• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Are Your Favorite and Most Disliked Movie Genres?

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them

Dislikes: Hallmark movies. I hate the whole guy pursues girl who isn't into him and then somehow wins her over causing her to give up everything for him.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member

Dislikes: Hallmark movies. I hate the whole guy pursues girl who isn't into him and then somehow wins her over causing her to give up everything for him.

The cliché tropes about rejection that essentially glorify dealing with it like a needy child with no concept of boundaries are, in my opinion, some of the most toxic elements in pop culture and film.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Horror, sci-fi, foriegn, and war films are my favorite.

Can't stand chick flicks with some very rare exceptions.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Like: Quirky (e.g., Moonrise Kingdom) or Comedy.
Dislike: War films, Horror (e.g., Texas Chainsaw Massacre), those involving unnecessary violence, or depictions of history that deviate markedly from the truth (Braveheart and such).

Last edited:

Yerda

Veteran Member
My favourite films tend to have a bit of fantasy/scifi/magic realism and my least favourites are usually horror.

There are loads of crap scifis and loads of great horror films though.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I think the only genre I like are horror movies, especially monster movies.
Other than that it's more of the story. Like I don't care much for action movies, but ones like Fight Club, Boondock Saints or the Matrix gives some great philosophical discussions with the content or are a treasure trove of philosophical gears driving the story.
And I like dark, disturbing shows, so much I thought Squid Games was pretty weak, full of cheap shock, lame, tame and boring. The cat and mouse hunting games between Eric Draven and his prey (The Crow) are far more interesting.
And it's why I like the Alien movies, because it has a lot of HR Giger's art-come-to-life, and his art was more nightmarish and demonic than any Medival or Renaissance depiction of Hell.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I hate musicals, romantic comedy, action movies, sci-fi... I don't really watch movies.

Vee

Premium Member
Like: movies that are fun to watch, with great story lines, good acting and memorable characters.
Can't stand: horror, excessive violence.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I love horror (actual disturbing, gory, extreme horror at that), psychological thrillers, exploitation films and B-movies, science fiction (especially cyberpunk and speculative fiction), gritty action and drama the most. I enjoy comedies and romance, too (I just watched Clueless for the thousandth time the other night).

I can't really think of a genre I really dislike, but I am really sick of all the damn superhero movies oversaturating the market and their respective cults being shoved down everyone's throats. I hope Disney implodes soon and goes away. I'm also not a fan of pc/woke pandering, which is usually an excuse to distract from lack of ability to write a compelling (or even coherent) story with strong characters (sums up Jordan Peele).

Reactions: Vee

Vee

Premium Member
I am really sick of all the damn superhero movies oversaturating the market and their respective cults being shoved down everyone's throats. I hope Disney implodes soon and goes away. I'm also not a fan of pc/woke pandering, which is usually an excuse to distract from lack of ability to write a compelling story with strong characters.

AMEN