• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are some experiences that you ever had with Magic?

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Why is this here anyways? I see nothing explicitly Setian outside of mentioning the black flame, and even if one is a Setian the question can certainly apply not just to the LHP at large but religious studies as a whole.

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
Why is this here anyways? I see nothing explicitly Setian outside of mentioning the black flame, and even if one is a Setian the question can certainly apply not just to the LHP at large but religious studies as a whole.

I do apologize Kheper, I am actually new here on this site so I am trying to learn on using the forums.

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member

I have however been curious on setianism lately, I would like to learn from the setians point of view.

Premium Member
No need to apologize, but as far as I know there are only two Setians here (unless @lovesong is one?). There is the greater lhp dir, a magic specific dir, and most topics get good responses on the main debate forum. You've found a better forum than most, take advantage of the many opinions out there :). If you want to talk just about Setianism you can post here or also PM me. I'm sure @Adramelek will be by.

lovesong

:D
Premium Member
No need to apologize, but as far as I know there are only two Setians here (unless @lovesong is one?). There is the greater lhp dir, a magic specific dir, and most topics get good responses on the main debate forum. You've found a better forum than most, take advantage of the many opinions out there :). If you want to talk just about Setianism you can post here or also PM me. I'm sure @Adramelek will be by.
No I'm not one, I just saw the thread under the new threads box and one thing lead to another!

Premium Member
The results of magic are not ones you "see," per se. Make a thread about it! We can't really keep talking about it here.

I disagree, I think the results are entirely measurable.

Truth be told on that, In my own opinions and experiences magic for me works internally instead of externally. Magic in my own opinion is not about just doing a spell externally and getting a lottery ticket. Its about doing it internally mainly.

This is what I tend to think is true, but lately my experience has suggested it is both.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Truth be told on that, In my own opinions and experiences magic for me works internally instead of externally. Magic in my own opinion is not about just doing a spell externally and getting a lottery ticket. Its about doing it internally mainly.

This is what is known in Setian philosophy as Xeper (pronounced Khefr) = "To Come Into Being" i.e. Self-Evolution - Self-Creation.

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
I am familiar with the term Xeper Adramelek, I have been on the website of the temple of set before. The thing that I am curious about the temple of set is if they teach you on doing your rituals and workings creatively on your own.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
I am familiar with the term Xeper Adramelek, I have been on the website of the temple of set before. The thing that I am curious about the temple of set is if they teach you on doing your rituals and workings creatively on your own.

Full disclosure for you Sutekh, even though I am currently not a ToS member, I was an initiate of it for over 7 years. To answer your question, yes, absolutely. Creating your own individual working Magickal rites is a part of the Initiatory process in the Temple.

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
Interesting, I have been on the website of the esoteric order of Beelzebub. I found their story of their rituals to be quite creative when I read through their ritual story in the hotel with the electronic devices creating their black flame with the altar.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Interesting, I have been on the website of the esoteric order of Beelzebub. I found their story of their rituals to be quite creative when I read through their ritual story in the hotel with the electronic devices creating their black flame with the altar.

Excellent observation Sutekh. Yes, the Esoteric Order of Beelzebub in my humble opinion is one of the more excellent orders of the ToS along with the Order of Leviathan of which I was a member; the Order of the Trapezoid, the Order of Xnum, and the Order of the Vampyre.

Mine is an Altar of the Black Flame with the Pentagram of Set at its center;

full

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
Interesting, I normally tend to dabble into doing independent sethian sorcery by some books that I am currently reading by the author whose name is Michael W. Ford. Some of his books though tend to go into the history and myths of ahriman and other archetypes as well, I personally have only read 3 of his books.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Interesting, I normally tend to dabble into doing independent sethian sorcery by some books that I am currently reading by the author whose name is Michael W. Ford. Some of his books though tend to go into the history and myths of ahriman and other archetypes as well, I personally have only read 3 of his books.

You should check out Stephen Flowers' book "Lords of the Left-Hand Path". He is a Setian writer, long time member, and a Magus of the Temple of Set.

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
Ive actually read his book before, I found it to be quite an interesting book.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member

Also, there are Don Webb's books, former High Priest of Set and a Magus of Xeper, "The Seven Faces of Darkness" and "The Mysteries of the Temple of Set".

Premium Member

Ford had a fascinating thing going with Ahriman, but I found him far too LaVeyan with his imagery and drama. Besides Webb and Flowers I also recommend The Dark Lord by Peter Levenda.