• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are some experiences that you ever had with Magic?

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
Understanding that many of us are all from different faiths, I was curious on this LHP forum on what are the experiences that many of us had with Magic. For me the more I got into greater magic and other LHP genres of magic the more I have had experiences where I felt the black flame or a force inside of me.

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
Magic comes with study and practice, the most important thing that you have to learn about magic is the use of having a "will, desire, and a belief" as I once read this from an LHP author by the name of Michael W. Ford.

lovesong

:D
Premium Member
Magic comes with study and practice, the most important thing that you have to learn about magic is the use of having a "will, desire, and a belief" as I once read this from an LHP author by the name of Michael W. Ford.
Yes magic is the combination of strong will and the manipulation of natural energies to create change.
And at times the use of the generosity of a god/spirit/other spiritual-type being.

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
Truth be told on that, In my own opinions and experiences magic for me works internally instead of externally. Magic in my own opinion is not about just doing a spell externally and getting a lottery ticket. Its about doing it internally mainly.

lovesong

Premium Member
Truth be told on that, In my own opinions and experiences magic for me works internally instead of externally. Magic in my own opinion is not about just doing a spell externally and getting a lottery ticket. Its about doing it internally mainly.
Magic through meditation is certainly an option too! You don't need a ritual and objects to manipulate the energy around you, the sheer power of a strong mind can bend these forces, objects and rituals are only really used to make things easier and help us get in the zone but there's certainly no need for them.

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
Speaking of meditations, I have read an RHP book once by an author by the name of Christopher Penczak. He is wiccan, however I did find his use of cosmic messaging on his version of instant magick through meditation to be useful for my thoughts and mind. Magic normally does not work externally still it normally works internally through the force of your mind. I normally however do not dabble into RHP Magic though.

lovesong

Premium Member
Speaking of meditations, I have read an RHP book once by an author by the name of Christopher Penczak. He is wiccan, however I did find his use of cosmic messaging on his version of instant magick through meditation to be useful for my thoughts and mind. Magic normally does not work externally still it normally works internally through the force of your mind. I normally however do not dabble into RHP Magic though.
I'm into that whole "everything is grey" idea, I don't really see RHP versus LHP magic except in extreme cases (healing versus demon work). I work with magic as a whole from one end of the spectrum to the other but there's nothing wrong with specializing.

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
LHP magic is mainly the use of self deification and from getting rid of the use of past indoctrination. Its mainly an antinomian path, for me personally I do not like to label magic black or white, instead I more or less agree with LaVeys view that "Magic is magic".

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
To actually try to believe that magic works is you must be open about it yourself.

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
Magic isn't an illusion and nor isn't it a scapegoat to fantasy. One of things that I learned from some LHP and RHP books is magic is mainly something that you are dedicated and devoted to, it is not a game of sorts and nor isn't it a drug to escape from reality. Also, in magic no one is not doing an illusion to your mind, magic mainly activates a subjective state within you. When you start to visualize things such as a fire upon your circle or a deity surrounding you then you will start to activate a subjective experience from the use of chants, sigils, imagery, invocations, or evocations etc. However the things that you must be careful is magic can at times be addicting and controlling, you have to try to control your magic you cannot let it to control you. I myself have had problems with magic where it started to control me.

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
First Baseman I do not believe in demons, what I was implying is that magic lets you enter that process of imagination creating and changing yourself internally or externally. Magic is a very complicated subject, I view magic to be basic psychology at times for my general well being.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Understanding that many of us are all from different faiths, I was curious on this LHP forum on what are the experiences that many of us had with Magic. For me the more I got into greater magic and other LHP genres of magic the more I have had experiences where I felt the black flame or a force inside of me.

I've seen that most of us here, LHP or otherwise, don't often share details of our magical practices. They're personal, and more than that it pretty hard to convey the experience to others. It's just so subtle and subjective. In the end magic is behind most of my achievements, if not all, from my friendships to my degree to my job. The improvement of my life, bit by bit, is my experience of magic.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Can anybody really do any real magic?
With every breath I take, and from all of the things I do in those breaths. Magic isn't something anybody can "do", it's what comes of what you do. It is a reaction instead of an action.

For example: The magic of this post is the respect that may come by posting this. My soul's magical contribution is giving this piece of mind, for a magical reaction to complete the contribution must be played by other souls to be touched and affected by the vibrations of my spiritual action. In other words, the value of this post could spread to others and in return vibrations could reflect from their soul back to mine. This is an example of first hand magic and second hand magic.

Another example is the value of this post is also as an answer, which in turn its vibrations will reach and affect your soul, either if you take this answer or if it brings upon another question. Either way it is magic.

Magic is an action of the soul, effecting the souls around it.

Peace.

lovesong

Premium Member
I view magic (magic just done by the individual, this ignores magic done with other beings such as a god, spirit, or demon) in a very concrete, structured way. I believe that all natural things contain their own unique energy. We can use and manipulate this energy in various ways to accomplish goals. While I do believe that a strong mind is important, it's needed to be able to focus on the energy, extract it, and use it, will alone cannot produce magic or change the energy an object has. When I say will cannot produce magic alone I mean that you cannot just wish something to be done and it will be done, energy has to be manipulated, it has to be extracted out of one thing and used to change another. This can be done without elaborate tools, but objects with the desired energies still need to be somewhere near by for you to grasp them. When I say will cannot change what the energy in an object is, I mean that everything has a set energy, like every food has its own flavor. Red and blue can be used for many things, but together they cannot make purple no matter how much you want it to, much like how the energy of a rose quartz can not be used to draw money no matter how much you wish it would. I believe that magic is both an art and a science, its a place of creativity, trial and error, and personal expression, but in order for it to work there are certain rules and systems in play that we have to figure out and use.

Last edited: