• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are you currently playing?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I have no issues with any dlc but I own each one. So either your install needs to be checked, if using steam, or just reinstalled. The only other ideas that come to mind are a part of the current game become dependent on older dlcs which you may not own or game patches which fix a dlc you do not own created in error. The game dev's patches do not treat dlcs as individual addition to an existing game but as part of the current game itself.

*coughs* Dodgy rips *coughs*

I buy games these days, but at the time I didn't have easy access to Steam, etc, and ripped this. When running the game, it doesn't always recognise the DLC. Sometimes it does, sometimes not so much. I suspect it's something not quite right with the files, etc.
Kinda serves me right.

Whiterain

Get me off of this planet
Battlefield 4 and Mass Effect is about all I play lately.

I picked up GTA 4 and didn't really dig the story, although it is funny. The MP is over run with cheaters.

Witcher 3 is incredible but it's a little to much for me, I'm easily overwhelmed. I like slightly more linear games with immediate action.

I get overwhelmed in MMO's and super massive rpg's. I did put 123 hours in SKyrim before I made it to the end. Didn't finish the DLC.

I love Skyrim however, I was still overwhelmed. 123 hours, that's nothing in contrast to other players with thousands.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Back to Darksiders 2 after finding a way to control the FoV. It was a problem that ruined 75% of the fun specially in combat.

Now I can finally play the game the right way after 3 years of release.

Edit:
This of course applies to the PC version only. Hard luck, console people. Now that's one more thing to choose PC gaming over consoles haha.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Back to Darksiders 2 after finding a way to control the FoV. It was a problem that ruined 75% of the fun specially in combat.

Now I can finally play the game the right way after 3 years of release.

Edit:
This of course applies to the PC version only. Hard luck, console people. Now that's one more thing to choose PC gaming over consoles haha.
PC gaming has always been far superior. It may not have all the great titles, such as Golden Eye, Perfect Dark, Zelda, or Metroid, but PC gaming has always been way ahead of consoles. And of course many types of games, such as RTS, just should not be played on a console.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
PC gaming has always been far superior. It may not have all the great titles, such as Golden Eye, Perfect Dark, Zelda, or Metroid, but PC gaming has always been way ahead of consoles. And of course many types of games, such as RTS, just should not be played on a console.

I'm a console person, and still end up doing a bunch of gaming on my pc, since there are some genres which are complete pants on consoles.
It's nice when I can buy a disk, and be guaranteed it will work, and will be smooth (eg. Witcher 3 on my PS4) but there are so many quirky indie games, etc, that offer a more rounded gaming experience than most console 'switch off your brain' games.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Computing gaming is obliviously nicer but very expensive.
I've built up quiet a good sized collection of cheap games from Steam. I only paid a couple of bucks for Torchlight 2, several free MMOs (including the first Ever Quest, which I didn't even think would still be active after so many years), and plenty of them I barely paid anything for. But, alas, for my laptop there are not many choices for Linux.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I've built up quiet a good sized collection of cheap games from Steam. I only paid a couple of bucks for Torchlight 2, several free MMOs (including the first Ever Quest, which I didn't even think would still be active after so many years), and plenty of them I barely paid anything for. But, alas, for my laptop there are not many choices for Linux.

Yeah...ive started doing this also. Transportability between laptops is important for me. There are some good cheap indie games around now which are fun

dust1n

Zindīq

It's not the games, as much as the video card, the processor, and the amount of energy needed. Computers can be killer on electric bills.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Yup, PC or console gaming have their own virtues that the other can never so far achieve. That's why I used the expression "a reason to get it over the other" instead of "better than" as I stated my specific reason.

And by the way, the trick I mentioned is not an official update/fix/DLC of something, it is a Cheatengine hack (a software to hack values on any program and change/freeze them). All one had to do was find the values of the FoV to change it as desired. Such method generally allows any one to create any cheat for any game :)

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It's not the games, as much as the video card, the processor, and the amount of energy needed. Computers can be killer on electric bills.
It doesn't have to be expensive though. You may not be able to play with the graphic settings on high, but you definitely do not need a high-end system to enjoy PC gaming.
And, when compared to console gaming, it's really not that much more expensive.

Baladas

An Págánach
Agarest was OK I thought. I actually have the collector's edition of Zero.
Have you ever played any of the Disgaea games? It too is a strategy RPG. There is a lot to learn in them, a ton of stuff to do, and even a grid system that puts a puzzle-game aspect into the battles themselves with various colored squares and colored cubes that have to be positioned correctly in order to set off a chain reaction when one cube is destroyed to change the colors of those squares to the color of the cube, which if done correctly will cause another cube to be destroyed, changing the color of other squares, destroying more cubes, changing more squares, and so on. Figuring out that system is how you get bonuses, which is how you get higher quality items.
And items themselves you even have to level by going into "item world," which is a series of battles (up to 99 with the highest-quality of items), with each completed level adding one level to the items level.
And then their is the senate and voting on issues that change various things in the game (and you often have to fight them and be very high level to beat them in order to pass you issue), creating the characters for your party, and reincarnating characters to level them up again and make them even more powerful. And there is also a bunch of post-game material.

Ah, well it was worth a shot. :D
No, I haven't tried them, but that sounds really interesting and fun. I will definitely try to get into the series when I can. :D

Laika

Premium Member
Civilisation: Beyond Earth.

I bought it after I heard the Soundtrack on the radio and listened to it over and over again on Youtube, plus I like Sci-fi so it appealed. Reviews are mixed as alot of people thought it was dissapointing compared to Civilisation 5. I haven't played Civ5, but I think it is fair to say that don't buy it for the full price as your wasting your money. It looks good, sounds good and has some good ideas, but somehow that hasn't really turned into a good gameplay experience. It's like a movie where everything is great except the acting. If You can just about shake it off it is an enjoyable way to kill a few hours, but you are left wanting.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I just played Mario Kart 64 for awhile. It's probably my least favorite in the series.
I tried playing the PAL version of Twilight Princess, but I couldn't find a way to switch it to German, which makes it rather pointless for me to play the PAL version. Which sucks because I was looking forward to adding a third Zelda title in German to the list that I have beaten (A Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time being the two I have beaten).
I'm thinking about maybe replaying Champions: Return to Arms. Maybe Star Ocean: The Last Hope, but good god some of those dungeons are really long.

paula109

Assassin's Creed
o.png

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I want to try and get in Enternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem, but the game play is just so terrible I can't stand to play it for very long.
I wish they still made RPGs like they did back on the SNES and PS1. I wish there would have been a great RPG for the N64, just to know what that would have been like, but we didn't get to experience Metroid 64 either.

I wouldn't mind something colorful and pretty, and gory at the same time, like Lollipop Chainsaw, and not to mention it has a great soundtrack. I need to get some more PS3 games for moments like this, to play those games I haven't got through or very far into, because I'm about through all those games. Two Worlds 2, Resonance of Fate, and Mass Effect are the only games I have left like that to make it through. And also Skyrim, but my first two PS2s had problems with it, and I haven't tried on my current one, and I've grown too fond of the PC plugins I have for it.
Maybe I'll give Resonance of Fate another try. I've heard it's really good, but I've also heard a lot of good things about Mass Effect, and I have been very unimpressed so far. I also heard a lot of good things about Halo, but that one was really lame as far as shooters go.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Currently doing an Insanity play through of Mass Effect 2. Beat ME1 on insanity last week. Downed Collector Vessel, here I come.