• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are you trying for in this world ?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
How much are they? Here 2 days ago I paid $1.79 Canadian for one. They do get cheaper by a bit during Mexico's peak season.

At the moment about 2.50euro each thats close to 4$ Canadian i think. They are only just in at thr supermarkets. The price will drop to about 1/2 that in a few weeks

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!

If NOT, then what are you trying for in this world, actually ?

Or, tell all the funny things that you’re trying.

We don't need more than we have, but I would like some more.

So 'want' and 'need' are different feelings.

I need for nothing more.
But I would like to be able to buy a nice new electric car including battery ownership. I'm just interested in them but they are rather expensive at this time.

I know I can buy a 2nd hand Riva G-Wiz for about £2000 but my wife researched them and discovered that they can be squashed flat in an accident, so she's banned me from having one of those. *sobs*

So please can I want a nice wad even though I don't need it? :)

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
what are you trying for in this world

Not much any more except to stay alive through this pandemic. Like @ChristineM , we've accomplished our goals, which was to live a safe, comfortable life of free from tedious labor and free from want, surrounded by love, friends, and beauty, being relatively healthy, and to make a positive difference to our community.

Of course, we also want the respect and affection of friends and neighbors, and to live without guilt, shame, blame, or regret.

These days, much of that is on hold until we can get out of the house and be with other people again.

How much are they? Here 2 days ago I paid $1.79 Canadian for one. They do get cheaper by a bit during Mexico's peak season.

We are Americans living in Mexico. Mangoes grow here, and we have friends with mango trees, and so can get them free (true for avocados as well). But in the market, they are presently $19.9 MXN (pesos) / kilo - about $1 USD / 2.2 pounds. I don't know how many mangoes are in a kilo, but I imagine 2-3.

MNoBody

Why do people want:
  1. More money even after attaining the desired amount ?
  2. More name fame even after attaining the desired name fame ?
  3. Even more less-work after attaining the desired job ?
Is it possible to get all (3) three fulfilled at the one same time? If yes, then give me the solution.

still chopping wood and hauling water, however, the view has changed significantly.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Why do people want:
Is it possible to get all (3) three fulfilled at the one same time? If yes, then give me the solution.

I want to understand the Universe on a deeper level than anyone else if it helps us improve society and the kingdom of God.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Why do people want:

I am trying to Experience the world, and what it has to offer, for the Earth is Divine.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

Trying to get @Wu Wei to recognize that Biden vs Trump is a consequential choice.

Trying to get our golden retriever to go swimming.

But the biggest joke of all is trying to get my wife to agree with me on any number of topics.

But beyond my feeble attempts at humor, there's a true master:

“Broken Wind believed that we are traumatized as babies by intestinal gas or colic. The great shaman invented a technique called "gastral projection" to help release these traumas. His philosophy was simple: "To air is human ... but to really cut one loose is divine.”

― Swami Beyondananda

“He studied with the guru of rock n’ roll, Baba Oom Mow Mow, who taught his own version of the Golden Rule: "Do wop unto others as you would have them do wop unto you.”
― Swami Beyondananda