• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are your beliefs?

capumetu

I believe Jehovah is God, Jesus is His son, soon God's Kingdom will replace all human governments. Want to know more?

capumetu @yours.com no space after u

Losin

I believe in a personal God which is one, omniscient, omnipresent, omnibenevolent, all powerful, is simple, his essence is his existence and is revealed throug judaism as "I am", later he become man so men can become gods.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
My understanding is that beliefs serve an initial purpose, but ultimately can serve to prevent understanding of that which is believed. One must transcend beliefs in order to realize that which is believed.

It is not the finger/belief that is ultimately important, but that to which the finger/belief points....

images_zpsdu1ipvmd.jpg

Sundance

Premium Member
WARNING: THE FOLLOWING EXPOSITION OF PERSONAL BELIEF IS QUITE ESOTERIC IN NATURE.

#1) I believe that to everything in the Universe, there exists duality. Beyond these dualities, there is an Impersonal Force which unites the two. This Impersonal Force manifests Itself as Seven Personal Forces – The Sun and The Moon (God and Goddess) plus The Five Elements (Air/Wind, Water, Earth, Fire, and Spirit), which have their existences not only as literal ‘Beings’, but also represent various aspects of life.

#2) The Forces (and what they represent) each have sets of Deities (those from the many different cultures and religions) who rule over Them, sometimes sharing Them, so it's not all cut-and-dry. (And yes, of course these Deities are very real to me!)

- The Sun represents truth, knowledge, enlightenment.

(Rulers: Sun gods, gods of truth, knowledge, and learning, gods of the sciences)

- The Moon represents wisdom, inspiration, creativity, and mystery.

(Rulers: Moon goddesses, goddesses of the arts, of wisdom, of mystery)

- Air represents creation, and Wind, the activeness of life.

(Rulers: sky deities, wind deities, creator deities)

- Water represents calmness, peace, relaxation, fluidity, adaptability, and order. It can also represent instability, chaos, and disorder.

(Rulers: Water deities and those of the Sea; deities of peace, order, and relaxation; also, deities of chaos, disorder, and instability)

- The Earth represents healing and rebirth.

(Rulers: deities of various animals and plant life, nature deities, deities of health and well-being, deities of magic, deities of medicine)

- Fire represents love, bravery and courage, but also destruction.

(Rulers: Fire deities, deities of war or battle, deities of love, deities of destruction)

- Spirit represents death, the spirit world/the underworld/the Afterlife, and Life Eternal or Immortality.

(Rulers: Death deities, deities of the Underworld, deities of Immortality)

#3) The Afterlife: I believe in the different realms of existence within the Spirit World, which is intimately interwoven with the Universe and the World of the Living and can be traversed both ways via music, meditation, prayer, magick and spellcasting, the use of entheogenic substances, spirit possession, divination, and much more. It is, inhabited by the deities, animal spirits, nature spirits, the ancestors, and all sorts of beings benign, malevolent, or even neutral.

#4) I do adhere to Wiccan Rede. It's common sense on the surface level. On the deeper level, the Law of Thelema upon which it is based “Do what thou Wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Love is the Law, Love under Will,” speaks to what I believe is the goal of life: self-actualization. Manifesting one's innermost desires in life.

#5) I also adhere to the Law of Threefold Return. Pretty self-explanatory that.

Last edited:

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Mine:

- Ethics are a core need for humanity. They arise naturally and inevitably from sentience itself.

- There are no personal rights as such. Instead, our quality of life is shaped by the willingness of others to gift us with their attention, time and consideration.

- Tribal instincts are unavoidable, but can never be given free reign. Humanity has a duty towards its own acceptance and integration.

- Deep assymetries of opportunity are a serious thread to our future and must be healed.

littlefire

You can call me Fio
Hmm.... this is good for me to try to quantify these....

At this point, my beliefs are pretty sparse and are as follows:
- God exists, is pervasive throughout the universe, has elements of personhood, and is not entirely separate from the visible or the invisible worlds
- All religions and non-religions contain elements of spiritual truth and wisdom
- The point of living is to propagate the most love, do the least harm, and create the most good

Pretty much everything else is up for grabs.

syo

I believe the universe was made by an intelligent creator and not by accident or luck. so there must be a god.

Marcion

gopa of humanity's controversial Taraka Brahma
I believe that:

* Only what you think will lead you to Self-realisation (so you think, so you will become).
* Spiritual progress or regression has nothing to do with belief but with (the presence or absence of) practice only.
* All spiritual practice is based on the Tantric cult.

Angelus5884

Hello and peace be uppon you all.

It’s a very interesting question and I m more than happy to share what’s my beliefs.

As a Muslim I believe in six major beliefs and that all Muslim should believe in.

• Belief in one God (Allah)
  • Belief in the Angels
  • Belief in the holy books sent to all the prophets including Torah that was revealed to the prophet Moses, Bible that was revealed to the prophet Jesus, and Qur'an (Koran) that was revealed to the prophet Muhammad
  • Belief in all the prophets sent by God including Noah, Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, Moses, Jesus and Muhammad. Although Muslims believe in Isa or Jesus they don't think of Jesus as the Son of God the way Christians do.
  • Belief in the Day of Judgment and life after death. The best reward for performing good deeds is getting closer to God.
  • Belief in divine decree. This means that God is all-powerful and nothing can happen without His permission, however, he has given human beings freedom to choose whether to be good or bad. In the end, everyone will be questioned about how they lived in this life.
And I will finish by quoting what Allah said in his holly book:

“Righteous is he who believes in Allah and the Last Day and the Angels and the Scriptures and the Prophets.”
Qur'an 2:177

Please feel free to ask me anything that cross your mind

Peace be uppon u all

Angelus5884

I believe the universe was made by an intelligent creator and not by accident or luck. so there must be a god.

Greeting and peace be uppon you syo.
Hope you are doing well?
I want to agree with your comment and when you look at the sky the stars the universe and with all that technology that allow us to see further, it’s good to ask ourself how does all of that work.

Well allow me to give you the evidence that all of that is made by Allah the lord of everything that exist.

In 1916, Albert Einstein formulated his General Theory of Relativity that indicated that the universe must be either expanding or contracting. Confirmation of the expanding-universe theory finally came in 1929 in the hands of the well known American astronomer Edwin Hubble.

Yet, astonishingly well before telescopes were even invented and well before Hubble published his Law, Prophet Muhammad used to recite a verse of the Quran to his companions that ultimately stated that the universe is expanding.

“And the heaven We created with might, and indeed We are (its) expander.” (Quran 51:47)

And to be honest with you dear friend there are sooo many verses that proof the existence of God.

Please feel free to message me anytime if u wish to talk more about it or if u have any question.

ajay0

My understanding is that beliefs create a psychological perception due to bias which prevent proper perception of reality, and creates conflict thereby.

Awareness helps one to observe reality accurately without contamination by psychological projections.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
My understanding is that beliefs create a psychological perception due to bias which prevent proper perception of reality, and creates conflict thereby.

Awareness helps one to observe reality accurately without contamination by psychological projections.
So far so good...:p

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
@PopeADope

Creativity spirit that keeps my hands and speech flowing as an expression of my soul. Ways to cry hoping that we continue to the next life if not continued anymore. Shedding tears of suffering through meditation and loving oneself and others with compassion. I believe that I will be at peace. I value freedom in Dharma. Expression in creativity. No goal. No vision. Just life. Just me.

Cooky

Veteran Member
I wonder where the reptiles and meteor came from, but I guess that isn't any of my business.

I heard a rogue planet crashed into the earth 4 billion years ago creating our moon. Apparently there are more rogue planets (those thrusted out of their solar system by massive gravitational slingshots) than there are suns in our galaxy. But life, they say, did not come from that. Rather, it came from warm deep sea geysers, where amino acids reacted with other chemicals underwater... which explains why the only two non-living things that people eat regularly are salt and water... Hence, saltwater... The substance life was conceived in.

However, I think God can work underwater too. And He did. :)

Angelus5884

I heard a rogue planet crashed into the earth 4 billion years ago creating our moon. Apparently there are more rogue planets (those thrusted out of their solar system by massive gravitational slingshots) than there are suns in our galaxy. But life, they say, did not come from that. Rather, it came from warm deep sea geysers, where amino acids reacted with other chemicals underwater... which explains why the only two non-living things that people eat regularly are salt and water... Hence, saltwater... The substance life was conceived in.

However, I think God can work underwater too. And He did. :)

Peace be uppon u Landon.

Allah has created every [living] creature from water. And of them are those that move on their bellies, and of them are those that walk on two legs, and of them are those that walk on four. Allah creates what He wills. Indeed, Allah is over all things competent. Quran 24:45.

Have those who disbelieved not considered that the heavens and the earth were a joined entity, and We separated them and made from water every living thing? Then will they not believe? Quran 21:30

And it is He who has created from water a human being and made him [a relative by] lineage and marriage. And ever is your Lord competent [concerning creation]. Quran 25:54

When we look at the verses concerning the creation concerning humain being and living thing we clearly see evidence of a miracle. One such miracle is the creation of living thing from water, it was only possible for people to come by that information, clearly expressed in those verses, hundreds of years afterward with the interversion of the microscope.

The word water is the main component of organic matter, 50-90% of the weight of living thing la consist of water.furthermore 80% of the cytoplasm ( basic cell material) of the standard animal cell is described as water in biology text book. The analyse of cytoplasm and it’s appearance in the textbook toon place like hundreds of years after the revelation of the Quran. It is therefor impossible for this fact, now accepted by the scientific community, to have been known at that time the Quran was revealed. Yet attention was drawn to it in the Quran 1400 years before its discovery. Who could have authored this book?

Peace be uppon u Landon