• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are some differences between the war inside Arjuna and the war inside Krishna?

Alisha Kapoor

I am doing some reading in Mahabharata but I want to understand the key differences between the internal conflict inside Arjuna and also Lord Krishna. Are either internal wars worth fighting? What do you guys think?

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
Lord Krishna had no internal conflict. He is the Supreme Brahman, sat chit ananda.

Arjuna’s internal conflict is him performing his duty as a warrior and having to fight his friends and family. :)

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
So it is not possible that Lord Krishna was suffering from an internal conflict? I mean he had experiences as a human so is it not possible to run through some confusion?
In the story Krishna is fully God only taking a human body so that he can guide people through a human example and using human language. He is pure love in sat-cit-Ananda (being-awareness-bliss) at all times.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Was Arjuna's internal conflict worth fighting???
Yes, he was mixing his 'dharma' with other consideration, namely, love of the family. 'Dharma' is a hard task master.

If you were a law officer, won't you fine your relative for over-speeding? Duty is above all other considerations, that is the message of BhagawadGita.
"Karmanyevadhikaraste, ma faleshu kadachana .."

Last edited:

ajay0

I am doing some reading in Mahabharata but I want to understand the key differences between the internal conflict inside Arjuna and also Lord Krishna. Are either internal wars worth fighting? What do you guys think?

Krishna, being enlightened, was guided by the intuitions arising from the Self.

On the other hand, Arjuna, being unenlightened, was under the grip of the ego or psychological mind, with its cravings and aversions (raag-dvesh), and hence suffered from a nervous breakdown before the war. Aversion for fighting his relatives and Guru Drona was the issue.

Duryodhana was fighting the war craving for undisputed power, wealth and sovereignty to the exclusion of everyone else , disregarding obstinately the objections of his elders, sages and counsellors.