• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are you cooking?

Orbit

I'm a planet
U.S. Thanksgiving/Indigenous People's Day is coming up. What are you cooking?

We're roasting a chicken (because it's just the two of us, a turkey would be overkill), making candied yams, chicken gizzard dressing, deviled eggs, and pumpkin pie. What will you be cooking?

Lain

U.S. Thanksgiving/Indigenous People's Day is coming up. What are you cooking?

We're roasting a chicken (because it's just the two of us, a turkey would be overkill), making candied yams, chicken gizzard dressing, deviled eggs, and pumpkin pie. What will you be cooking?

A pan of cornbread. Two pans of cornbread even. A pie if possible. Roasted veggies. Fried rice. Popcorn. Greens (maybe collard). So far nothing else has been decided. It'll come together soon enough.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Probably the traditional turkey etc. But with a few twists. My brother and his family are mostly vegetarian. But they do make exceptions. Thanksgiving is one of them. So I roast the turkey, do the stuffing, which of course means in the bird, and make the gravy. They do the veggies. There will also be some hard core vegetarians there which means that there will be fried gluten. And since we have roots in Minnesota one of the starches will be wild rice. Not a mix of white and wild, but straight wild rice.

They are also Seventh Day Adventists. That made me change my mother's stuffing recipe. She used to make a batch of Jiffy Cornbread to add to the stuffing. While listening to a radio show where they rated different cornbread brands that was one that was highly rated, and yet it was the least expensive by far. They asked the chef and host how it could taste that good and he matter of fact replied "Oh, it's the lard." Oh well. That was it for that particular ingredient.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
On Turkey Day....
No thanks will be given.
No aboriginals will be abused.
But a turkey will have given its life for our enjoyment.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't really care about Thanksgiving Day. I don't understand the purpose, and was never a fan of the food(even before vegetarianism), so I just don't see why. We don't go out of our way to celebrate it on our own, but will attend the celebrations of others if invited.

A friend of ours asked if he could come over and order everyone pizza or Chinese. I'm fine with that. I'm hoping for Chinese, personally, but we'll have to see what's open.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I don't really care about Thanksgiving Day. I don't understand the purpose, and was never a fan of the food(even before vegetarianism), so I just don't see why. We don't go out of our way to celebrate it on our own, but will attend the celebrations of others if invited.

A friend of ours asked if he could come over and order everyone pizza or Chinese. I'm fine with that. I'm hoping for Chinese, personally, but we'll have to see what's open.
And the ad featured right below your post on my tablet?

Natural American Wagyu Whole Beef Boneless Striploin

An entire beef wagyu loin for $539. A little too rich for my blood.