• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are the biggest misconceptions about lhp

I fond religions interesting,there are so many of them ,many with vast beliefs. I don't know much about things like satanism beyond what I read so if you follow a LHP what are common misconceptions people have about your faith

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
That it has to be dark, violent and selfish. I encounter that with in the lhp community too. (though not here so much)

That it has to be dark, violent and selfish. I encounter that with in the lhp community too. (though not here so much)

a lot of satanist seem that way. i mean of course their are people in all religions that dont know what the hell they are talking about but i think its worse when the religion is alreay badly stereotyped

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
That it is about blaspheny / heterodoxy, that it is dark and negative, that it is about absolute selfishness, that it is about worshiping evil entities, and that Satan and Lucifer are the same entity (and that I care even the slightest bit about Christian beliefs).

Premium Member
Don't get wrong, if a LHPer want to shove a cross up their *** because it's somehow liberating then more power to them. But it's not what the path as a whole is about.

Iti oj

Premium Member
That the lhp lph do not mix. always makes me face palm

dyanaprajna2011

Dharmapala

I hope I'm not out of place posting in the LHP DIR, but I want to point out something about this. I used to know a card carrying member of the Church of Satan, and she was one of the nicest people you could ever meet.

Iti oj

Premium Member
I hope I'm not out of place posting in the LHP DIR, but I want to point out something about this. I used to know a card carrying member of the Church of Satan, and she was one of the nicest people you could ever meet.
See the Buddhist knows....
To be honest i have the most issues with this with in the lhp community itself.

I am not a satanist nor have a been a satanist nor do i use satanic symbolism, so im not LHP enough for them.

Gah

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep

I am not a satanist nor have a been a satanist nor do i use satanic symbolism, so im not LHP enough for them.

Gah
The way I see it, if Satanism is meant to be the antithesis of the Christian Church, then it would be filled with lovable scamps, as opposed to straight-laced jerks.

Iti oj

Premium Member
The way I see it, if Satanism is meant to be the antithesis of the Christian Church, then it would be filled with lovable scamps, as opposed to straight-laced jerks.
hahahahahhahahahaahhahahahahahahah
:yes:
Take that you scoundrels :slap:

Premium Member

Gah

You know, I have never been told I am not LHP by a Luciferian, Setian, Thelemite, LHPer not associated with any path... only self proclaimed Satanists have told me I am not LHP, not worthy of it, things along those lines.

Iti oj

Premium Member
You know, I have never been told I am not LHP by a Luciferian, Setian, Thelemite, LHPer not associated with any path... only self proclaimed Satanists have told me I am not LHP, not worthy of it, things along those lines.
I'm having issues with in other groups of luciferians but they seem so satanic to me :shrug:

Premium Member
I'm having issues with in other groups of luciferians but they seem so satanic to me :shrug:

Ah, the "luciferians" who accept christian misinformation you mean? Yeah, don't be too offended.

Orias

Left Hand Path
What are the biggest misconceptions about the LHP?

Nothing really, considering human psychology 50% of all things you hear are 50% true. The remainder isn't excluded from any of this, its just a bit farther down the road if you know what I mean. So the remaining 50% of what you hear is also 50% true.

I guess what I'm trying to say is there is no 100% truth, except for the things you will never say or tell to others. Misconceptions are simply truths that are no longer relevant to the current position or conception of whatever topic is being discussed.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I gotta confess, some of the responses in this thread make me wonder yet again WTF LHP is in the first place. >_>

Orias

Left Hand Path
Knowing is half the battle. There is left then there is right, how they appear to be is how they appear to differ.

But how they actually are is an entirely different story. When you look at humans, of all races, gender and being, they are all bound by the same thing, which is often described in a variety that is reflective upon the species itself. But no matter how many varieties of labels are used to describe this singular point, its still just that, a singular point.

Last edited:

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Here is my cracked-pot mystic interpretation of the LHP: it's the female path, specifically the maternity ward, in that the people are laboring to give birth to themselves.

How far off base am I? :confused:

Iti oj

Premium Member
Here is my cracked-pot mystic interpretation of the LHP: it's the female path, specifically the maternity ward, in that the people are laboring to give birth to themselves.

How far off base am I? :confused:

Haha so wonderful. May I use this in the future/