• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are you currently playing?

Sir Doom

Cooler than most of you
Have been playing a lot of Left 4 Dead 2. I know, its old. But that's what I'm playing!

God No Star is my Steam name if anyone wants to shred zombies with me :)

Oh, I've also been playing through all the old school GTA (3, vice city, san andreas, 4) and I recently acquired Mount and Blade: Warband (which I recommend for anyone who likes medieval action/RPG).

NoraSariah

Left 4 Dead at the moment until I get a playstation for my birthday. I might try another playthrough of Gears of War.

kashmir

I love Nascar 2014 on my computer, its addicting and hard as heck.
If anyone else plays it, I have a code for unlimited $$$ :p

NFS online, would be so much fun if I had friends that played too.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Pokemon LeafGreen (Halfnuz run; see thread).
Pokemon FireRed (Normal run)
Persona 4 (First time playing. This game is GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS!!!)
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (for WiiU)

I'm going to try to do an Earthbound playthrough soon, as well.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Did you play any Persona or Shin Megami tensei game before ?

I briefly tried Persona 3, but some of the imagery in the beginning of that game made me too uncomfortable to play more than an hour.

Largely because it seemed as if shooting oneself in the head with some kind of magic gun is what gave super-powers. Considering my own aversion to suicide due to my brother losing his best friend to it, AND the high-suicide rates in Japan, that made me too uncomfortable.

It's not a criticism against the game, just an aspect of it that makes me, personally, uncomfortable.

I have played the first couple of hours of the first Shin Megami Tensei *edit*. I love it, since it's basically a proto-Pokemon with fusions and an adult storyline, but I have trouble following through on it for some reason (it's a problem I've been having with a lot of classic JRPGs lately).

Last edited by a moderator:

Nyingjé Tso

Tänpa Yungdrung zhab pä tän gyur jig
Yes, I understand how you must have felt for P3... Personally I was already very familiar with Jungian psychology (P3 and P4 are HEAVILY working with it) so it was not really "kill yourself, get magic powaaarz" but more some kind of death to the ego or the self, to let the true self or our own shadow appear.
Something like that...

Haven't find a working translation of the first SMT yet, wow o_O the main series have always been pretty much hardcore, but I managed to finish most of them :D (yes, you have a hardcore SMT fan here)

I would greatly recommend Noctune III (Lucifer's call in Europe...) bascially, it's SMTIII. The first in 3D... It's my favorite ! And it's easier to take a hand on it (I have trouble with some controls on snes).

Digital Devil Saga is awesome too, very emotional, with an awesome storyline. You can easily find Nocturne III and DDS for ps2 *edit*. The cell shading of those games is really impressive considering their age :

tumblr_mmwtl3RhRg1rsgdgao1_500.jpg

If you have a DS on your hand, you can also try SMT strange journey... It was a proto-SMT IV coming back to the good old first person dungeon crawling with animated demon sprites with glowing eyes... With a very nice storyline and beautiful artworks.
1181807-maya.jpg

Devil survivor (first and second) are also very good, not old school oriented but more manga style and modern like Persona series. It's a very nice turn based tactical rpg too

Sorry I just...
I just love megaten so much ;____;

(and it is also very rare to meet people that appreciate SMT too)

illykitty

RF's pet cat
Well I'm going off on holidays soon, but when we come back, there's a high chance our internet is going to be faster (they're upgrading it but IDK when it's going to be done).

So I'm going to [play] the XenoSaga series *edit*. I bought the second game in the series but found out the the first and third never came out in the UK. WHY? And why do the second game but not the first, makes no sense! :facepalm:

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
** MOD POST **

As a reminder guys, keep in mind copyright issues when discussing gaming;

6. Illegal Activities
Encouragement of others to participate in any activity that is illegal under U.S. laws is prohibited. This includes the use of illegal drugs, infringement of intellectual property rights, all violent crimes, terrorism and any/all criminal activities. Mentioning of engagement in any illegal activity, such as the above or others is also prohibited. Religious allowances are not basis for exemption from moderation. Members are only allowed in some cases to mention their engagement in activities that are illegal under U.S. laws if said activities are not illegal in the member's own country/state.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Hooked on Reaper of souls, the expansion (or completion) of Diablo 3.

Currently, in hardcore mode, at Paragon Level 103 1/2 :)

Note: It is so much harder now....

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
Just been playing Super Mario Bros. 3 a bit. It's nostalgic and fun. Old platformers are still my favorite kind of games. It's tough, exciting and simple, and it reminds me of my childhood :)

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
I just beat Twisted Metal 2 again last month (I used to love that game as a kid, the best in the series, and came up to the game at a garage sale... couldn't resist!) Awesome, still the best game in history.

I plan on playing Left 4 Dead 2, I beat the first a long time ago.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Planning on replaying Darksiders2. It is unfortunate that it does not support multi monitor side spanning :(

Just been playing Super Mario Bros. 3 a bit. It's nostalgic and fun. Old platformers are still my favorite kind of games. It's tough, exciting and simple, and it reminds me of my childhood :)

Yeah, game pads do wonders for those games emulated on PC :)

Here is my recorded full gameplay of the game Golden Axe 3 I told you about. It was never released in North America (so I hope it does not break the Illegal Activities rule), so I can tell why you never heard of it before:
[youtube]0o4QYNfsvUM[/youtube]
Golden Axe 3 - second full play through the long route on hard - YouTube

The gamepad did wonders in this gameplay :)

I just beat Twisted Metal 2 again last month (I used to love that game as a kid, the best in the series, and came up to the game at a garage sale... couldn't resist!) Awesome, still the best game in history.

Same here. It had the best music, gameplay mechanics, characters and cut scenes of all the franchise, but somewhat bad graphics since it is old!

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Same here. It had the best music, gameplay mechanics, characters and cut scenes of all the franchise, but somewhat bad graphics since it is old!

The bad graphics only tickle my nostalgia a little more... Have no problem with them

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Picked up a copy of Sleeping Dogs dirt cheap. Been having fun with that as well as playing the Gears of War series through again. The immersion is awesome.

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
Today feels like a video games sort of Saturday. I played some more SMB3 and will continue Majora's Mask in a little bit.

The bad graphics only tickle my nostalgia a little more... Have no problem with them

Me too. Love playing things that I used to play when I Was a kid.

I could never understand those guys who would say they can't stand to play old games because of bad graphics. Graphics are cool, but they are hardly a deciding factor as to whether a game is worthwhile to play. Nowadays, I think they can only be a factor because so many games are lacking in substance, so the only real criteria that sets a lot of games apart is their graphics.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Just to be on the safe side, I didn't mean bad graphics hurt the fun and greatness of games. Bad graphics are just bad graphics :)

Otherwise, why would I still play games like Volgarr the Viking and Valdis Story? Two of the best games (platformers) I played lately by the way!

Last edited: