• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are you currently playing?

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
People often confuse graphics with aesthetics.

Graphics are limited by technology; bad graphics are only bad if they're not up to the industry's technological standards, and it's only a problem if a designer is trying to engage players via spectacle.

Aesthetics are how appealing something is to the eye, and while it is subjective, there are some general rules to follow. These rules are in place regardless of technology.

The games I'm going to make are limited in their graphical scope, simply because of my own limitations as a computer artist(3D modeling confuses me). To compensate, I have to be VERY careful in how my games look aesthetically.

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
People often confuse graphics with aesthetics.

Graphics are limited by technology; bad graphics are only bad if they're not up to the industry's technological standards, and it's only a problem if a designer is trying to engage players via spectacle.

Aesthetics are how appealing something is to the eye, and while it is subjective, there are some general rules to follow. These rules are in place regardless of technology.

The games I'm going to make are limited in their graphical scope, simply because of my own limitations as a computer artist(3D modeling confuses me). To compensate, I have to be VERY careful in how my games look aesthetically.

Yeah, this is a good way of putting it. I agree.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
With my PS3 disc drive dead, I have began replaying Champions: Return to Arms, which I have never actually fully finished. And then after that it will probably be emulators on my Xbox.

Nyingjé Tso

Tänpa Yungdrung zhab pä tän gyur jig
Following the closing of Shin megami tensei online, I'm on Guild wars 2 for now, I like it but... It's hard to play alone when you're new to the game ! :D

Kalidas

Following the closing of Shin megami tensei online, I'm on Guild wars 2 for now, I like it but... It's hard to play alone when you're new to the game ! :D

I stopped Guild Wars 2 the only MMO I play now is Eve Online.

Currently playing "The Forest" its in open Alpha. It's a "deserted" island survival simulator. Remember when i said "deserted" yeah not deserted at all you get attacked by crazy tribal cannibals.

Nyingjé Tso

Currently playing "The Forest" its in open Alpha. It's a "deserted" island survival simulator. Remember when i said "deserted" yeah not deserted at all you get attacked by crazy tribal cannibals.

Yeah, I saw Pewdiepie playing it a little bit and I love the concept !

But uh well you know I'm... Quite... Easily scared and quite uncontrollable when stressed (I can't play scary games, I mean, I start making weird high pitched noises and I stress easily ahah xD)

So can it be played in some kind of "peaceful mode" when the survival side is still there bu no stealthy creepy tribe people to eat you ? :D

Kalidas

Yeah, I saw Pewdiepie playing it a little bit and I love the concept !

But uh well you know I'm... Quite... Easily scared and quite uncontrollable when stressed (I can't play scary games, I mean, I start making weird high pitched noises and I stress easily ahah xD)

So can it be played in some kind of "peaceful mode" when the survival side is still there bu no stealthy creepy tribe people to eat you ? :D

I love the Pewds!

Not yeah it is early release open ALPHA.. not even in beta yet. Pretty creepy game, you can even make "effigies" out of stick rocks and body parts. Hell I think you can even be a cannibal yourself...

Nyingjé Tso

I love the Pewds!

Not yeah it is early release open ALPHA.. not even in beta yet. Pretty creepy game, you can even make "effigies" out of stick rocks and body parts. Hell I think you can even be a cannibal yourself...

Oh yissss playing as a cannibal can be a funny idea ! But yeah too bad for the early alpha... seeing the price, I though it was at least a beta version ! That's a little expensive for an alpha.

Weird thing is, I can work on horror games but I cannt play them... good thing I can watch pewds to catch up.

Kalidas

Oh yissss playing as a cannibal can be a funny idea ! But yeah too bad for the early alpha... seeing the price, I though it was at least a beta version ! That's a little expensive for an alpha.

Weird thing is, I can work on horror games but I cannt play them... good thing I can watch pewds to catch up.

He is going to wait for some of the bugs to get fleshed out. Yeah it is costly for alpha but they are a group of indies (only 4) so they need the sales to help assist the game creation.

You think being a cannibal would be funny? We must be long lost friends lol. I tend to like being pretty "evil" in games.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
I love the Pewds!

Never could get into PewDiePie for some reason(don't ask; nothing against him, I'm happy for his well-deserved success, just a je ne sais quoi), but I saw Markiplier play it, as did the (far lesser known) Two Awesome Gamers. I'm definitely interested; this one looks way better than most other Early Access survival games out there.

...well, that and Stomping Grounds. ^_^

It is nice to see developers branching out away from zombies. I think the Early Access model is kind of a shaky way to do it, so I won't be getting these ones just yet, but give it about half a year, and depending on the situation, I'll be picking them up.

Last edited:

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
Well, i've started a few games, but I quickly stopped playing them. The only one's im sticking with are SMB3 and Zelda: A Link to the Past.

On LttP, I've been beating one dungeon a day and im now on the 4th dungeon in the dark world, the one located in the Village of Outcasts.

On SMB3, im in the 6th world, Ice World. Not playing that one every day, though.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Got back to Darksiders and Darksiders2!

I'm really disappointed at DS2 :(. I enjoyed it the first play through, seems like replayability value of this game is very low!

DS1 however seems more replayable and I'm enjoying it more!

kashmir

Currently the PC version of Nascar 14, pretty fun, you get to completely design the car, all the way to the shock pressure and weight control..
And set the car up for each race, exactly as if it was real life.
If anyone else plays it I have a code for free unlimited game cash. :D

For some reason though danica patrick keeps wrecking me. :(
They set the game up like real life, and she cant drive to save her life and wrecks everyone. lol
She sure is a cutie though

DanicaGoDaddy.png

Kalidas

Started playing League Of Legends again. Had some cool moments recently, like that penta kill I got with Vi in literally less than a second.

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
Started playing League Of Legends again. Had some cool moments recently, like that penta kill I got with Vi in literally less than a second.

Ah LoL :D

I used to play it a lot until recently. I dont have very fast internet where I am right now, so I haven't gotten to play it much lately.

What's your favorite lane to play?

Huey09

He who struggles with God
The puppeteer if you have a ps3 this baby is an underrated treat. Each level is played like a scene in a puppet play with the an audience gasping at dangers and cheering your character as he does amazing feats. Lots of fourth wall leaning and cute jokes. I seriously recommend it :D