• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are you currently playing?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I just checked and I have only two more missions left. I was expecting the game to be longer than it is, about as long as KOTOR, at least another 10-20 hours, especially for a first play.
I have to say though, compared to KOTOR it's a major let down. One of the odd things in the game is the elcor state their emotions, kinda like the assassin droid HK-47 in KOTOR states what kind of sentence he is saying.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I just checked and I have only two more missions left. I was expecting the game to be longer than it is, about as long as KOTOR, at least another 10-20 hours, especially for a first play.
I have to say though, compared to KOTOR it's a major let down. One of the odd things in the game is the elcor state their emotions, kinda like the assassin droid HK-47 in KOTOR states what kind of sentence he is saying.

Which Mass Effect are you playing, SW?

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
I cannot tell you how much I am enjoying ESO right now. I have a level 12 Nightblade Bosmer, a Level 9 Breton Sorcerer and a Level 8 Nord Templar. I am going with typical builds at the moment (except for the nord which I made two handed). When I finish one of those characters I am going to create a battle mage.

The characters are adorable, its pretty and I have the hots for the elves.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I cannot tell you how much I am enjoying ESO right now. I have a level 12 Nightblade Bosmer, a Level 9 Breton Sorcerer and a Level 8 Nord Templar. I am going with typical builds at the moment (except for the nord which I made two handed). When I finish one of those characters I am going to create a battle mage.

The characters are adorable, its pretty and I have the hots for the elves.
Can you still do custom classes?

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
Can you still do custom classes?

You choose one of 4 classes to get 3 special skill lines and then you can choose anything in the other skill lines (like weapon based, magic based etc). Its kind of like a mish mash between how they did Oblivion and Skyrim but obviously they had to try and mash it with MMO styles. It works really well I reckon. You can upgrade your skills to have additional bonuses as well.

I can pretty much choose sorceror which would typically just be a mage. But I can pick up any weapon and start improving my skill level and spend points on the weapon related skills if you get my meaning.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I wanted to kill someone for killing someone (removing ME1 spoilers) on Virmire, but at least I got to send that someone on a suicide mission.
I hope that person doesn't return, because I take killing my crew seriously.
And I have to wonder, how in the hell can the Mako take me playing Tony Hawk on the mountainous planets, pulling spins and flips and pushing the suspension so far that it declares the Normandy isn't the engineering feat, but rather the Mako which apparently provides such a comfy ride that my crew hasn't barred me from driving, yet it can't take a loogie from a Thresher Maw, and Geth missiles really hurt it. But plummeting several stories down off a mountain while doing a 360 spin with a 180 twist does nothing to it.

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
I wanted to kill someone for killing someone (removing ME1 spoilers) on Virmire, but at least I got to send that someone on a suicide mission.
I hope that person doesn't return, because I take killing my crew seriously.
And I have to wonder, how in the hell can the Mako take me playing Tony Hawk on the mountainous planets, pulling spins and flips and pushing the suspension so far that it declares the Normandy isn't the engineering feat, but rather the Mako which apparently provides such a comfy ride that my crew hasn't barred me from driving, yet it can't take a loogie from a Thresher Maw, and Geth missiles really hurt it. But plummeting several stories down off a mountain while doing a 360 spin with a 180 twist does nothing to it.

I hated the Mako. I had so much trouble trying to direct it lol.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I'm in the mood the play Rampage: World Tour. But I don't have access to the N64 version--my favorite over the arcade on PS1 version--which is a problem. I have the cartridge, but my ex took the N64 with her when we broke up since mine quit working after a series of unfortunate events, and because she paid for the replacement it went with her. And N64 emulators suck, so that isn't much of an option. I have it on the XBox Midway Arcade Treasures, but you can't pick your character and I don't like playing as George.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
As I'm trying to find my way around this base, a thought occurred to, and I had to share it.
I wonder if the internet and sites like Gamefaqs is the reason that so many games anymore hold your hand throughout, show you exactly were you need to go, and have made things such as getting lost and trying to find your way through such a rarity in gaming anymore? Why have people search for hours--or even days--on end, as was the norm for games in previous consoles, when so many have no patients and do not desire the challenge and will look it up any ways?
My next thought to ponder is why games have gotten so much easier over the years? When I try to think of a list of games that are hard, there are very few of them them aren't NES, SNES, or Sega Genesis. With each new console generation, the games, for the most part, keep getting easier and easier. I have only one game on the PS3 that I consider to be hard, and that Demon's Souls. The rest are just far too easy or are trying in regards to how long they take, such as the super-long dungeons of Star Ocean: The Last Hope, which pales in difficulty compared to Star Ocean: The Second Story (PS1).

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
As I'm trying to find my way around this base, a thought occurred to, and I had to share it.
I wonder if the internet and sites like Gamefaqs is the reason that so many games anymore hold your hand throughout, show you exactly were you need to go, and have made things such as getting lost and trying to find your way through such a rarity in gaming anymore? Why have people search for hours--or even days--on end, as was the norm for games in previous consoles, when so many have no patients and do not desire the challenge and will look it up any ways?
My next thought to ponder is why games have gotten so much easier over the years? When I try to think of a list of games that are hard, there are very few of them them aren't NES, SNES, or Sega Genesis. With each new console generation, the games, for the most part, keep getting easier and easier. I have only one game on the PS3 that I consider to be hard, and that Demon's Souls. The rest are just far too easy or are trying in regards to how long they take, such as the super-long dungeons of Star Ocean: The Last Hope, which pales in difficulty compared to Star Ocean: The Second Story (PS1).

I think they have gotten easier over the years because of morons like me that need a little direction sometimes otherwise we don't get it or we just give up. I think they should have a game mode you can pick in which you dont get any hand holding and have to figure it out yourself. I think another factor is it just isnt adults playing game anymore, a lot of young ones are playing now too.

At least with Skyrim you could choose to have no quest selected at all.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Yeah, but when I was a kid our attention spans were about 8 seconds, which seems comparatively good...
I was about to say I'm old enough that I had to learn three-letter state abbreviations as a kid (In America), but when I went to look up exactly when we switched to two-letter abbreviations I realized the internet is wrong, because it didn't happen in '63 (usps.com), and I was only one in '87 (wikipedia), so it wasn't then because I had to learn them in school during the 90s. But we did have mail orders till, as in filling out a form, often in a magazine, sending it in, and then waiting six-to-eight weeks for whatever to arrive.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I was about to say I'm old enough that I had to learn three-letter state abbreviations as a kid (In America), but when I went to look up exactly when we switched to two-letter abbreviations I realized the internet is wrong, because it didn't happen in '63 (usps.com), and I was only one in '87 (wikipedia), so it wasn't then because I had to learn them in school during the 90s. But we did have mail orders till, as in filling out a form, often in a magazine, sending it in, and then waiting six-to-eight weeks for whatever to arrive.

You were only 1 in '87???
But...but...that makes you a young 'un!!

Actually, I didnt really mean my comment as a generational thing, but more the impact of environment. I'm less patient than when I was younger, and less patient than when I lived in Papua New Guinea. The ability of the world to mostly cater for this lack of patience seems to slowly reinforce it iver time.