• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are you currently playing?

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
A great game for those who like J-RPGs and who like their games super-duper-mega-ultra-long. I'm 30 hours in and not even close to a third of the way done. There are people who, just following the main story and none of the side stuff, clock in at around 100 hours of game play.

p5_13_cs1w1_400x.jpg

Jesster

Friendly skeptic
Premium Member
Other than LARP, I haven't really been gaming much. I had to miss this month's game, but I will be at next month's.

Oh nice! If we're including this kind of gaming, I play a lot of tabletop RPGs. 5th edition D&D has my attention lately.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Oh nice! If we're including this kind of gaming, I play a lot of tabletop RPGs. 5th edition D&D has my attention lately.
After larping I'm not sure if it would be fun to go back to tabletoping it or not. It's so enjoyable it even sucked some of the enjoyment out of the Elder Scroll games. Chanting your spell incantations and swinging a "weapon" around is so much more fun that pushing a button, and building character relations that have no pre-determined parameters from the game designers makes the game such a thrill even though it's very hard for me to get into the more imaginative parts, like that according to the game I'm fighting against demons or werewolves or wraiths and not just going up against whoever that person is.
I think it's also been helping me a bit with my Asperger's and socializing, as it puts me "out there" to basically do some impromptu acting.
It's also had a side effect of being wonderful for my self esteem, as I'm "ahead of the curve" regarding age, with most other players ranging from late teens to mid 20s, but yet I'm still one of the fastest runners, quickest on my feet, I don't wear out and tire as quickly as others, and I have several more years "backyard sword 'fighting'" experience than they do leaving only a few who can give me a challenge. And I'm known as the "dark elf with pretty hair." :D

illykitty

RF's pet cat
I haven't been playing Sims 2 much lately, partially because I haven't finished modding my game yet, but also because Sims Online is so addictive!

I've been too tired though to play most of the time though. I've been slowly progressing in Bravely Second as well. I've got over 70 hours in that game, not at the end yet!

Nyingjé Tso

Tänpa Yungdrung zhab pä tän gyur jig
Gah, wish I could do LARP ;___; lucky youuuu

Came back on gw2 for some reason and stuck to it, am shamelessly still hyped for the next expansion

Some Spiro 2 occasionally with my dearest too :p

Aum Namah Shivaya

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
The two members of the larp group I started with are returning, neither my friend or myself really even consider them friends anymore, and we are already conspiring in game stuff against them.

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
A great game for those who like J-RPGs and who like their games super-duper-mega-ultra-long. I'm 30 hours in and not even close to a third of the way done. There are people who, just following the main story and none of the side stuff, clock in at around 100 hours of game play.

p5_13_cs1w1_400x.jpg

I finally, finally, F I N A L L Y beat this game. Managed to get the true ending as well.

And it only took me 93 hours.

Saffer

Decided I'd give Fallout 4 another go. It's actually sobering to see all the skeletons and their implied last moments of life. War ever changes, right? :/

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Skyrim

I erased all of my characters, most notably a level 77 Khajiit and a level 49 Nord. Switching back and forth between another Khajiit, currently level 20 something and a level 18 Nord. Role playing both characters a bit differently from the other two.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Replaying Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. I'm doing a 100% run through, farming only one weapon (Muramasa) and grinding its attack level, and no other farming or grinding.
Took my 3 and a half hours to completely clear the Regular Keep, and it looks like I'd be able to clear the Inverted Keep in about 2 and half to 3 hours, but the Muramasa grinding was a lengthy pit stop, just to get it up to 100 (it caps at 999).
I might also have to try and beat my speedrun record, which was about 3 hours total last time.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I've still to complete all the campaigns of Sudden Strike 4, but so far it's much easier than its predecessors. What do you think?

I agree it really does seem easier this time around. I'm playing on normal settings.

I really enjoyed the challenge with all the original sudden strikes from Fireglow and sudden strike 2 and sudden strike forever. It's among one of my most favorite RTS war games involving a slower pace with more realistic ballistics and equipment as well as the micromanagement like resupplying ammo, fuel, repairing, crews for vehicles and the like. It makes for far better immersion and challenge then any arcade type RTS. I also played the Blitzkrieg series but damn my windows doesn't support it anymore.

I think sudden strike 4 however is missing some of the key elements that its predecessors had, diminishing the challenge somewhat.

I kind of wish Kite Games hadn't removed some of the key components that made the other sudden strike games considerably harder and more challenging.

I'm still enjoying sudden strike 4 though, it's definitely worth the money IMO. And the graphics and attention to detail by the way ..drool..

Damn that game is gorgeous to look at. Just wish I could have zoomed in a little closer for immersion. :0)

Saffer

I agree it really does seem easier this time around. I'm playing on normal settings.

I really enjoyed the challenge with all the original sudden strikes from Fireglow and sudden strike 2 and sudden strike forever. It's among one of my most favorite RTS war games involving a slower pace with more realistic ballistics and equipment as well as the micromanagement like resupplying ammo, fuel, repairing, crews for vehicles and the like. It makes for far better immersion and challenge then any arcade type RTS. I also played the Blitzkrieg series but damn my windows doesn't support it anymore.

I think sudden strike 4 however is missing some of the key elements that its predecessors had, diminishing the challenge somewhat.

I kind of wish Kite Games hadn't removed some of the key components that made the other sudden strike games considerably harder and more challenging.

I'm still enjoying sudden strike 4 though, it's definitely worth the money IMO. And the graphics and attention to detail by the way ..drool..

Damn that game is gorgeous to look at. Just wish I could have zoomed in a little closer for immersion. :0)

I see. I totally get what you're saying. I would have been surprised to see a vanilla-esque Sudden Strike game. Even Blitzkrieg 3 is a bit more streamlined, but harder than Sudden Strike 4 in my opinion. I've admittedly struggled getting back to Sudden Strike and Blitzkrieg after spending quite a few years on the Company of Heroes games, but I like how Sudden Strike 4 treats infantry. When I first picked up CoH, I was surprised to see how many hit points infantry units had; this was after I completed Blitzkrieg 1 and 2. In Blitzkrieg infantry die like flies if they're not accompanied by armor or supported by artillery. So compared to Blitzkrieg 3 (which I only gave about 3 hours) Sudden Strike was much more tolerant with regards to infantry tactics. Just the fact that your units can be healed, and that some may take some time to bleed out, helped me get back into that genre of RTS.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I see. I totally get what you're saying. I would have been surprised to see a vanilla-esque Sudden Strike game. Even Blitzkrieg 3 is a bit more streamlined, but harder than Sudden Strike 4 in my opinion. I've admittedly struggled getting back to Sudden Strike and Blitzkrieg after spending quite a few years on the Company of Heroes games, but I like how Sudden Strike 4 treats infantry. When I first picked up CoH, I was surprised to see how many hit points infantry units had; this was after I completed Blitzkrieg 1 and 2. In Blitzkrieg infantry die like flies if they're not accompanied by armor or supported by artillery. So compared to Blitzkrieg 3 (which I only gave about 3 hours) Sudden Strike was much more tolerant with regards to infantry tactics. Just the fact that your units can be healed, and that some may take some time to bleed out, helped me get back into that genre of RTS.
I've always enjoyed slower paced thinking person strategic games that oftentimes punishes you for mistakes. Sudden Strike always had that element and I was afraid Sudden Strike 4 was going to be made into a shell of it's former self.

While it did fall a degree from my expectations in respect to past Sudden Strike games, it wasn't totally a bad game either. I would probably rate it a 6 or 7 above average out of 10 only because of missing game elements, and various tweaking that changed the nature of the game into something simpler and less challenging.