• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are your New Year's Resolutions?

Lindsey-Loo

Steel Magnolia
I need ideas! I have three so far:

1. Lose fifteen pounds.
  2. Rock the debate team so I can be the debate captain next school year.
  3. Win at least third place in a dance competition.
What are yours?

Last edited:

Japaholic

1) Stop taking sugar in tea and coffee
2) Eat bananas/Apples instread of bacon rolls during break at work
3) Cut down on Chocolate
4) swim/gym 3 times a week
5) attend 2 martial arts classes each week

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
I have zero resolutions.

I used to have "new years resolutions" when I was younger, but no one ever sticks to them, so why bother making them up in the first place?

Lindsey-Loo

Steel Magnolia
I have zero resolutions.

I used to have "new years resolutions" when I was younger, but no one ever sticks to them, so why bother making them up in the first place?

They make me feel good about myself. ;) But actually, I can't think of any resolutions I have ever kept. Except maintaining an A in math class last year.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
I got an A in my math class last semester. :D Because it was easy though... not because I resolved to do so. :D I don't like planning to force myself to do stuff. I like going with the flow. If I want to lose a few pounds, I stop drinking soda for a while, and so on and such like. :D

Anyway, a new year isn't really that big of a deal to me. It's just some more days. It doesn't seem worthy of making changes in my life.

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
Anyway, a new year isn't really that big of a deal to me. It's just some more days. It doesn't seem worthy of making changes in my life.

Yea I never make any changes for the new year...it always happen randomly during the year. So whatevs! I'll lose that damn winter coat by the time summer's here!

gnomon

Actually, I do plan on
1) Quit smoking
2) Exercise regularly
3) Be more of a jerk (lose friends and alienate people approach)
4) Save lots of money

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Actually, I do plan on
1) Quit smoking
2) Exercise regularly
3) Be more of a jerk (lose friends and alienate people approach)
4) Save lots of money
Well, if you accomplish #1, you'll have also accomplished #4. Good luck.