• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are God's atributes?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
And how do you discern this information?

What do we really know about God?

Mostly listen, meditation, and reflection. I dont use the term, but "god" is everywhere and everything. The life in the living. The voice of the wind. The warmth of the trees. The soul of the earth. The water our birth and last destination.

There is nothing outside of life itself; so, whatever else is called god(s) are just reflections of life itself.

Get to know yourself, others, and your environment and you'll know the traits of god.

Which god are you asking about?

janesix

Mostly listen, meditation, and reflection. I dont use the term, but "god" is everywhere and everything. The life in the living. The voice of the wind. The warmth of the trees. The soul of the earth. The water our birth and last destination.

There is nothing outside of life itself; so, whatever else is called god(s) are just reflections of life itself.

Get to know yourself, others, and your environment and you'll know the traits of god.

Which god are you asking about?
The God of your choice.

GoodbyeDave

Your use of the word "God" with a capital G implies the existance of a unique individual.

If that refers to a creator, then that job wasn't necessarily a one-god effort. If one assumes a unique creator, then they obviously have to be knowledgeable enough to create a universe and powerful enough to do it. That's all.

If you are implying that there is only one being entitled to be regarded as a god, that is clearly wrong. Roughly speaking, any entity which inspires awe and reverence in humans can be called a god. That's what constitutes the attributes of a god. How do we know? The same way we know about anything: experience.

Skwim

Veteran Member
What are God's atributes?
Well, according to the Bible he

creates evil
is jealous
is an indiscriminate killer: needlessly kills babies and innocent women
is a bit incompetent for being a god: has made mistakes
loves praise and to be worshiped​

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Nope. God can mean anything. God/Lord Zues. God/Lord Athena. God/Lord Vishnu. Its caps because its a proper pronoun not specific to one religion.
Wrong. God, without a descriptor, like false god, the god Zeus, so forth, literally, is the name, of the Biblical God. Everytime you read, in the Bible, 'God', without some other descriptor, it is telling you the name, of the Biblical God.

Reading the Bible, using the methodology you presented, wouldn't even make sense.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Wrong. God, without a descriptor, like false god, the god Zeus, so forth, literally, is the name, of the Biblical God. Everytime you read, in the Bible, 'God', without some other descriptor, it is telling you the name, of the Biblical God.

Reading the Bible, using the methodology you presented, wouldn't even make sense.

Its the English language.

Proper nouns (Jesus and Mc Donalds) are specific names of a person, place, or thing. The nouns would be: person and place.

When god is in caps, it becomes a proper noun to a specific person, place, or thing. Like God/Lord Vishnu, God/Lord Zues. Whether they are false or not is specific to your belief system; its not a fact.

gods, without caps, are just nouns.

You can use god (small g) to mean object or person of worship. You can use as an adjective/discriptor to the divinity of a noun, say Vishnu (noun) and his discriptor is god.

But God is specific. Vishnu is a being, a person. So, putting God in front of Vishnu makes him not just a noun but a "proper" important person. The God Vishnu. Lord Vishnu, much better.

God isnt a christian term. Never has been.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I'm not sue how I would do that. Can you name a few?

Hm. For example, if Im asking for attributes of a god, Id say what are the attributes the God Zues.

That or you can say what are the attributes of god -we believe in- so we know to mention our views.

When you only say God, people think its the christian one. Unless thats your intention, name a God you'd like attributes to or narrow your question.

It really honestly depends on the answers you want too. The goal of your question.

janesix

Hm. For example, if Im asking for attributes of a god, Id say what are the attributes the God Zues.

That or you can say what are the attributes of god -we believe in- so we know to mention our views.

When you only say God, people think its the christian one. Unless thats your intention, name a God you'd like attributes to or narrow your question.

It really honestly depends on the answers you want too. The goal of your question.
Everyone has their own version of God. It was kind of my point.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Everyone has their own version of God. It was kind of my point.

Just saying its kinda vague. A lot of people are posting attributes to other peoples gods. They connect God to the christian one.

Nothing you did wrong. I just kinda know RF little too much :(