• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are you trying for in this world ?

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Trying to get @Wu Wei to recognize that Biden vs Trump is an inconsequential consequential choice.

fixed that for you....and

3dabfee4f0df255435eb04ea36a09006.jpg

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Not much any more except to stay alive through this pandemic. Like @ChristineM , we've accomplished our goals, which was to live a safe, comfortable life of free from tedious labor and free from want, surrounded by love, friends, and beauty, being relatively healthy, and to make a positive difference to our community.

Of course, we also want the respect and affection of friends and neighbors, and to live without guilt, shame, blame, or regret.

These days, much of that is on hold until we can get out of the house and be with other people again.

We are Americans living in Mexico. Mangoes grow here, and we have friends with mango trees, and so can get them free (true for avocados as well). But in the market, they are presently $19.9 MXN (pesos) / kilo - about $1 USD / 2.2 pounds. I don't know how many mangoes are in a kilo, but I imagine 2-3.
Mainly the only thing free here are saskatoons, but I have to pick them myself, either from my own tree, or on my brother's farm. I do have friends with apple trees, and pear trees. They get dried if I get a lot.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
fixed that for you....and

3dabfee4f0df255435eb04ea36a09006.jpg
I can't stop you from totally ignoring the different, totally ignoring all the things Trump has torn apart, totally ignoring the corruption he's instituted, totally ignoring the rest of the world's attitude, totatally ignoring all the conservatives and former Republican office holders that have rejected him to support Biden and so forth.

As far as you repeatedly referring to the facts that are there for anyone who wants to see them as "tiresome", we'll reality is tiresome but it hits people in the head with 2x4's with embedded nails.

But I have to thank you for reminding me to give some more money to the Biden campaign etc which I have not done in ANY prior presidential race. Yes, my money is where my mouth is. I'm sure that's tiresome to you.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I can't stop you from totally ignoring the different, totally ignoring all the things Trump has torn apart, totally ignoring the corruption he's instituted, totally ignoring the rest of the world's attitude, totatally ignoring all the conservatives and former Republican office holders that have rejected him to support Biden and so forth.

As far as you repeatedly referring to the facts that are there for anyone who wants to see them as "tiresome", we'll reality is tiresome but it hits people in the head with 2x4's with embedded nails.

But I have to thank you for reminding me to give some more money to the Biden campaign etc which I have not done in ANY prior presidential race. Yes, my money is where my mouth is. I'm sure that's tiresome to you.

VGKslZNN3JdnJs8DtM9R483kbDNLBa35OlydutqbPywq9RA_BUVO5Wtr5HccBsIcKMLvYtd2nfTC1c8asVCirnWDsueEiGOUeCcJ4xPneQS5u2yxGLvkx_hkCBTrHQBeeE5dOYycqGGMXmZaW7WLvdtu4nuhi0-HxSI

chinu

chinu
Ive done what i set out to do in spades. Now i am happy to relax, enjoy life and guide my kids on their journey.

Of course that involves a lot of doing too but that's life
Happy to relax means.. you want to work less, more less, day by day.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Clara Tea

Why do people want:
  1. More money even after attaining the desired amount ?
  2. More name fame even after attaining the desired name fame ?
  3. Even more less-work after attaining the desired job ?
Is it possible to get all (3) three fulfilled at the one same time? If yes, then give me the solution.

If NOT, then what are you trying for in this world, actually ?

Or, tell all the funny things that you’re trying.

We are serially immortal through our progeny and our works. Our lives end, our children's lives continue our legacies. We spend a lifetime amassing assets, only to pass them to the next generation because we can't carry those assets to heaven. Carnegie, after starting out poor, then enslaving child workers who would often lose arms in his machinery, left legacy of ornate libraries (interpreted as a hand up, not hand out), but the real purpose of the charity was to emblazon the Carnegie name throughout history. What good is fame at the cost of human suffering? Some leaders pass their kingdoms to their idiot kids, and increasingly dim the cerebral wattage with each passing generation.