• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are you thankful for today?

Melody

I think sometimes we tend to focus on what is going wrong in our lives and forget that there are also some pretty wonderful things happening at the same time. So, what are you thankful for? I hope this is the right venue for this....

For some reason lately, I have been running across so many articles about countries and cultures where women are little more than chattel. They are taught from birth that everything they have in life is at the whim of a male and they are denied the opportunity to live up to their full potential. Where female circumcision is practiced because of a lack of knowledge and/or some ridiculous sense of honor.

So, today, I am particularly thankful that I live in a country and culture where women have the opportunity to use their God given abilities and take them in whatever direction they like. Where women, as a general rule, are seen as valuable assets. Where men, as a general rule, are not threatened by a woman's sexuality.

What are you thankful for....and remember, this is a discussion thread...not a debate.

alexander garcia

Hi, I am thankfull I have been given the blessing of knowing the Almighties name and sharing it with you. His name is YAHVAH. Call on him and He will show you great things.

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
First I would like to point out that all my thanks are to God and to God alone!

I am thankful that Allah is my God, Lord and Creator.
I am thankful that I have faith in Him.
I am thankful that I have so great parents.
I am thankful that I have great brother and sisters.
I am thankful that I love and I am loved.
I am thankful that I can see, hear, talk, touch, walk, laugh, taste and feel.
I am thankful for the guidance that I have.
I am thankful for the knowledge I have.
I am thankful for all the countless bounties that I am and will be uncapable to count.
I am so thankful for being a Muslim.

Peace

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
I have a roof over my head, no money worries, a fit and healthish wife, two sons graduating from Uni.

I do this regularly, because I suppose I ought to feel extatic; unfortunately, I always seem to find my focus on the 'not so good'. I wish I knew how to change that habit.

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
michel said:
unfortunately, I always seem to find my focus on the 'not so good'. I wish I knew how to change that habit.

Whenever you find yourself focusing on the 'not so good', try to shift your focus on the good you have, the blessing and the bounties that God have bestowed and still bestowing on you. Try to compare the blessings you have with what you call the "not so good" and surely the scale of the blessings and bounties will over weight.

Peace

jewscout

Religious Zionist
I am thankful that everyday becomes a little bit better and better and the pain is less and less:)

PureX

Veteran Member
I took my sister and my niece to an Ani Difranco concert last night, and we all had a great time even though we got soaked by the rain and got lost for an hour in downtown Pittsgurgh (as usual). I got to share something I like doing with the people around me. That's always good.

Then today I took the day off from work, just to relax.

evearael

I am blessed to be alive.
I am blessed to have a loving husband.
I am blessed to have a happy daughter.
I am blessed with a kind mother.
I am blessed with a hilarious father.
I am blessed with a pair of amazing sisters.
I am blessed to have my awesome friends.
I am blessed to have my wonderful extended family.
I am blessed to have my interesting inlaws.
I am blessed my loved ones are clothed, fed and have a roof over their head.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I think today would be a good day for me to be thankful for one friend in particular who seems to make the world a bit better place whatever she touches of it.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Seems like I often toss around in my mind what I am thankful for. I can't decide if it's my Christian influences or not...this verse comes to mind that I like very much: Collosians 3:15-17

[FONT=CAC Camelot, Times New Roman, serif][FONT=arial, helvetica]"And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in the one body. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly; teach and admonish one another in all wisdom; and with gratitude in your hearts sing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs to God. And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him."

I am truly thankful first of all to any person on the planet who is kind to me or loves me. Nothing else matters in this life really. I'm thankful for my husband, kids and family. And also very thankful that I have a great life. :)
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

fromthe heart

I'm thankful for the pain I endure...It could be worse...it could be something like cancer to rob me of life or anything worse. I'm grateful for the comfort of my family who don't mind cutting a shopping trip short because I'm unable to go on...I'm thankful for all the members who pinch hit for me here at RF when I feel too bad to be on here. I'm thankful that no matter what problems we have we are not alone...we here at RF despite our religious differences are there for each other!

I'm most thankful for God who sustains me through ALL of my lifes trials!!:)

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
This morning I am so thankful to the two great souled women I just recently jointly dedicated a poem to. They are both among the most beautiful spirits I've ever known in my life, and I hope so much that the joint dedication of the poem will seed a friendship between them that both will cherish.

Bishka

Veteran Member
I am thankful for my apartment, I am thankful for my new job, i am thankful for being able to go to school, I am thankful for just about everything.

anders

Of all the things I'm thankful for, most of them probably by sheer coincidence happening after my stroke cum brain infarction, leaving me in some ways incapacitated but with a surviveable disability pension, as No. 1 I rank the inspiration to make-belive adopt a fellow student of university Chinese. I'm 63, she's 25. Think of any desireable aspect, she's got it, inside and regarding her exterior. She works several jobs to finance her Masters in chemical engineering, soon finishing, works very often in her uncle's restaurant to 1) help him out and 2) earn money for her studies, and sends more money than she really affords to her biological parents in a distant country so that they can repair their house etc. etc. etc.

Drawing heavily on my understanding of Buddhism, I'm so grateful that she gives me the opportunity (which I fortunately have) to act as the non-failing support she so far hasn't quite had in this country.

And not just today (referring to the OP), I'm thankful that I am used to a host (really, 3) of lovely nieces, so that I don't have to fight any improper feelings towards my invented "daughter".

evearael

Life, love and the fact my daughter has not only taken a nap, but actually seems to be coping better with teething! Yay!

Melody

I'm on day 4 of trying to convert to vegetarianism and thankful that I haven't killed anyone yet. The day isn't over though.