• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are the Key Theological Differences between Islam and Christianity Regarding Concepts of God

What are the key theological differences between Islam and Christianity in regards concepts of God

• Total voters

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
Thanks. I know that passage in The Kitab-i-Iqan very well.
How do you explain the passage in the Qur'an as being incorrect? Has the Qur'an been corrupted?

Its simply saying they killed Him but they didn't kill His spirit.

"The crucifixion as recounted in the New Testament is correct. The meaning of the Qur'anic version is that the spirit of Christ was not crucified. There is no conflict between the two."

(From a letter written on behalf of Shoghi Effendi to an individual believer, July 14, 1943; in Lights of Guidance, no. 1646)

"Regarding your question relative to Surih 4, 156 of the 'Qur'an' in which Muhammad says that the Jews did not crucify Jesus, the Christ, but one like Him; what is meant by this passage is that although the Jews succeeded in destroying the physical body of Jesus, yet they were impotent to destroy the divine reality in Him."

(From a letter written on behalf of the Guardian to an individual believer, March 19, 1938; in Lights of Guidance, no. 1669)

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Its simply saying they killed Him but they didn't kill His spirit.

"The crucifixion as recounted in the New Testament is correct. The meaning of the Qur'anic version is that the spirit of Christ was not crucified. There is no conflict between the two."

(From a letter written on behalf of Shoghi Effendi to an individual believer, July 14, 1943; in Lights of Guidance, no. 1646)

"Regarding your question relative to Surih 4, 156 of the 'Qur'an' in which Muhammad says that the Jews did not crucify Jesus, the Christ, but one like Him; what is meant by this passage is that although the Jews succeeded in destroying the physical body of Jesus, yet they were impotent to destroy the divine reality in Him."

(From a letter written on behalf of the Guardian to an individual believer, March 19, 1938; in Lights of Guidance, no. 1669)
Not that I question Shoghi Effendi, but I still do not understand... Who was the one like Him (Jesus)?
It says in the Qur'an: "but [another] was made to resemble him to them." Who would that be?

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
Not that I question Shoghi Effendi, but I still do not understand... Who was the one like Him (Jesus)?
It says in the Qur'an: "but [another] was made to resemble him to them." Who would that be?

Christ's physical body.

Kelly of the Phoenix

A little research will tell anyone who really cares will quickly show one that Jesus was forgiving for people and Muhammad was very cruel to people in general.
I didn't know attacking people with a whip was forgiving.

Muhammad had sex with children
Mary wasn't exactly 30, either.

the murder of other non-believers
The entire bible, then.

Being an atheist I would choose Jesus to be the winner of this comparison.
Jesus only had a few years to preach, compared with other religious founders. His own apostles were berated for not understanding him, making him sound like an incompetent teacher. Jesus wasn't interested in helping anyone in a long-term fashion. Muhammad, at least, tried to reform society (how effective is debatable, but at least he didn't just preach to sit on one's butt waiting for God to come and fix everything).

Muslims seem to worship a stone in the desert (Kaaba stone), I think that is the greatest difference.
Yeah, crosses are much more civilized.

In addition there is nothing in the Bible specifically and explicitly about Islam.
And Jesus isn't in the OT, but here we are.

OTOH Islam, Judaism, and the Baha'i Faith are all clearly monotheistic.
And all Abrahamic religions have polytheistic roots they can't excise 100%.

Really... before the throne...Iblis and the angels....really !
Who built the throne, and how did Adam get there.
I've wondered why we have thrones in heaven when supposedly no one is righteous so no one can see God and yet somehow we still have someone describing what's there.

Then why bow to Kaaba, after all, shouldn’t God be greater than single spot on earth?
And Judaism has the Temple and Christianity has a ton of tourist traps, which is all these things really are.

I mean, we're so crass now we have a couple of theme parks devoted to cash grabs, I'm sorry, "holiness".

There is not a single Muslim in the world who believes that Jesus died on Cross, it is so clearly mentioned in Quran.
And I only agree to the extent that people of the time had a poorly executed method of determining "deadness".

So, according to Muslims Jesus never needed to be resurrected from the dead as he never died on Cross in the first place. Hence Jesus was never God as per Quran/Islam/Muhammad.
Being resurrected doesn't make anyone a god. Lots of people get declared dead and then SURPRISE!

There is not a single Christian, in my knowledge, who does not believe that Jesus died a cursed death on Cross for the sinful Christians.
I stopped believing it. It's abundantly clear he died because the Romans considered him a traitor/religious terrorist. If Jesus were to come to the US, we'd slap him in Gitmo.

Jesus as per the Christian faith Jesus got resurrected to life from the dead, and hence he was God
Yeah, but like I said, it doesn't follow.

he sat on the right hand of God, assuming all-power
Seriously, how would anyone know? Did he send back selfies?

And [for] their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah ." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain.
Surah 4:157
The funny thing is, I feel it's a valid conclusion from biblical evidence. His own apostles, who had been with him 24/7 for God knows how long, couldn't tell it was him and despite the fact Jesus was supposedly turned into hamburger meat, it only mentions the risen Jesus as having the holes in his arms (somewhere) and the side piercing, IIRC. After just 3 days everything heals except about three puncture wounds AND they still can't figure out it's him? I call shenanigans.

How could such people be made the victims of the avenging wrath of God, the omnipotent Avenger?
Isn't that Scarlet Witch? :p (j/k)

The major problem with the Muslims is they see the gospels as totally corrupted.
But again, when you look at the history of the bible, their argument isn't without merit.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Muslims often see the Baha'i Faith as an apostasy or false as they consider Muhammad was the last prophet.

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-Muslim-view-of-the-Bahá’í-Faith
Yes, I know that. Baha'is are not in complete disagreement with the Muslims since we believe that Muhammad was the Seal of the Prophets, the last Prophet in the Prophetic Cycle of religion.

I just watched that video Top Ten Reasons Why Jesus is Not God that was posted on this thread and it said that Muslims are waiting for Christ to return. So it would seem to me that if the Muslims understood that Baha'u'llah was the return of Christ and not just another Prophet we could potentially be on the same page. Another thing I read online is that Muslims believe that the Mahdi will correct what Christianity got wrong about Jesus. Wasn't the Bab considered the Mahdi and didn't He correct that?

I am kind of awed right now because I am ashamed to admit I really did not know much about Islam till I watched that video. I just learned something about what Muslims believe from watching it. What Muslims believe about God is exactly what Baha’is believe about God. It is all in the Qur’an. I really liked the way they described God on the video, while they were explaining why Jesus cannot be God.

One difference between Islam and the Baha’i Faith is as you know that Baha’is believe that Baha'u'llah was the Return of Christ and the Messiah promised in the Old Testament as well as the Promised One of all the other religions, whereas Muslims believe that Jesus Christ is yet to return to earth. The other difference between Muslims and Baha’is is that Muslims believe that Muhammad was the last and final Prophet that will ever come to earth whereas Baha’is do not believe there will ever be a last or final Prophet.

As you know, Baha’is believe that Muhammad was the last Prophet in the Prophetic Cycle of religion, why He was called the Seal of the Prophets. We believe that the Bab and Baha’u’llah ushered in a new religious cycle called the Cycle of Fulfillment, because they “fulfilled” all the prophecies in the Bible and the Quran and all the other religions that preceded them.

Like Baha’is, Muslims believe that Messengers of God have come to earth since the dawn of human history. There are no other religions that teach this. The difference is again is that Muslims believe that Muhammad was the last and final Prophet, just as Jews believe that there will be no more Prophets after the Prophets in their scriptures.

What all the older religions have in common, including Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Buddhism and Hinduism, is that they are all waiting for “a Messiah” that was prophesied in their scriptures. Baha’is believe that Messiah has come and gone and his name was Baha’u’llah: Prophecy Fulfilled Webpage

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
In addition there is nothing in the Bible specifically and explicitly about Islam. It didn't emerge until at least 550 years after the first gospel was written.
But according to that video I just watched made by Muslims, there are references to Muhammad in the Bible, right?
What about the first, second and third woes verses?

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
And Jesus isn't in the OT, but here we are.

Considering Jesus lasted just 3 years in His brief tenure as Messiah and His Teachings should have been dead and buried when He died a criminal's death, Christianity has proved remarkably resilient don't you think.

And all Abrahamic religions have polytheistic roots they can't excise 100%.

The Baha'i Faith doesn't lol.

The funny thing is, I feel it's a valid conclusion from biblical evidence. His own apostles, who had been with him 24/7 for God knows how long, couldn't tell it was him and despite the fact Jesus was supposedly turned into hamburger meat, it only mentions the risen Jesus as having the holes in his arms (somewhere) and the side piercing, IIRC. After just 3 days everything heals except about three puncture wounds AND they still can't figure out it's him? I call shenanigans.

We've had this conversation. I'm a doctor, you're a nurse. Don't nurses defer to doctors opinions in your country :p

But again, when you look at the history of the bible, their argument isn't without merit.

There is some merit to their argument, for certain, but its a matter of degrees. Muhammad specifically instructed HIs followers to believe not just Him but in all the prophets including Moses and Jesus. Conveniently for the Muslims they only legit record they have is the Qur'an.

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
But according to that video I just watched made by Muslims, there are references to Muhammad in the Bible, right?
What about the first, second and third woes verses?

I haven't seen the video but intend to when I have time. The reason I've recently created two threads on Islam and Christianity is so I can learn more about Islam.

I was careful to say there is nothing specific and explicit. Prophecy is there for a reason but can be interpreted in many ways.

According to some Baha'i academics the three woes refer to the Islamic, Babi, and Baha'i dispensations.

I've seen one Baha'i start a thread on the book of revelation on RF that just sounded crazy. So while prophecy has its place using it too much can make us look like fruit cakes! There's much better ways of teaching the faith IMHO.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I haven't seen the video but intend to when I have time. The reason I've recently created two threads on Islam and Christianity is so I can learn more about Islam.
That certainly is a good way to get information, from those who are members of the religions. That is how I learned most of what I know about Christianity, but of course Christians disagree on so many things, so I get mixed messages. It seems like Muslims are mostly on the same page. :)

I always said that if I had not been a Baha'i, I would be an agnostic or a deist, but it is possible I would have been a Muslim since their beliefs are so close to Baha'i beliefs. I also like their sense of humility and reverence for God. I have never seen an arrogant Muslim on a forum. I do not consider the terrorists to be Muslims. :oops:

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
That certainly is a good way to get information, from those who are members of the religions. That is how I learned most of what I know about Christianity, but of course Christians disagree on so many things, so I get mixed messages. It seems like Muslims are mostly on the same page. :)

I always said that if I had not been a Baha'i, I would be an agnostic or a deist, but it is possible I would have been a Muslim since their beliefs are so close to Baha'i beliefs. I also like their sense of humility and reverence for God. I have never seen an arrogant Muslim on a forum. I do not consider the terrorists to be Muslims. :oops:

I doubt if the are too may Al-Qaeda operatives on RF lol.

When I was a teenager I managed just fine without religion. I never thought I would become a member of a religious faith let alone one with a strange sounding name.

In my twenties I realised I needed God. I became a Christian but the Baha'i Faith made much more sense and was inclusive. I investigated Buddhism and Hinduism as the mysticism appealed.

I've come to love the Teaching of Muhammad, but that's really been through being a Baha'i. I'm really excited to be learning more here on RF. Unfortunately RF can be very anti-Islam at times so it just drives the Muslims away.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I doubt if the are too may Al-Qaeda operatives on RF lol.

When I was a teenager I managed just fine without religion. I never thought I would become a member of a religious faith let alone one with a strange sounding name.

In my twenties I realised I needed God. I became a Christian but the Baha'i Faith made much more sense and was inclusive. I investigated Buddhism and Hinduism as the mysticism appealed.

I've come to love the Teaching of Muhammad, but that's really been through being a Baha'i. I'm really excited to be learning more here on RF. Unfortunately RF can be very anti-Islam at times so it just drives the Muslims away.
I would have guessed you were raised as a Christian, you know so much about Christianity. :)
I was not raised in any religion, both my parents had dropped out of Christianity before the kids were born. I cannot even recall believing in God before I became a Baha'i.

I was not looking for a religion or for God when I found out about Baha'i in my first year of college from my older brother. Both my sister and I became Baha'is two weeks after that. I did not join because I felt I needed God, but because of what I saw in the Baha'i teachings.

I did not do much with the Bahai Faith for most of my life and I am still not active in the community, but at least I am trying to learn more now and I am reaching out to people online, making the Baha'i Faith known and answering questions people might have. I am also trying to improve my character and get closer to God, whatever that means. :oops:

I never was very close to God and I do not feel close now, because I was alienated for so many years. That has nothing to do with Baha'u'llah, I never lost my faith in Him. I think it is really an emotional problem I have more so than a spiritual problem, because I have suffered so much in my life and I cannot help but blame God for some of that. I know that is not right to blame God but I just cannot change it because it makes no sense to me that an omnipotent/omnibenevolent God would allow suffering unless someone brought it on themselves. I get all caught up in logic. :rolleyes:

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
I would have guessed you were raised as a Christian, you know so much about Christianity. :)
I was not raised in any religion, both my parents had dropped out of Christianity before the kids were born. I cannot even recall believing in God before I became a Baha'i.

I was not looking for a religion or for God when I found out about Baha'i in my first year of college from my older brother. Both my sister and I became Baha'is two weeks after that. I did not join because I felt I needed God, but because of what I saw in the Baha'i teachings.

I did not do much with the Bahai Faith for most of my life and I am still not active in the community, but at least I am trying to learn more now and I am reaching out to people online, making the Baha'i Faith known and answering questions people might have. I am also trying to improve my character and get closer to God, whatever that means. :oops:

I never was very close to God and I do not feel close now, because I was alienated for so many years. That has nothing to do with Baha'u'llah, I never lost my faith in Him. I think it is really an emotional problem I have more so than a spiritual problem, because I have suffered so much in my life and I cannot help but blame God for some of that. I know that is not right to blame God but I just cannot change it because it makes no sense to me that an omnipotent/omnibenevolent God would allow suffering unless someone brought it on themselves. I get all caught up in logic. :rolleyes:

Thank you for sharing your story.

I attended church and a Christian based programme until about age 12. In my teens, I wasn't too interested in religion but my school principal was a strong Christian.

I did well at school and gained entry into medical school so that involved moving city for my university studies. First year away was disastrous, I became depressed, and my life unravelled. I dropped out of university to search for the meaning of life. That led me back to my Christian roots and then the Baha'i Faith. I was attending a Baptist church just before becoming a Baha'i.

Once I became a Baha'i I overcame my depression and went back to medical school. I married and had children. I've been on my local assembly for nearly 20 years and I so enjoy being of service and being part of a community.

I've had a lot of hard times in my early life that I wouldn't want to post about here. There are a number of things that could have crippled me emotionally but through prayer and living the life God has assisted me to overcome seemingly insurmountable obstacles and not let my past define me. When I pray and read the writings daily, and do what God expects of me life goes well and I'm happy. When I neglect my spiritual life, I struggle.

Only God knows each of us and what our capacity is. We are the only ones that can read the reality of our own lives. The best we can do is life one day at a time. Thanks again for sharing. Its an amazing privilege to be a Baha'i. We learn from each other and the video link you posted yesterday on another thread about who Baha'u'llah is in relation to Christian prophecy, I've posted twice today. Keep up the great work.:)

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Thank you for sharing your story.

I attended church and a Christian based programme until about age 12. In my teens, I wasn't too interested in religion but my school principal was a strong Christian.

I did well at school and gained entry into medical school so that involved moving city for my university studies. First year away was disastrous, I became depressed, and my life unravelled. I dropped out of university to search for the meaning of life. That led me back to my Christian roots and then the Baha'i Faith. I was attending a Baptist church just before becoming a Baha'i.

Once I became a Baha'i I overcame my depression and went back to medical school. I married and had children. I've been on my local assembly for nearly 20 years and I so enjoy being of service and being part of a community.

I've had a lot of hard times in my early life that I wouldn't want to post about here. There are a number of things that could have crippled me emotionally but through prayer and living the life God has assisted me to overcome seemingly insurmountable obstacles and not let my past define me. When I pray and read the writings daily, and do what God expects of me life goes well and I'm happy. When I neglect my spiritual life, I struggle.

Only God knows each of us and what our capacity is. We are the only ones that can read the reality of our own lives. The best we can do is life one day at a time. Thanks again for sharing. Its an amazing privilege to be a Baha'i. We learn from each other and the video link you posted yesterday on another thread about who Baha'u'llah is in relation to Christian prophecy, I've posted twice today. Keep up the great work.:)
Thanks for sharing your story. :)

My childhood was one of emotional abandonment by both parents and my husband had the same experience, except he also had some physical abuse. He was raised as a Christian but it never took. His dad was a doctor and both his dad and mom came from upper crust WASP society in Georgia. He saw a lot of hypocrisy in Church because all they seemed to care about were material things. His parents divorced when he was only about eight years old and his father remarried twice. His mother later questioned whether God existed but his dad became a Baha'i after he married for the third time. My husband found out about Baha'i from his father.

My mother found out about Baha'i from my brother and became a Baha'i at about age 60. My dad died about ten years before that, when I was 12, so he never heard of the Faith. I later heard from my mother that he became an atheist after he left Christianity.

All my childhood deprivation caused serious emotional problems I would rather not share here which I suffered through alone for about 12 years; although I was living with my mother we were not close. Then I went to a psychiatrist when I was about 31 and about a year later I got married. We just had our 33rd anniversary. Owing to our childhoods we never had any children, but we have had loads of Persian cats who we love dearly.

It took over 15 years of counseling, 12 step programs and homeopathy to really recover from my childhood issues. I had been on psychotropic drugs for the first five years but they only masked my depression and anxiety, they never cured it. During that time in recovery I was not engaged with the Faith or thinking about God at all. I spent over 15 years in college and I got several degrees, the last ones were an MA in Counseling Psychology and Homeopathic Medicine. I never used those for a career as I had planned to because too many things happened that intervened, so I needed to keep working for the state in order to support myself, since I was the primary breadwinner. My husband also worked for the state for 23 years but he did not make much money.

I am grateful for the Faith while at the same time I feel very overwhelmed by the responsibility because I take it so seriously. I did not have that problem until about the last five years since I had all but shirked the Faith and God. Now I am in for the long haul I guess. :oops:

My husband had been a nurse (LPN) for about 20 years before we married and went to three schools for RN, but never completed them. He was a good student but the emotional problems got in his way of the clinical work. So he changed careers and went into clerical work. I was never good in the hard sciences in college, especially the biological sciences.

Since you are a doctor I am sure you know about hereditary dispositions. Both of my parents had depression and anxiety and it was endogenous, so all three of us children inherited that predisposition. The homeopathy helped me a lot but I will always have a tendency to be depressed. That is one reason I try to stay busy all the time and I do a lot of physical exercise.

I only wish I could say that it helps to turn to God, but I think what I have is physical and not spiritual, so I can only do what I can do, but I won't ever take drugs again. It is not really all that bad but life just gets me down and I do have a lot of pressures most people my age do not have; three houses and two with tenants, and 11 cats. That is a lot to take care of while still trying to work full time and serve the Faith.

I am old enough to retire and we have plenty of money and assets, I just cannot make decisions. I suspect it is the depression and anxiety but I am not sure, so I just live one day at a time, fully in the present. If I think about the future, I will surely get depressed but I cannot really say why. I have good health, a nice husband, financial security and a religion I love and believe in with absolute certitude. I just feel overwhelmed most of the time. Probably that is because I am driven and I try to do too much. :eek:

I really need to make peace with God before I die. I think that my sharing the Faith is one way I do that. I figure that even if I do not get it right in a personal relationship with God at least a lot more people will know about the Faith as a result of my constant posting. Maybe they will have more luck with God than I have. :rolleyes: I also post on another forum on a limited basis, mostly to a few agnostic and atheist friends I have there who I have known for many years. :)

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
Hello.

God in Quran clearly deny that He has son, and said Jesus(pbuh) was just messanger as others.

Jesus(pbuh) never said that he is God,never asked his followers to pray him,and he never wanted to sacrifice himself on cross. that's all about claims/opinion of authors.

I recommand to watch this video about Jesus(pbuh) divin.

This is an excellent video thank you. Its good to have an ex-Christian minister explain Islam to a Western audience.

I'm pleased that the speaker makes extensive reference to the bible instead of rejecting it as corrupted. Its actually not hard to have the gospels reconciled with much of Islam and the speakers do this well. However Paul's theology can also be reconciled to much of Islam too as far as I can see.

Islam sees Mary the mother of Jesus as the greatest woman ever and has an entire chapter in the Holy Quran devoted to her. I don't know how well known that fact is amongst Western audiences.

Last edited:

Kelly of the Phoenix

Considering Jesus lasted just 3 years in His brief tenure as Messiah and His Teachings should have been dead and buried when He died a criminal's death, Christianity has proved remarkably resilient don't you think.
And the 4th of July was just a noisy day in some parts of the continent, but we keep going on and on about it.

The Baha'i Faith doesn't lol.
Well, I will be honest here and claim ignorance. However, if it is related to the Abrahamics, by default it has at least distant roots.

We've had this conversation. I'm a doctor, you're a nurse. Don't nurses defer to doctors opinions in your country :p
I've had too many bad prescriptions to trust doctors completely. It's our job to fix their messes. :p

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
paarsurrey said:
he sat on the right hand of God*, assuming all-power**

Seriously, how would anyone know? Did he send back selfies?

This exposes the narration of Gospels, neither G-d revealed it on Jesus nor anybody could see it to happen and witness it.

Regards
*Mark 16:19
19 After the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, He was taken up into heaven and sat down at the right hand of God.
http://biblehub.com/bsb/mark/16.htm

** my understanding from it.

Yeah, crosses are much more civilized.

Disciples of Jesus should not worship crosses. If cross is the symbol for this:

Then Jesus said to his disciples, "If anyone desires to come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
Matt. 16:24

It is very different thing.

It is a good question and relevant to this thread. Have you asked the Muslims?

I think I have, but no one has given any good answer to that.

Christians of course have no obligatory prayer and no requirement set down as how often to pray. It is left to the believers although Christians I know would try to pray at least once daily.

In your experience do Christians pray to Jesus, through Jesus to God, or both?

I think many pray Jesus. But if Christian means disciple of Jesus, I think they should pray as Jesus taught:

Pray like this: 'Our Father in heaven, may your name be kept holy…
Matt. 6:9

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
I think I have, but no one has given any good answer to that.

I think many pray Jesus. But if Christian means disciple of Jesus, I think they should pray as Jesus taught:

Pray like this: 'Our Father in heaven, may your name be kept holy…
Matt. 6:9

Muhammad succeeded in uniting a disparate and barbaric group of tribes on the Arabian Peninsula. They were pagans and with great effort and sacrifice He taught them to be like the Jews and Christians and worship the One True God. They still needed a focal point to direct their worship and given the Kaaba’s history with His people, that’s what made sense at the time. Unlike Jesus teaching almost an exclusively Jewish audience who had 1500 years of grappling with Mosaic law, the Arabian peoples had no such history. Even the Jewish temple needed a system of sacrificial offerings that appear primitive in hindsight. When Jesus came He became the new temple. That would have been a bridge too far for the Arabs. God teaches in accordance with the capacity of the peoples.

The Lord’s Prayer remains one of my favourite btw.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Islam and Christianity are the two largest world religions. Both believe in One God therefore being monotheistic. Both believe their respective founders Muhammad and Jesus brought a Revelation from God. Both have books, the Qur'an and Gospels that provide a record of their Founders Teachings. However the two appear to have some significant theological differences in regards their concepts of God. What are those differences and why?

I've made a small list of what appear to be the major differences. Please indicate if you agree with the options provided and feel free to offer any additional points of difference you believe should be added or removed.

I would not be overly surprised if there were at least one Christian denomination that has a smaller distance from Islam than from at least another Christian denomination.

Ciao

- viole