• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Are You A Member Of?

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
What do you belong to?

What did you belong to that you don't anymore?

I belong to:

The Eastern Order of International Co-Freemasonry
OBOD(Order of Bards, Ovates, and Druids), though I haven't been active in quite a few years

I used to belong to:

Girl Scouts
Unitarian Universalists
Fellowship of the Sacred Winds(a group started by myself and friends, that is no longer running)
YMCA(I miss the Y. Stupid Covid...)
AODA(Ancient Order of Druids in America)

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Toastmasters International (I would like to go back when do speeches in person instead of on video)

Sokai Gokai International (Offshoot of Nichiren ShoShu Buddhism sect)

Unitarian Universalist (though, we haven't met for over a year-it seems like I left though I know a few people there)

I don't stay in groups very long. I get bored to easily.

Deidre

I joined a women's group recently, at my church. I'm normally not into groups, but I really like this group of women, and I'm hopeful we get into charity work and such.

I belong to a nature hiking/running group, and also book club. Due to Covid, both have been on hold. I was the facilitator of the book club, and it wasn't easy to manage. lol

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
What do you belong to?

I belong to:

OBOD(Order of Bards, Ovates, and Druids), though I haven't been active in quite a few years

I used to belong to:

Girl Scouts
Unitarian Universalists
Fellowship of the Sacred Winds(a group started by myself and friends, that is no longer running)

I tried to join up with the Lunatic Fringe, but they wouldn't take me. ;)

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I don't usually do clubs but i am a member of the local friendship society, (its a french thing) and the rugby club.

As a child i was in the brownies (junior girl guides/scouts) but left when i had to move up to the guides.

I considered mensa once, as they say its the thought that counts

Edit: spelling fixed

Last edited:

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
What do you belong to?

I belong to:

I used to belong to:

Girl Scouts
Unitarian Universalists

I belong to this online forum of people who argue a lot over religion and politics....

Most normal people think I am insane for participating in the group, but I guess that is why I am here with people who actually understand why.... ( a topic that has probably been argued about many times on the forum since some probably say that we can never know absolutely why we do what we do).

Apart from that, I do not belong to anything besides the group of idiots always speaking ro me in my own head.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Not a member of anything now but was a member of the Scouts, and where I gained an interest in so many outdoor activities through them - such as rock-climbing, caving, camping, sailing, etc., and I also was a member of a couple of caving clubs for some time as well. I also was a member of a yacht club once, where I raced a sailing dinghy before crewing on members' yachts, chartering yachts for holidays, and later getting my own boat.

exchemist

Veteran Member
What do you belong to?

I belong to:

I used to belong to:

Girl Scouts
Unitarian Universalists
I used to belong to:
The Chemical Society.
A rowing club on the Thames.
2 choirs.

Now, I belong to one choir, currently suspended because of the virus. And I'm a member of my local RC church congregation, though that too is suspended.

Hermit Philosopher

Selflessly here for you
I don't and haven't ever really belonged to anything. :( I don't know if that's good or bad.. it just is :)

Dear Batya

To not belong to any particular, is to belong in general. It is an honest approach for we are all, only ever responsible for our own contribution to a whole.

Humbly
Hermit