcome death itself.

It took me several attempts to realize that I had a purpose to follow throughout my life.

Nevertheless, I was working hard for a minimum income. When I wanted to achieve more there was more resistance than expected. People tried to convince me that it was not worth it or ungrateful because no one would ever appreciate it anyways. They used any sort of manipulation strategy you could think of to get me out of the way or let's say, off their radar but after my last suicide attempt in 2013 I began to realize, that no matter how hard I try to die even by poisoning myself but still survived (which I literally did), it was clear that we are born to die but not on our own terms. We die by a prediction that is not predictable by humans. It is a much more powerful resource invisible to the blinds.

This became the turning point of my entire life.

Ever since I was a little girl, I've always been hungry for knowledge. I began at a very early age to read. Even medic books all the way to psychology even if I had no idea what numerous words have been defined as.

It came in handy throughout my new path though.

I studied the dictionary so I could understand words. I studied phrases to understand the meaning of a deeper sense. I studied synonymous to build my truth with logical sense and the most important thing I became to master was my authenticity.

While adapting the knowledge and combining it with all the experiences I had, I had the privilege to bloom into a self-mastering lesson.

Not only that but as well I finally evolved into a powerful resource for handling resistance, discriminations and much more challenging lessons throughout my personal growth.

Today, I can say proudly that I've achieved various amazing things including writing my own biography and the decision of entrepreneurship.

My growth became my purpose. My purpose became my vision and my vision became my desire by supporting those throughout their personal growth with similar struggles.

Personal evolving is made for everyone and not only for a race, country or ideological believing system. It is for each unique individual searching for a leading spirit to achieve the freedom they have been hoping for.

It is important to me that the message will be heard and that the depression which has been caused by powerful forces will be healed.

We all have been through enough and I am convinced that if I was able to manage to become mentally free that definitely, everyone on the same path can too.

I am grateful that you've managed to read my story entirely.

Always “remember” that we are stronger then we think!

If you been through so many past traumatic events but still survive your suicide attempts (because of all the abuses), then yes, I have no other option to believe that there is someone much more powerful than we imagine.

Ever since my last suicide attempt in 2013, I've been suicide free. Never had another thought about it.

My story is long but this is as short as it can possibly become.

I am here to serve your soul.”

With Love
Lynette

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I believe in God because I have been unable to convince myself that a universe as complex as ours would be able to exist without someone directing it.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I see my overall reason to believe in God, is the desire in my heart to offer and only to do right, towards all people. Like all things, that takes practice and I am far from getting it right. Little by little, day by day.
Then, at least do not deride other religions by saying that Jesus was not the son of God, Mohammad was not the final messenger, Krishna was not the avatara; and Buddha, who said that the God being there or not in no way helps reducing your problems, as a messenger of God. This is not what other people in the world believe. You are unnecessarily hurting them. Remember that Bahaollah too has no proof of being a manifestation of any Allah other than his vision of the "Maid of Heaven".

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
It's a necessity. Time has a start. What caused time??? Something beyond time. :)
Most probably, a Quantum perturbance. Beyond time, 'Absolute Nothing'. Though we do not yet know all details.
Never had another thought about it .. I am here to serve your soul.
Lynette, I am an atheist. I do not believe in God or souls. I was sorry to read the details but more than happy that you bravely countered your problems and are now a confident person. I wish you even better in the coming years. Also I note that you did not mention God anywhere is your struggles, which I find doubly credible.

Last edited:

PruePhillip

Most probably, a Quantum perturbance. Beyond time, 'Absolute Nothing'. Though we do not yet know all details.

When we speak of quantum perturbances we speak of something which
can begin seriously strange things - including whole universes, maybe.
But before there was quantum there was Nothing. Who made the
quantum, who created the Big Bang, who created time?

Jim

Nets of Wonder
May I ask? Could one say that one believe many Gods are there, but not following a gods path or teaching? Or is your OP more toward Christianity, Islam, Bahá'í kind of belief in God? Sorry if this question is a bit out of your direct OP. If you don't want to answer it is ok :)
Thanks for asking. I was thinking specifically of belief in a single god that a person calls “God,” with a capital “G.” It’s okay with me if people who believe in more gods than one post their reasons also. If you say that you believe in some gods, what are you thinking of as gods? What are your reasons for saying that? If you haven’t always believed in them, how did it happen that you started believing in them?

rational experiences

Veteran Member
I know that there is the Father of God, the original spiritual male who invented God sciences about fusion. I heard him speaking, recorded. Seeing the natural atmosphere records both voice and image and transmits it. Science and his male machines just use it. I do not believe in belief without evidence.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Thanks for asking. I was thinking specifically of belief in a single god that a person calls “God,” with a capital “G.” It’s okay with me if people who believe in more gods than one post their reasons also. If you say that you believe in some gods, what are you thinking of as gods? What are your reasons for saying that? If you haven’t always believed in them, how did it happen that you started believing in them?
To me God means an enlightened being, Someone who have awakened to the truth, that means i do not see One all powerful God who rules everything. But a being that earned the tittle God by cultivation because every being in this cosmos one where a God, Buddha and so on. but since many have fallen. Many who are on earth think there can only be one God, but to me there is countless Gods. I personally do not follow a teaching of a God, But more likely a very high form of Buddha (Li Hongzhi has never said anything of what spiritual tittle he has) My belief in the Spiritual realm has gradually awakened during my spiritual cultivation.

Aman Uensis

NOTE: The reason I started this thread in the Religious Q&A forum was because I was hoping for people to follow its special rules.
(end edit)

NOTE: This question is for people who say that they believe in God, and it is not about evidence. It’s about whatever your reasons might be, no matter if anyone thinks that they are evidence or not.

How are you thinking about God, when you say that you believe in Him? What do you think your reasons are for saying that? How did it happen that you started saying that?

I believe in something.

And I do so because I want to think that my existence serves a purpose, even if that purpose is as fickle as to be just a thing created or the result of a process of creation, nevertheless, it gives me something.

Reactions: Jim

Jim

Nets of Wonder
To me God means an enlightened being, Someone who have awakened to the truth, that means i do not see One all powerful God who rules everything. But a being that earned the tittle God by cultivation because every being in this cosmos one where a God, Buddha and so on. but since many have fallen. Many who are on earth think there can only be one God, but to me there is countless Gods. I personally do not follow a teaching of a God, But more likely a very high form of Buddha (Li Hongzhi has never said anything of what spiritual tittle he has) My belief in the Spiritual realm has gradually awakened during my spiritual cultivation.
Do you, personally, ever say the words “I believe in ...” then the names of some beings that you call “gods,“ or did you ever do that?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
(end edit)

I started out by simply saying, "Either the Bible is true or false. I will begin with the hypothesis that it is true and then I will test the sucker and find out if it is false".

Then I gave my heart to Jesus as Lord.

In 24 hours, my marriage was fixed. I've seen miracles, heard His voice (not a physical voice) a couple of times, have had visions that turned out to be true.

That's some of the reasons.

syo

I want to add to my idea that that something beyond time is also compatible with time. :) Only God can do it.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Do you, personally, ever say the words “I believe in ...” then the names of some beings that you call “gods,“ or did you ever do that?
No :) i always say i believe the different Gods are there, but i dont name them and say i believe or follow their teaching. I only follow one teaching at the time, and now it is Falun gong teaching.

Prim969

D13B6D30-31E0-449C-9122-3AD96EC4F8F0.jpeg
(end edit)

My first experience of God was with religious intstuction at school I think I was 7or 8 at the time. The minister did speak of the Jesus. He had this very colourful picture book of him. So there was Jesus out wandering amongst the fields with all these people following him and he was telling them lots of stories like blessed are the poor and blessed are the meek which they all did seem to enjoy. I think then it must have been lunch time for all of them because Jesus did begin to make some lunch. The only problem being that many people’s did forget to bring lunch with them which we all found quite funny because all us children we do all have our lunch boxes with us everyday and it’s always full.: ) Well we were all just mesmerised with just how all these people were going to be fed maybe there was a fish market and bakery nearby. But no nothing. And all the desciples were really stumped too. But than a little helper gave them 2 fishes and 5 loafs of bread but that would not be enough considering that there was so many hundreds of people to feed. But than Jesus took the fishes and bread looked up to heaven and gave thanks to the Father. And the next moment you had fishes and bread multiplying everywhere and everyone was happily fed. Well my heart just jumped for joy listening to this story and I did fell in love with Jesus straight away. A child like faith you could say it just seemed all so real and also that all things were possible with him at least to us children.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Hello, Powerful Souls!

My story is long but this is as short as it can possibly become.

I am here to serve your soul.”

With Love
Lynette

You go, human!!! Be your own best!!!

You touched my soul across the Internet.

Regards and with love
Mikkel

PS The technical term of someone like us, is that end we are resilient. So yes, you are not alone. I have been where you have and yes, there is a way forward and yes, a part of it is to choose to believe in something bigger than yourself.

Most probably, a Quantum perturbance. Beyond time, 'Absolute Nothing'. Though we do not yet know all details.Lynette, I am an atheist. I do not believe in God or souls. I was sorry to read the details but more than happy that you bravely countered your problems and are now a confident person. I wish you even better in the coming years. Also I note that you did not mention God anywhere is your struggles, which I find doubly credible.

Hello, Honest Human!

I respect what you believe or not believe in. Everyone on earth has its own unique right to find closure within their own mind, heart, and body system.

I value your honesty because a lot of people are afraid of being misjudged.

Therefore, I respect you

Thank you for reading my story entirely

With Love
Lynette