• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are some original allegories/parables that you can come up with?

Pear

Do not steal these from the Bible, etc. Come up with some on your own. I just thought I would ask this to see peoples ideas on certain subjects.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
This is the parable of the pear tree. One day while I was out walking I asked a pear tree to tell me a parable. The pear tree answered, I do not make those kind of pears and neither does my fruit. So I went on my way.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
There was a computer team with a self replicating virus, which always found ways to fool the system...

Thus the easiest method to capture the so called, "Smith Virus"; was to let it catch its self, in its own trap.

Where by placing a riddle in the code, the overly agitated virus being robotic; would automatically fail to see the blatant.

As it only looks for calculations that fit its own paradigm; as no one taught it how to think for its self.

Now the programing team has an option, to recode the virus by the knowledge it already accepts from within or wipe the system again, removing all accept for the Core.

..... :innocent:

Electra

If you are not looking - you will see nothing.

If you look too closely - you will only see dots.

If you take a step away, you can connect the lines.

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
One day there was a man, he did not steal his parables from the Bible or any other holy scripture. He lived happily ever after. The end.

Mrpasserby

Do not just Believe 'Become', I am Sufficient.
Do not steal these from the Bible, etc. Come up with some on your own. I just thought I would ask this to see peoples ideas on certain subjects.
First initiation:

One day a young Apprentice Mage decided that he felt that he was ready to pass his first initiation.

He went to his master and said, ‘master I have studied all of the books that you have graciously given me to learn from and, I now believe that I am ready to pass my first initiation.

Startling the young mage his master jumped high up into the air and slammed down the glass jug of water that he had been drinking out of onto the floor so hard that he and, the young mage was both splattered by the water.

The young mage thinking that he had done something to upset his master timidly said, ‘master I will get some towels and clean this up.

The master just looked at the young mage and said, ‘I thought that you had told me that you were ready to begin your first initiation?

The young mage even more stunned by his masters comment was beside himself and said, ‘what am I to do master, I know nothing about this type of initiation.

Smiling his master put his arm around the shaking young mage to steady him, and said, ‘my young apprentice you have just passed the first part of your initiation.

When you correctly stated that ‘I know nothing, that is the correct answer.

The master continued and said, ‘all the words that you have read from the ancient books, have taught you nothing, ’words can’t really teach you anything about the world of spirits’, they just provided you with with frames of reference to keep you from losing your mind as you learn the real experiential knowledge that is only found within the world of spirits.

Smiling down at the apprentice the master said, 'now let’s begin your first spirit quest, where together we will begin you’re training within the world of spirits, that will teach you the experiential knowledge that you need to pass the second part of your first initiation. :)