• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are Kali's special days?

Viraja

Jaya Jagannatha!
Would it be ashtami?

I wonder if her appearance day, if any, is celebrated anywhere with glory...

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I suppose you would find many things of interest here: Search content of DrikPanchang.com

The special days are Kali Chaturdashi and Sandhi Puja, the time when ashtami changes into navami. But I do not find any particular day of the week or month dedicated to Goddess Kali. IMHO, what is considered auspicious for Mother Durga should be considered auspicious in case of Mother Kali also. However, other members of the forum may have something more to say about this.

ameyAtmA

~ ~
Premium Member
Acc. to Devi MahAtmya (a.k.a. ChanDi pATh) section of MArkanDeya purAN KAli manifested on ashTami, from DurgA's adnyA chakra (third eye).

Regarding DurgA -- the composite shakti of VishweDeva (all Devas) -- DurgA is primarily VishNu's shakti , combined with shakti of all Devas (Indra...) - which in turn are parts/aspects of NArAyaN-VishNu... So the combining was not in time acc. to me.
Also because VishNu initiated this.

People equate DurgA = pArvatI which is OK, because Adi-Shakti is One, and the rahasya-trayam says the secret original Adi-Shakti which "created" the Tri-Dev-N-Tri-Devis per BramhAnDa (acc. to mArkanDeya purAN) is MahALakshmi ! Which is Shri . The mahAlakshmi of KolhApur is that.

Which circles back to the fact that DurgA is primarily MahAVishNu's shakti i.e. MahALakshmi

*I like DrikPanchang too. Most trustworthy - especially for the JanmAshTami niSit kAl ..

Last edited: