• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are your personal values?

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Greetings fellow Earthlings!

I trust you are enjoying your time here on the forum and whatever else it is that you do with your time & energy.

Here's an article by Mark Manson - two warnings -

One:

It is fairly long post on a subject that can be hard to pin down much.

Two:

Mark does use the odd "colourful" language at times. Usually to make a point but may not be everyone's cup-of-tea.

Here's a little taste out of a rather lengthy article -

We all know that story of the middle-class, educated person with a decent job who has a mini “freak out” and decides to take a week or ten days (or ten months) and cut all contact with the outside world, run to some remote and obscure part of the globe, and proceed to “find themselves.”

Hell, maybe this has been you at some point. I know it’s been me in the past.

Here’s what people mean when they say they need to “find themselves”: they’re finding new values. Our identity—that is, the thing that we perceive and understand as the “self”—is the aggregation of everything we value. So when you run away to be alone somewhere, what you’re really doing is running away somewhere to re-evaluate your values.

If that sparks your curiosity at all you can read the full article at Mark's site -

“Who the **** Am I?”: The Ultimate Guide to Personal Values

Wishing you all the best!

Viker

Häxan
Aesthetics, authenticity, achievement, adventure, autonomy, balance, compassion, challenge, community, competency, contribution, courage, creativity, curiosity, determination, ethics, fairness, faith, family, friendship, fun, growth, honesty, honor, humor, independence, influence, integrity, justice, kindness, knowledge, leadership, learning, love, loyalty, openness, patience, peace, perseverance, perspective, pleasure, poise, religion, respect, responsibility, security, service, spirituality, stability, trustworthiness, and wisdom. Just to name a few for now. I may think of more later.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Aesthetics, authenticity, achievement, adventure, autonomy, balance, compassion, challenge, community, competency, contribution, courage, creativity, curiosity, determination, ethics, fairness, faith, family, friendship, fun, growth, honesty, honor, humor, independence, influence, integrity, justice, kindness, knowledge, leadership, learning, love, loyalty, openness, patience, peace, perseverance, perspective, pleasure, poise, religion, respect, responsibility, security, service, spirituality, stability, trustworthiness, and wisdom. Just to name a few for now. I may think of more later.

Wow....

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I value my kids, my husband, my friends, my pets, oak smoked back bacon, braden rost salmon, strong coffee, honesty, ... Not necessarily in that order.