• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are religionists being taught about other religions?

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
How would the Baha'i Faith have handled it? Just as your best guess at the things that should have been done to reconcile the situation.

Then, what about the problem at the southern border between the U.S. and Mexico? What would the Baha'is do to justly solve the problem of one nation will economically assets closing its borders to people in need that have left the turmoil of their country and seek asylum?

Then, the opposite problem, native people that had their land overtaken by people from other countries? And that was still going on while Baha'u'llah was here on Earth. In fact, while Baha'u'llah was declaring himself, the U.S. was fighting a war about kidnapping people and forcing them to work as slaves. What is the just thing to do? What would Baha'is do to solve all these problems? You're the ones saying there is no "magic" wand to these problems. So what is the Baha'i solution?

Our system is based one oneness so tyey would solve their problems through consultation

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
So different religions don't define God differently? If you asked a Buddhist, a Hindu and a Christian who or what is God? Do you think they'd agree that they are talking about the same being?
I'll pipe in, as a (sincere) member of a non-Baha'i faith mentioned. ... No, never, definitely not, absolutely not, not a chance in Hades, ...

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
The problem is the system. Baha’u’llah described it as ‘lamentably defective’ and said a new system was needed. The current system is based on material profit not spiritual development and virtues which it needs to be.
Yes, you have the system. How would Baha'is handle those situations? Isn't those kinds of decisions going to be something that the people of the world turn to the Baha'i Faith for answers? Like if that happened right now, what would the Baha'i Faith do to fix things?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Even within Hinduism is there only one definition of who God or the Gods are?
No there are many. Perhaps a couple might agree with Baha'i ideas. I'd have to do some intellectual research.
None of them ever spawned manifestations. Most are considered as emanators, not creators. All are loving unconditionally.
Some have form, some are formless.

The main point of disagreement with Baha'i is they just do assumptions without research or consultation with actual adherents. Because of them being wrong on so many other things, I figure they're most likely wrong here too. But who knows? Not really my concern.

This might help: Bahá'í Faith and Hinduism - Wikipedia

Edited to add... All of the information available comparing the small faith with the large religion are from the small faith. When you google How Baha'is view Hinduism you get a ton of stuff, but when you google how Hindus view the Bahai faith you get nothing at all. So it's very one sided. Most Hindus consider the Baha'i faith as rather insignificant.

Last edited:

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Yes, you have the system. How would Baha'is handle those situations? Isn't those kinds of decisions going to be something that the people of the world turn to the Baha'i Faith for answers? Like if that happened right now, what would the Baha'i Faith do to fix things?

I think as the world matures consultation will be used to solve problems. We are able to solve our problems through dialogue and so we hope the Baha’i example will be adopted by others as it’s peaceful.